[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Would it benefit if each book was isolated to its own world.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: Earth-planets-NASA-ESA-etc.jpg (174 KB, 864x666) Image search: [Google]
Earth-planets-NASA-ESA-etc.jpg
174 KB, 864x666
Would it benefit if each book was isolated to its own world. for example Superman's book be its own earth and batman can still appear in his book but he would be the batman from the Supermans earth not connected to the Batman from his book. They could do this across the board that way each book is its own story and does not become convoluted with story's of the whole world. Even to the point of Justice League would be self contained and that is were your big events could happen.You could even kill a character and it would not effect his own title.
>>
What purpose could this possibly serve?
>>
>>80772398
Do you not understand how goddamn confusing that actually was when they tried to do it...

AND THEN PROCEEDED TO HAVE ONE OF THE BIGGEST EVENTS IN THEIR HISTORY TO UNDO ALL THAT MULTIPLE EARTH SHIT

AND THEN TWENTY YEARS LATER UNDO IT IN THE MOST ASS WAY POSSIBLE

God dammit I'm so tired.
>>
Idea that they all need to appear together is absurd to begin with. You toss in all the shit, magic, aliens, pulp science fiction, social science fiction of X-Men and it's just bullshit mix of themes and nonsense.
>>
It would not have worked for 80 years if they did that. Than god you're not in any important position.
>>
>>80772398
Literally just go read manga.
>>
I feel like everything gets solved if you just have a big reference system for every writer you have on staff.

"Can I do this, lemme check, oop, they already did that, new idea"
>>
>>80772398

It would benefit if they shrank the shared Universe to not more than 10 Major Protagaonsists, even fewer would be better. You can have all your major crossover/Team ups/I with them. Each MC solo book should have a planned limited amount of issues/volumes like seasons and episodes in a TV series

All other new MC should be in their stand alone Universes and must follow the same limited episodes/seasons model

This will become easy to create by comic book publishers and also easy to follow by any reader and not just by decades old readers
>>
>>80772398
DC do that anyway. Every comic basically is it's own isolated world.
>>
>>80772561
Or people can just write what they want without worrying about some autist chimping out about canon.
>>
>>80772739
Bendis plz leave
>>
>>80772398
>>80772481
>>80772561
>>80772564
>I don't read comics but I have very strong opinions about what they should be
>>
>>80772739
I think the word you were looking for is continuity.
>>
>>80772751
Bendis ignoring continuity he doesn't want to use is fine. The problem is he replaces it with garbage and takes a shit all over anybody who liked it the old way, and then he takes characters other writers are still using and fucks them up.

Wouldn't things be better if writers were allowed to just ignore Bendis' goddamn retarded writing instead of having to bend over backwards to undo it?
>>
>>80772808
I think a competent Editor in Chief would prevent the first event entirely, so that the rest of that doesn't happen. But guess what ain't happening.
>>
>>80772447
>52
>The most ass way possible
No
>>
What if comics never did crossovers? Like not even Justice League or Avengers.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.