[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So. Was House of M good?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3
File: 51upWJjHqZL.jpg (42 KB, 325x500) Image search: [Google]
51upWJjHqZL.jpg
42 KB, 325x500
So.

Was House of M good?
>>
no more muggas
>>
>Apocalypse's Horsemen
>Iceman
>Angel
>Sabretooth
Only select few got their happy ending, most of characters got dicked over hard.
>>80778910
Bendis' finest moment.
>>
Yes, other than Wanda's characterization and a sloppy ending.

/co/ hates it though, because Bendis.
>>
>>80778885
It was except for >>80778910

When it was an idea for a self-contained story about Scarlet Witch's powers being out of control (NOT her being a villain) it was okay (and by self-contained I mean it changed the other Marvel books for a few months but then they went back to normal OR were changed if the writers wanted). Then Quesada decided he hated mutants.
>>
>>80779272
>Then Quesada decided he hated mutants.
And what he got? Most notable mugga that got depowered and stayed depowered is Jubilee. Everyone else got powers back somehow.
>>
>>80779324
Because it made no sense and all it did was cut off stories people could tell.
>>
>>80778885
It wasn't completely terrible. It just sort of exists and then suddenly "No more mutants" on the last few pages out of nowhere.
>>
If Chthon had been behind it, and Wanda got some exploration and development, it might have been good.
>>
Poor poor Parker
>>
>>80781122
The one with some of the best character moments in the event and most of them were after it was over and not in his book. His, rant to Pietro, him blowing up on the Avengers. It should be the top most fucked up things that's happened to Peter that's never acknowledged. It was his Man Who Has Everything moment and he willingly threw away his perfect life to fix the world and no one cared.

Hell, the What If? Where House of M Gwen shows up in 616 is fucked up too.
>>
>>80778885
I read it first during a /co/ storytime

I thought it was one big 'ol "meh." I don't think it existed except to say "Whoa, what if THIS was how it went..." which got really fan-wanky when we don't spend enough time with each character to really see that change. Like, what was Spidey's point in there, except to make him suffer more? Don't make sense.
>>
>>80781831
I haven't read that What If? I will keep an eye out.

What goes down?
>>
>>80783108
House of M suddenly appears in 616. But this is when Peter is with MJ so he's out on awkward situation between them. Gwen has to adjust to her world being a lie and her son no longer existing and the fact that she's dead, worse than dead her version technically never was meant to exist. Tragedy ensues.
>>
>>80779395
Eh. It's not like we'd get any stories with those random wallpaper depowered muties, anyway. But it did stuck us with EXTINCTION 4 EVER story.
>>
>>80783515
Wasn't that story where reality is basically collapsing?
>>
>>80778885
Too much Wolverine.

Rules aren't always clear. Was Mystique's dream being Wolverine's bitch whose dream is to become Nick Fury? So was Rogue's?
>>
>>80784022
Why should the FF whish to be be dead and Doom have a family?
Why there was a girl able to bring back everyone's memory?
What happend to that girl?
Why wasn't Vision married to Wanda? (Wait, was he still dead?)
>>
>>80784351
>Why there was a girl able to bring back everyone's memory?

Because she was a MacGuffin

> What happend to that girl?
She was a major character in Peter David's X-Factor. She ended up stuck in Bishop's future and when she got back she was older. At the end of the series she and Multiple Man get married
>>
>>80784351
>Why should the FF whish to be be dead and Doom have a family?
I don't think they were at Genosha so they didn't get their 'greatest wish', only the people who were there got that.
>Why there was a girl able to bring back everyone's memory?
That was her mutant power/macguffin
>What happend to that girl?
She showed up in PAD's X-Factor which was fantastic and you should read it.
>Why wasn't Vision married to Wanda? (Wait, was he still dead?)
Pretty sure he was dead. He was gone for a long time.
>>
File: 605.jpg (69 KB, 581x542) Image search: [Google]
605.jpg
69 KB, 581x542
>>80784457
>>80784520
I had the feeling she was there just to fix everyone's memory. What an oddly specific power (or maybe her power is to remove mind control?)
>>80784520
But then why Doom got his "whish" (sort of)
>>
>>80784520
> No Vision
> No Django
> No Marya
> No Bova

Its like it was written by someone who is ignorant of Wanda's history.
>>
>>80778933
MORE
>>
>>80778885
not really
>>
File: dog-eyebrows.png (379 KB, 533x533) Image search: [Google]
dog-eyebrows.png
379 KB, 533x533
>>80781122
>peter has a perfect life
>suddenly green goblin is ruining his life
>it turns out peter was the green goblin

That really says something about him.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.