[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Flash Movie
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 125
Thread images: 12
Likely the movie will start filming next year or so. How would like to see a Flash movie done? What kind of story will it be? Who would be the villains? What do you want to succeed in that the CW show failed in?
>>
>>80780245
>What do you want to succeed in that the CW show failed in?

Flash Facts
Properly set up Rogues
Much more likable Barry
>>
>>80780245
>How would like to see a Flash movie done?
Without Ezra Miller
>>
>>80780312
>much more likable Barry
This
>>
>yfw mark hamill shows up as the DCEU trickster too
>>
>>80780245
>What do you want to succeed in that the CW show failed in?
Avoiding time travel plot holes.
>>
>>80780245
You know what? If the suit end up looking somewhat like this, I'd be fucking happy.
>>
>Instead of taking bathroom breaks, The Flash vibrates the molecules of his urine until it passes through his body in a yellow mist
>>
>>80780928
Don't tell me you're that guy who didn't get the season finale.
>>
>>80780245
Give us a redheaded Iris. Give us the Rogues or Grodd or someone other than another fucking speedster. Keep Joe
>>
>>80780385
>80780385
ohf uck off gustin is perfect
>>
wally as the main flash

It's prime opportunity. People love the CW Flash. Give them something different.

They're already deviating from the main comics with Cyborg and no Hal. Movie flash can definitely be Wally.
>>
>>80780245
Is that seriously what the outfit is going to look like?

Goddamn, Snyder loves sticking with one goddamn color, makes shit look like giant blobs. They literally have the little lighting bolts and aren't making them gold? What the fuck man.
>>
>>80781327
Time travel in that show is a just make it up as you go along.
Though the finale was simple enough for anyone to understand
>>
>>80781327
It relied on self-contradictory logic and there's no getting around that.
>>
File: nathalie emmanuel.jpg (206 KB, 452x602) Image search: [Google]
nathalie emmanuel.jpg
206 KB, 452x602
>>80781726
>Give us a redheaded Iris.

Game of Thrones actress Nathalie Emanuel linked to Flash love interest role!
>>
>>80781869
No
Bad, Anon
Sit in the corner
>>
>>80781905
deviantart
>>
File: bitd.jpg (16 KB, 255x247) Image search: [Google]
bitd.jpg
16 KB, 255x247
>>80781905
It's a Mock-up, you tool. There's even a DA username in the corner
>>
>>80781942
Eddie shooting himself to erase Wells didn't make sense, because up to that point time travelers were not affected by changes they made to the past. And not only that, but for some reason Wells only disappears the moment Eddie dies, even though that is no more directly responsible for Wells not being born that Eddie pulling the trigger or getting the idea in the first place.

Then the black hole just pops up because the writers said "Fuck it" and couldn't think of what to do.
>>
File: justice-league-header-1.png (293 KB, 640x324) Image search: [Google]
justice-league-header-1.png
293 KB, 640x324
>>80781905
>Is that seriously what the outfit is going to look like?

That's not even concept art. It's someone's shitty edit.
>>
>>80782046

As time travel does not exist, there are no rules for time travel.
>>
>>80782046
I thought you were referring to the two flash's being there and his double to stop.
Any ways, Time travel in that show is fucked and i won't even get into legends of tomorrow.
>>
>>80782101
Writers should still obey the laws of time travel they set for themselfs rather than just doing whatever they feel like .
>>
>>80782066

Posted the one for ant-man, my bad.
>>
>>80781869
No Wally. No Jon Stewart. No Kyle Rayner. No legacy characters.
>>
>>80782101
Existing in real life and having internal consistency are two independent things.
>>
>>80782218
>No GL, MMH, or GA/BC
What happened to "Unite the Seven?"
>>
>>80782183
>>80782268

The rules for time travel in the Flash have been established and followed.

Time travel is very malleable on the Flash.
>>
>>80781869
No I agree with you anon. We already have Barry on TV and you know what? The show is pretty damn solid. Wally needs some love. was great in the DCAU and his cavalier attitude would help differentiate himself from the more nice guy/unsure of himself Barry.
>>
>>80782339
>The rules for time travel in the Flash have been established and followed.
No they haven't. See:
>>80782046
>>
>>80782314

That was the seven seas, of which Aquaman is King.

