[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Red Hood in DCEU
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 5
Do you think Red Hood will be received well by the GA if WB decided to include him in DCEU?

>inb4 he is going to be the Loki and Bucky of DC films.
>>
>>80785371
Yes. If WS was received well then red hood can be too. Red hood is the better character imo
>>
File: 1456701112607.png (213 KB, 446x426) Image search: [Google]
1456701112607.png
213 KB, 446x426
>>80785449
>Red hood is the better character imo
You're joking, right? Jason never had a good run, at least WS had the Brubaker one.
>>
>>80785371
Don't a lot of casuals already know him from the animated movie and Arkham Knight now anyway?
>>
File: 1456954207911.jpg (30 KB, 234x224) Image search: [Google]
1456954207911.jpg
30 KB, 234x224
Jason and Bucky will get so much gay broken husbando smut art. I'm awaiting it.

>>80785449

Come on now let's not get delusional here guys.
>>
>>80785548
He might not, but he still better character than bucky.
>>
>>80785789
>but he still better character than bucky.
How? Jason was boring before his death and his resurrection was handled incredibly poorly.
>>
>>80785371
I would prefer a movie with Hush, but Jason Todd is really popular now, could work
>>
>>80785371
It could work as a Batman film, but I can't see him slotting into any other films than an Under the Hood adaption.

The main problem I would see is that he'd need to keep the hood on for a long time to keep up the suspense, but Hollywood hates putting actors in masks for extended periods of time.
>>
>>80785789
well...hes better at whining than winter soldier.
>>
>>80785924
>he'd need to keep the hood on for a long time to keep up the suspense
Would there be any point? Every version of UTH makes it painfully obvious that Red Hood is Jason.
>>
>>80785961
Has more of a reason to as well.
>Grow up with a literal whore for a mother
>Get adopted by Batman and have some niceness in your life
>Other people look down on you for being the second fiddle to Dick Grayson
>Find your biological mother
>She sells you out to the Joker
>Get brutally beaten then left to die
>Batman doesn't save you
>Wake up in your own grave
>Walk around Gotham until the League of assassins pick you up
>Get subjected to the Lazarus pit
>Find out Batman (the closest thing to a father you ever had didn't take revenge on the Joker and got a replacement
>>
>>80785371
Yes, he'll attract woobie fangirls like mad
>>
>>80785964
Probably not, but every director wants to make their surprising reveal have as much impact as possible.

Which will never work when they inevitably put 100 shots of Batman staring forlornly at the robin costume in the case.
>>
>>80786152
>Has more of a reason to as well.
I'd prefer Jason's life to Bucky's. Going through the horrors of WW2, getting tortured and brainwashed for decades and being forced to kill people is much worse in my opinion.
>>
Well, at least if they adapt him it'll just be the already Red Hood fanbase that becomes more cancerous rather than shitting up an actual good character.
>>
>>80786292
>fanbase of a good character becomes complete shit
>fanbase of a shit character becomes bigger and louder and also the fanbase is shit

I honestly don't know which is worse
>>
>>80786245
Bigger fangirl bait than Dick Grayson.
>>
>>80786268
Yeah true. Hopefully if they do adapt UTH they improve the reveal drastically, because it's always underwhelming as hell.

>>80786282
Bucky was essentially a child soldier too.
>>
>>80785924
They can get rid of the hamlet after UtRH and give him red hoodie instead.
>>
>>80786344
Both have happened to various versions of the Joker and Batman, the second one is always worse.
>>
>>80785371
Red Hood is just a bad move. It'd be see as ripping off Winter Soldier.
>>
>>80786344
The latter. The first fan-base will disperse once the new 'cool' comes along, and it'll go back to normal.

The shit character's fan-base will always be annoying, because they'll have had a moment to constantly bring up and mention constantly.
>>
They're saving Jason for battle of the cowl.
>>
>>80785584
>Jason's the most exposed Robin in popular culture at the moment.
I can honestly say I didn't see that one coming.
>>
>>80786497
for*
>>
>>80786497
>Introducing Jason as a gun-toting Batman copycat
This would probably be more interesting than just re-doing the Red Hood shit again.
>>
>>80786519
Yeah it's weird. Not surprising though seeing as how Dick is rarely shown as Robin in any media adaptations now and he was the most popular before.
>>
>>80785371
He has actually better chance to do well than the other robins.
>>
I personally wouldn't want red hood at all. I mean good gravy I do not care for the guy. There are any number of bat related characters id much rather see given screen time than red hood.
Nightwing, any other robin, batgirl, slightly chinese batgirl, batwoman. Hey batwing...theres a character id rather see red hood than. so theres the one.
>>
>>80786519
It's pretty funny when you think about.
Once thought of as the least popular Robin is probably going to be the one who gains the most popularity outside of comics.
Because to be fair he is the one with a cohesive storyline where he HAS to be a main character to move the plot along and has an emotional impact on the viewers/readers.

