[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is there an archive somewhere full of all the shit news that
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 8
File: Thor-Ragnarok-Fan-Logo.jpg (116 KB, 1600x800) Image search: [Google]
Thor-Ragnarok-Fan-Logo.jpg
116 KB, 1600x800
Is there an archive somewhere full of all the shit news that keeps coming up about Thor 3? Been out of the loop for a while and heard it's been gradually going down into the shitter and been looking forward to see as to why.
>>
Lastest rumor claims Marvel trying to fit Planet Hulk into this movie

Possible Spoilers
>Despite having not read the script yet, Ruffalo has described Ragnarok as a Universal road movie or like the 1980s movie Midnight Run with the Hulk and Thor. He’s also teased that the Hulk’s personality and Banner’s personality have started to merge a bit.

>ccording to our sources, after Thor catches on to Hela and Loki’s (still mysterious) plot that is going down in Asgard, Hela destroys Mjolnir, and banishes Thor from Asgard (which we covered here). Loki and Hela’s plan involves the major arc of the Marvel Universe, and just when it looks like Thor is about to put a stop to it, he gets banished — but not to any old planet. He ends up on a gladiatorial planet where his head is shaved and he’s forced to fight for his life. Let’s call this planet Sakaar, like it was in the comic books.

>Thor knows that he has to get to some MacGuffin weapon object to defeat Hela and Loki (could this be the Infinity Gauntlet that Thanos is in possession of, or maybe an assemblage of Infinity Stones?) and he has to get off the planet. Thor runs through all of his alien opponents in gladiatorial combat, even without his trademark hammer. Finally, Thor has to face the current champion of the arena, and wouldn’t you know who that ends up being? The Hulk.

cont.
>>
>>80780544
I find it hilarious that Marvel Studios' thought process has been:

>We understand that people don't really like the tone of the first two Thor movies, so we're going to take this one in a new direction
>We're going to make it even MORE of a comedy!
>>
>>80780966
That sounds kinda alright, but if it's true why is it even called Ragnarok anymore? Sounds like they're just going for something completely different.
>>
>>80780966
So far all I'm thinking is that I will watch the shit out of this movie. Planet Hulk with Unworthy Thor Conan/Spartacus hijinks? Fucking hell yeah.
>>
>>80781054
>not thinking a Thor/Hulk Buddy cop film is not great

Shaking my senpai, we all know capeshit movies are best when they are not capeshit movies

>WS is a Spy flick with capeshit skin
>Ant-Man is a Heist flick with capeshit skin
>GotG is Indiana Jones with capeshit skin
>Deadpool is a romance flick with capeshit skin

As for me I can't wait for Thor and Hulk's Ragnaroad Trip
>>
Sorry I was busy.

>>80780966

Cont.

>When we reconnect with Hulk in Thor: Ragnarok, he’s managed to avoid reverting back to the Banner state since we last saw him in the Quinjet in Avengers: Age of Ultron. Hulk in Hulk form is pretty much unkillable, so he survived the trip to Sakaar (however he got there). His “Banner” is starting to seep through into the Hulk persona, and because of the Hulk-Banner melding, Hulk actually remembers Thor and his relationship to him. That’s what starts the two on a Midnight Run to the MacGuffin that Thor desperately needs.

>Some of these details could shift like the sands of time considering the shooting script for Thor: Ragnarok hasn’t been locked down, but sources confirm that the outline is there: Marvel found a way to include the Planet Hulk storyline without having to attempt a solo Hulk movie where everyone is a CGI character, not to mention dealing with the character’s solo movie rights (which has some sort of hold-up with Universal). Instead, gladiator Chris Hemsworth will be the audience’s focus as Thor picks up Hulk on his road-trip through the stars.

http://www.geek.com/news/exclusive-hulks-role-in-thor-ragnarok-revealed-1645446/
>>
>>80781806
So how far can Marvel stretch the definition of "Not a Hulk movie", regarding the Universal deal?
>>
File: thor kicking mutant ass 1.jpg (3 MB, 1988x3056) Image search: [Google]
thor kicking mutant ass 1.jpg
3 MB, 1988x3056
>>80781806
>>80780966
Seems interesting. Would be cool if they gave him Jarnbjorn.
>>
File: thor kicking mutant ass 2.jpg (2 MB, 1988x3056) Image search: [Google]
thor kicking mutant ass 2.jpg
2 MB, 1988x3056
>>80781951
>>
File: thor kicking mutant ass 3.jpg (2 MB, 1988x3056) Image search: [Google]
thor kicking mutant ass 3.jpg
2 MB, 1988x3056
>>80781972
>>
File: thor kicking mutant ass 4.jpg (2 MB, 1988x3056) Image search: [Google]
thor kicking mutant ass 4.jpg
2 MB, 1988x3056
>>80781989
>>
>>80780544
First they wanted to make it more like "The Winter Soldier".

But now they always talk about making it more like "Guardians of the Galaxy".

And while I loved both of those films, Ragnarok should be more like TWS, stuff like GOTG doesn't go hand in hand with Nordic Apocalypse...
>>
>>80781407
Upvoted, my fellow drone!
>>
>>80781407
You got that the wrong way around.
Those movie are all capeshit, but with the thin veneer of another genre.
>>
File: Cancer.png (205 KB, 404x370) Image search: [Google]
Cancer.png
205 KB, 404x370
>>80781806
>>80780966

So basically fuck Planet Hulk
>>
File: 1454381272374.jpg (758 KB, 981x3400) Image search: [Google]
1454381272374.jpg
758 KB, 981x3400
>>80780544
This, basically.
>>
>>80782567
Someone should do one for every phase 3 movie
>>
>>80783493
Only Ragnarok's gone through this complete 180 of expectations desu. Then again it's one of the only movies close enough to be getting so many news updates.
I guess you could do one with Dr Strange and MUH MAGIC, but as every fucking thread on the topic will bear testament to Dr Strange magic is very quantum sciencey in the first place so it's not that big a deal.
>>
>>80783924
Yeah, but to be fair, it's being directed by Taika Waititi.

It's not Whedon or even Gunn. The dude puts out stuff better or on par with the Russos.

I don't care if it's a musical, even, I'll won't doubt it until I see it.
>>
>>80780966
>>80781806
Also, Heimdall dies.
>>
File: 1458009438596.jpg (217 KB, 1100x1315) Image search: [Google]
1458009438596.jpg
217 KB, 1100x1315
>>80782567
UHHHHHH
>>
>>80782029

>wacky space adventures are less in line with Thor than a spy thriller
>>
>>80781929
Most likely avoiding Ruffalo (or whoever portrays Banner/Hulk) having top billing and the film containing "Hulk" in the title.
>>
so Beta Ray Bill will show up?
>>
>>80789923
Probably never in the MCU.

The big (non-Loki) villain for this movie is apparently going to be Hela played by Cate Blanchett, so there's not much room to jam Surtur destroying Korbin and starting a doomsday run for the Odinsword in there.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.