Also, even DC seems to be aware that GL's solo film was a fuckup and is still too radioactive to touch.
>>
>>80781783
>Spend first season trying to break up his sister and a really nice guy who considers him a friend so he can have her.
Barry is a great guy!
>>
>>80782368
>No they haven't. See:

Yes they have,

Eddie killing himself in the same room as his time traveling descendant was too much for the universe to handle.

The exception proves the rule.
>>
>>80782403
>I'm talking out of my ass
>>
>>80780312
I'm so disappointed about how much they failed to properly set-up the Rogues. It would be so easy to do on a television format as well. We started off okay with scenes like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ykPSpfe9yRs

Also showing off many Rogue characters individually. We got Weather Wizard, Pied Piper, Trickster(s), Golden Glider, etc. Season 2 has barely touched on stuff with the Rogues. Except for the midseason finale with Weather Wizard, Trickster and Captain Cold. I can't help but feel that it's mainly due to Legends for taking Captain Cold and to a lesser extent Heat Wave.
>>
>>80782468
>pretends to be brain damaged to get out of consequences out of making a move on said adopted sister

Piece of shit
>>
>>80782468
How am I wrong? They're not blood relatives sure but they were raised as siblings from a young age. Eddie is a really nice guy.
>>
File: FTFY.jpg (134 KB, 713x713) Image search: [Google]
FTFY.jpg
134 KB, 713x713
>>80782440
*was too much for the writers to handle
>>
>>80782440
That's absolute nonsense.
>>
>>80782547
Not him and you're not wrong, Barry was kind of fucked up and he did try to make up for it but Eddie was such a primetime faggot
>>
>>80782352
It doesn't make sense to start the Flash movies with a legacy character. It would be like getting a GL movie and it staring Kyle Rayner, with mentions of Hal in passing.
>>
>>80782547
Barry lived with them for 7 years tops and was in love with Iris even before he moved in. She was never his sister. And vice versa
>>
>>80782589
>Eddie was such a primetime faggot
best boy
>>
File: snydermomoa.jpg (693 KB, 3390x2902) Image search: [Google]
snydermomoa.jpg
693 KB, 3390x2902
>>80780939
if it's the red suit in this, it's much glossier.
>>
>>80782601
Make him the original
Or make him the legacy character of someone who did it a long time ago in secret a la Ant-Man
Just do something so we can get Wally on screen instead of more Barry
>>
>>80782550
>>80782587

It was clearly established early in the season that:

1. Blackout could dran the Flash's powers in a way that could spontaneously change the timeline in a dramtic way
2. Eobard couldn't kill his ancestor

Further, the fallout from the finale direct lead into the main plot for season 2, meaning it wasn't just a non-sequitor. The event had repercussions that were followed up on.
>>
>>80782622
Doesn't get around the breaking up thing.
If you were dating a girl and her adopted brother tried to break you up so he could have her, you wouldn't think he was a piece of shit?
>>
>>80782665
Weird they got Momoa for Aquaman. He would've given a great Namor.

Maybe it's better this way, Aquaman has a lot more stuff worth bringing to screen.
>>
>>80782734
It's like the writers wanted to write him as the protag of a romcom, when he was actually the villain.
>>
>>80782734
True but Eddie knew Barry loved Iris and she felt the same deep down.He walked into this, he even said "there have always been three people in this relationship".
Sure Barry was a shit but Eddie set himself up for it.
>>
>>80782101
>As time travel does not exist, there are no rules for time travel.

You could easily say that with any plot device that doesn't exist in real life, you can make anything happen. Because there are "no rules" for time travel, Reverse Flash may as well had turned into a broomstick after Eddie kills himself, and no body could say that's "wrong."
>>
>>80782819
>she felt the same deep down
>>
>>80782218
>Lightning bolt
>in opposite direction

Earth-3 or Reverse Flash?
>>
>>80782822
>Reverse Flash may as well had turned into a broomstick after Eddie kills himself, and no body could say that's "wrong."