Dick and Tim are usually just supporting characters to Batman and are easily replaceable. You can tell by how they always just mash Robins together and/or change personalities to suit the other characters and the story. I mean Tim and Dick have their intro arcs with Batman, but after that, not too much. Hell, either of them would probably be more valuable in a Titans movie.
>>
>>80786766
>he is the one with a cohesive storyline where he HAS to be a main character to move the plot along and has an emotional impact on the viewers/readers.
I agree if we're strictly talking about Tim.
Dick's growth into Nightwing and his time as Batman are both story lines that fit this criteria though.
>>
>>80786838
>Dick's growth into Nightwing
They always fuck it up by making Batman an irrational asshole or Dick a whiny bitch.

It's nice as an explanation but let's not pretend it's been told in a story spectacularly.

>his time as Batman
I'll give you this but they will never let anyone but Bruce be Batman for more than an hour unfortunately
>>
File: 1.jpg (75 KB, 506x783) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
75 KB, 506x783
anyone here watch the 100

perfect right?
>>
>>80786838
You have to put a lot of effort into building Dick up as a character to care about him though. Like you said 'growth into Nightwing and his time as Batman' are great stories but you care because you've followed his life. If you just start off with Nightwing, its nowhere near as interesting

Contrast it with Jason which is a much simpler story (probably why the movie was better than the comic) you only have to show a kid being brutalised then coming back pissed that his "Dad" didn't avenge him and the audience will care on some level.
>>
>>80786838
>Dick's growth into Nightwing
This hasn't been good since pre crisis though

TNBA, immediately post crisis, and Nightwing Year One were all awful
>>
>>80787000
Yeah, it will be much easier to get the audience to care about Jason than dick.
>>
>>80786925
>They always fuck it up by making Batman an irrational asshole or Dick a whiny bitch.
Agreed yeah. It'd be nice to see if they could actually make his resentment plausible over a couple of movies or something, but Dick is probably already Nightwing in the DCEU at this point so it would be redundant.

>they will never let anyone but Bruce be Batman for more than an hour unfortunately
Yeah Bad Blood proved this.
>>
>>80787024
Death In The Family and Under The Hood were both awful too but Jason is still popular now.
>>
So how would you handle Jason in a completely rebooted universe.

And I mean utterly rebooted, everything is being retold.

I'd make him a villain. The Lazarus pit really fucked with his mind, turning him into an evil Batman.
>>
>>80786962
I really really hope that you're not being sarcastic because I would love to see Bob Morley play Jason in the DCEU.

He plays the "A dick but not a full blown asshole.: character perfectly. Even after he helped murder grounders this season.
>>
>>80787473
He'd stay dead.
>>
>>80786436
Not really. There a lot of differences between the two.

>Steve and Bucky were just really close friends while Jason was Bruce adopted son (that will affect the GA more)
>Bucky didn't really died and was brainwashed while Jason died and returned angry.
>TWS was more about hydra than it about Bucky while UTRH was about Jason and his relationship with Batman.
>>
>>80787275
These two story are considered to be classic tho. Not mentioned, easy to adopt.
>>
>>80785371
Yep, fangirls will love him. He also actually funny compared to bucky which will win over the casuals because they love funny.
>>
>>80787876
>Under The Hood is considered a classic
Since when? I remember it getting nothing short of vitriol when it was originally being published.
>>
>>80787876
>Death In The Family adaptation
I'd love to see them actually adapt the whole story. Seeing normies react to Joker becoming the middle eastern representative would be brilliant.
>>
>>80788699
>Joker becoming the middle eastern representative

They don't need to keep this part.
>>
>>80788845
>They don't need to keep this part
They don't need to, but they should, and play it completely deadpan serious.
>>
>>80788699
That would make perfect sense why Batfleck would not kill him and protect him from other vigilantes.
>>
>>80788845
They really do though.
>>
>>80785371
As long as they do it well.
>>
>>80787494
Who would we cast Clarke as? And why is she so perfect
>>
I may be a bit tired of Jason right now, but I cant deny the benefit of having him simply because it allows them to use several bat rogues at once like Riddler, Black Mask, Penguin, and of course Joker. I think the general audience will accept him
>>
>>80785371
He's just a shitty Punisher.
>>
>>80785371
The real question is, will the GA accept a Grayson movie.
>>
>>80789578
Are we limited to DCEU?
Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.