Yes, exactly.
>>
>proper Zoom
>time-travel shenanigans
>maybe Snart as a secondary villain
>Boomer cameo
>>
>>80780928
>Avoiding time travel plot holes
>In the flash
Thats like taking away Batman's batterangs man.
>>
>>80783326
>batterangs
>>
It's pretty much confirmed that they're doing multiverse stuff in this, so that makes me pretty hyped.
I kinda hope Grant Gustin's Flash shows up. Not as a major character or anything, but just as another Barry Allen.
>>
File: grant.jpg (83 KB, 599x897) Image search: [Google]
grant.jpg
83 KB, 599x897
>>80783401
That would be great
>>
>>80783401
>I kinda hope Grant Gustin's Flash shows up.

I hope not, I hate gimmick shit. Let the movies be self-contained.
No references to previous movies or cameos of former actors (like West, Carter etc...).
>>
Here is my pasta for a trailer idea
>black screen, we can hear police banter
>we hear, clearly, that a pair of street racers that the cops are chasing pulled out guns, requesting back up
>cut to the race, cops are taking shots to their cars
>a red and gold lightening bolt zooms by the cop cars and up pass the street racers
>the street racers suddenly drop down and hit the pavement in a brilliant flash of sparks
>cut to ahead of the street, we can see the cars sliding towards us in the background, and a yellow boot as well as guns laying on the ground
>Camera pans upward as the cars slide closer, we seen the Flash from the backside and a stack of eight car tires standing beside him
>We hear more police banter now
>Flash turns his head slightly and is gone as the police move in on the street racers.
>>
First off, drop that team star labs shit CW has been doing, Barry is smart enough to do things on his own. Next use a lot of the speedster tricks like hurricane hands, speed mirage, and vibrating through matter. As for the villain, do either Mirror Master, the rogues, or just Captain Cold. Save The RF's for later.
>>
>>80783318
>Wanting a third fucking speedster
>>
>>80783546
Please don't become a writer
>>
>>80783623
Don't worry, I won't be, just so long as your promise not to procreate. Deal?
>>
>>80780245
I don't want him to fight Thawne, not in the first movie.

Maybe have him fight the Rogues. As in all of them, as a gang. Even the TV show hasn't gotten that far. All we've gotten is Cold/Heat and Trickster/Weather Wizard, and now that Mick is on ice, we may never get the whole team.
>>
I'd love the idea of the rogues as just a band of thieves upping their game with tech, with Cold as the lead role. Also Boomerang should totally be a reoccurring cameo the flash turns in.
>>
>>80784404
Yeah, like have a cold open/montage of them getting caught normally and then set off the action with them meeting in prison
>>
>>80783505
>multiverse movie
>don't include the other willing live action Flashes in breif cameos
>>
>>80782505
They did some stuff right, like https://youtu.be/yx4BO3-T1LA
But they did not do a good job of keeping it up
>>
>>80784458
>Harkness isn't allowed to join because Snart hates working with him >>80784695
The ONLY way I'd like to see CW and DCEU crossover is Erza appearing on the show once. That's it. Keep Grant and everything else CW out of the movies.
>>
>>80783546
>Camera is floating over a city, a plane flies past.
>A voice starts speaking
>A commercial airliner cruises at roughly 600 miles per hour.
>The plane slows down.
>I'm faster.
>Camera drops down to city level.
>Police sirens wail, we hear chatter over their radios of a bank robbery as they tear through the city.
>The fastest response time to a bank robbery in the USA is 2 minutes
>The cars slow down
>I'm faster.
>Inside the bank, a group of criminals stand watch, brandishing rifles and threatening people
>A guard starts to reach for his pistol.
>One of the criminals fires a rifle at him.
>A 5.56 NATO round travels at speeds over 2000 miles per hour.
>There's a metallic clinking and every one looks over.
>I'm faster.
>Flash is stood by the entrance, dropping the bullets on the floor.
>They unload on him, time grinds to a halt.
>I'm the fastest man alive.
>Red and gold lightning blurs across the bank, civilians start to blink out of the bank, the criminals are disarmed, and even with time moving so slowly that we see bullets floating in mid-air, he's still moving too fast to see clearly.
>I'm The Flash.
>>
>>80782245
Spoiler: Barry and Hal are legacy characters
>>
>>80782905
We know this case though. She even admitted this to him in the episode where Mardon caused the tidal wave and Barry went back in time at the end

Then Barry goofed up the next episode and started waving it in her face after he went back in time before she was ready to admit it.
>>
The TV Barry is a moron, but Grant is the best
every other opinion is objectively wrong
>>
>>80783505
But The Flash's consistent presence through the multiverse and ability to travel through it is a significant part of the character.

And Geoff Johns has been saying since the beginning that they had multiple Flashs and introduced the multiverse specifically with the intention of leaving this option open.
>>
>>80783546
Sounds incredibly generic, anon

>>80783697
I don't think this is a concern with /co/
>>
File: flashconcept.png (3 MB, 2208x1242) Image search: [Google]
flashconcept.png
3 MB, 2208x1242
>>80783205
It's in the usual direction in this concept art. Maybe they just think it's irrelevant.
>>
What about Lock, Stock and 2 smoking barrels with superheroes? The Rogues either aren't formed as a team (though individuals are working together) or there has been a split.
>>
Less forced black people for diversity
>>
>>80780245

Well, Ryan Reynolds is already Deadpool so we don't get to have that for Flash so....who would play him?
>>
>>80780928
The Flash's first appearance is literally alerting Batman of a post-apocalyptic future through dreams because fuck you, Speed Force.

It has already begun.
>>
>>80787059

That's why I think it would be cool if they just stuck to the fucking canon with some of the black superheroes. Like with Green Lantern. We don't HAVE to use the Hal Jordan version. John Stewart is actually a really cool lantern.
>>
>>80780245
>Likely the movie will start filming next year or so. How would like to see a Flash movie done? What kind of story will it be? Who would be the villains? What do you want to succeed in that the CW show failed in?
I only want two things.

Wally West, no Barry Allen. Even Jay Garrick is fine.

And when the production is getting started, Geoff Johns dies in a horrible accident and is no longer involved in any DC works.
>>
>>80787059
They were looking for whoever with Joe West. Then once they realized how badly they wanted Martin, they made Iris black. It makes sense that Wally would be black too. They didn't force it for diversity's sake, but because they really liked the actor.
>>
>>80782734
Except he didn't try to break them up. Yes, he enjoyed flirting with her as the Flash (which she willingly participated in) and tried to make a move after they kissed in the alternative timeline (which got him further into the friendzone and earned him a punch, after which he let it go).

The whole point of that romantic triangle storyline was that it was making everyone act badly because they couldn't handle their feelings in a restrained manner.
>>
>>80785213

>bullet is roughly 1000 MPH from a .44 mag
>flash is way faster than this
>even other rounds aren't shit in velocity

Goddammit enough.
>>
>>80787109
>who would play him?

probably the person they announced literally months ago is playing him

but this is just a random non educated guess
>>
>>80787188

I think Guggenheims writing and Synders directing are more of a problem for the tv shows and movies than anything Johns is doing
>>
>>80785169
Just a teaser, I'm hoping that until you see Flash run by the cop cars you'd have no fucking idea what it was a trailer for. Later on more detailed stuff will come, seeing the actors faces, being introduced to the rest of the cast, ect. Most teaser trailers are pretty generic. Fuck, remember the MoS teasers?
>>
>>80787395

I haven't been on /co/ for at least four months and I don't really pay attention to news regarding recent films.

Fuck me I guess.
>>
>>80787218

The deeper irony will be when they commercialize the film and then we'll see what they market with it.

I'd wear a pair of Flash Nike shoes but damn, would they be so bold?
>>
>>80787445
snyder's a good director
johns is the one who decides who shows are about, which has been placing an emphasis on his boring-as-fuck silver age crushes
>>
>>80787932
Barry's such cardboard.

It's like if they made a FF movie about the original single digit issues instead of the cool cosmic shit.

All the elements people get hype for come from Wally's years, too.
>>
File: Flash derp.png (98 KB, 602x620) Image search: [Google]
Flash derp.png
98 KB, 602x620
>>80781783
>not smart
>acts like an adult spiderman
>chad-bro
>shit boyfriend
>>
>>80787880
Given the right coloring, they could actually be legitimate shoes.
>>
>>80789380
>Not smart

But he is.

>Acts like an adult Spider-Man

Read any Wally era comic book.

>Chad-bro

It's not his fault even geeks are more confident than you.

>Shit boyfriend

Entrapment is not OK, Patty.
>>
Reminder that rumors circled around that Daniel West Reverse Flash was being considered for the solo villain.
>>
>>80790534
The idea of the New 52 getting adapted is such bullshit
>>
>>80790534
Daniel West doesn't work for a movie.
And the rumors saying he'd be a scientist and not just a thug were worrying.
>>
>>80790554
>>80790642
Well I dont mind Daniel RF, I like him as sort of the "less severe" of the trio. But yeah I agree hes certainly not my first choice of villain for a movie. I suppose their reasoning might be hes less complicated than the other two and he ties nicely with Iris. Hollywood loves there "doppelganger" villain and I could see this happening anyway
>>
>>80782758
Fox has Namor rights as part of the F4 deal and is doing fuck-all with them.
>>
>>80790751
Yeah, I wouldn't mind Danny.
But it just seems like you'd need to build up to him more a bit, and what's there isn't exactly that compelling.
>>
>>80781869
Wally is shit. Stop asking for him over the superior and way easier to write Barry.

All Wally is is Barry with a bunch more pointless complications, anyhow. It's an alternate universe so it's not like there's any core personality they have to stick to.
>>
>>80790801
Right, so I think focusing on Mirror Master or the rogues would be the better option. Having any RF now sees too big too soon. Could Cold work on his own?
>>
>>80791307
Honestly, if you're going for one Rogue...you might as well take 5.
I think 5, of any of the classic variations, would be enough.

Mirror Master would be fun to see take the lead, as probably he gets them out of prison as usual.
>>
>>80791342

Mirror Master is either a scrub jobber or very threatening depending on what you've read or seen.
>>
>>80792414
Yeah, but he hasn't had much play in other media yet.
A movie with him at the helm of the Rogues would be neat
>>
>>80783546

>Batman fighting thugs
>throws batarang
>Flash catches it
>"A frisbee? The fuck? I'm a speedster, not a dog."
>>
>>80792439

His dynamic is very easy to write with, but very hard to write well with when it comes to Flash comics.
>>
File: 1.jpg (85 KB, 1731x927) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
85 KB, 1731x927
Ay
>>
>>80792444

Why would The Flash not like Batman?

I loved the play they made in War when the Flash didn't know whether or not Batman existed and then Bats showed him respect.
>>
>>80791152
Easier doesn't necessarily mean better.

All Barry's been since he came back is Wally West with a new coat of paint though so you may be onto something here.
>>
>>80790792
Nah men, Namor is a special case
>>
>>80792444

I'm glad you're not a writer.
>>
>>80792558

Injustice screenshot
>>
>>80792558
Thats the injustice design and you know it
>>
Flash threads attract Flash fanboys, who knew?

I mean come on. It's our only safe-haven for a while. MV fans are really pissed that this might overtake their whole dominance.

The Justice League has always been way more interesting than the MV universe. Magic and shit.
>>
Ok so hypothetically you do the Rogues featuring Heatwave, Trickster, Weather Wizard, and Captain Cold as the lead role, whats the endgame plot here? The Rogues have some of the most powerful offensive weapons in the world, able to go against the friggin Flash, and they just rob banks? I say either do it Oceans Eleven style, or they put it on hold just to kill Barry so they can make a living afterwards
>>
>>80787932
if he's a good director then why are all of his movies except the one that was a remake boring as shit?

sucker punch was awful, watchman was boring and overrated, 300 was awful and overrated

man of steel is pretty much the single most boring comic movie I've ever watched.

dawn of the dead despite being nothing like the original at all is actually good though.
>>
>>80793356
Kill yourself.
>>
>>80780245
Recast the lead with one who isn't a twink fuccboi
>>
>>80780245
White Wally West
>>
>>80780245
They should leave Eobard for the second or third movie, first movie should have Grodd as the big bad or they can reinvent some of Flash's lesser enemies.

The Rogues should appear too but I dunno how they would do as the big bad, I guess I could see it but I wouldn't want for them to be full blown merciless killers or anything like that, the Rogues work best as blue collar criminals who just want to rob just for the sake of stealing, not doing shit like take over the world. I guess they could help the big bad until the end when they turn on him.
Thread replies: 125
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.