[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: Unpopular Opinions Grant Morrison's Batman is shit
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 2
File: AC237a.jpg (375 KB, 500x771) Image search: [Google]
AC237a.jpg
375 KB, 500x771
ITT: Unpopular Opinions

Grant Morrison's Batman is shit
>>
Some things are cool, others are crap. Morrison has strengthened a lot the concept of the "Bat God" capable of everything, also of creating backup personalities which is funny, but frankly over the top.

Still, I'll always be grateful for Dick Batman and Best Robin Damian.
>>
The "Batman never killing" rule is retarded because it implies that killing the Joker would be too edgy, even though we regularly see him murder people, eat their remains, boil their children, rape crippled women, and much worse.
>>
Grant Morrison's Batman is the definitive run.
>>
>>80772247
I agree. Some of his worst work.
>>
I'm reading DC One Million right now and I think it's just average, I'm a huge Morrison fanboy.
>>
>>80772247
>dumb opinion

Ficed for you pleb
>>
>>80772627
What is wrong with you?
>>
Aside of billions of hands of Darkseid, Final Crisis is waste of ink.
>>
>>80772533
Pleb
>>
>>80772640
Well fuxk you too buddy
>>
>>80772746
What are you going to say Englehart or Adams?
>>
>>80772812
Grant Morrison's Batman run is only definitive if it's your first Batman comic. Morrison's run isn't really a Batman story, it's a Morrison story featuring Batman characters if that makes any sense, don't get me wrong I think his Superman stuff is great, but I also wasn't reading Superman for twenty years before he wrote it.
>>
>>80772627
I feel the same way about his JLA. Never got to even finishing it.
>>
>>80772930
It's crazy how wrong you are. As someone who got roughly 80% of his historical allusions on the first go around, if you think Morrison didn't have the best grasp of what Batman is from his surface to his core than you don't know the character as well as you think you do.
>>
Morrison's everything-is-canon was bullshit because of the needlessly added edge to all the Golden-Silver-Bronze Age stories.
>inb4 pictures of Batman killing in the 30s
That was for a very, very short period in his history.
>>
>>80772930
You're so wrong I actually physically hurt myself reading your post.
>>
>>80772982
Gold and Silver age Batman was shit too
>>
grant morrison
>>
>>80772977
It's the best JL book ever.
>>
>>80773016
Is this supposed to be an argument?
>>
The ending sucked too.
>my meta
>thatdoesntmakeitgood.jpg
>>
morrison is a decent writer but his fans are insufferable
>>
>>80773036
Okay. I don't think it's bad just not ym thing. I can't get into it. And this is an upouplar opinion thread
>>
>>80773083
That's not an unpopular opinion
>>
>>80772247
Final Countdown and Return of BW are shit.

Batdick + Damian were fun.

Morrison's Jason Todd was utter shit.
>>
>>80773083
How's that view from the fencepost treating ya?
>>
>>80773036
There isn't much competition.
>>
>>80773221
I can see better than I could with my head up morrison's ass
>>
>>80773419
I somehow doubt that.
>>
>>80773036
Giffen and DeMatteis' JLI was better.
>>
Redeemed, tortured soul Jason is trash in all forms, I preffer Red Pill Jason at this point.

I hate that god damn silver streak that makes him look like some dumb OC, at least the red hair seperated him without him looking like a special snowflake
>>
>>80772247
100% agreed. RIP was garbage.
>>
Oh the irony
>>
>>80772247
>grant morrison is shit
>unpopular opinion
>>
>>80772627
I feel the same about his new x-men. Overrated garbage
>>
>>80772247
Did you read battle for the cowl and life after death after RIP? If not shut the fuck up.
>>
>>80774028
>hatereading
every single fucking TIME
>>
>>80772812
Obviously O'Neil/Adams, half of Morrison's shit comes from there
>>
>>80774049
Literally what
>>
>>80772486
That's the fault of the courts, not Batman.
>>
>>80773243
>I don't read Justice League comics
>>
>>80773007
A very short period where he was just a Shadow knockoff.
>>
>>80774064
Undeniably great but still confined by the trappings of the time period/genre.
>>
>>80772486
>rape crippled women
ITT shit that never happened?
Alan Moore even said Joker never raped barbara and only took degrading pictures.
>>
He had a decent run but he suffers from overly high bat god writing.

Also, I really think Damian was his self insert mary sue character.
>>
File: FRANK THE TANK.jpg (256 KB, 970x545) Image search: [Google]
FRANK THE TANK.jpg
256 KB, 970x545
Frank Miller's art is better now than it's ever been.

I know about the left leg in pic related. I don't care. It's still mind-blowingly sweet art if you ask me.
>>
>>80774507

Its not going for realism artwise. I dont mind. Compare with DCAU chin and torpedo tits.
>>
Ultimate Spider-Man was always a shitty book with awful pacing, dialogue, absolutely forgettable incarnations of villains, ignoring/forgetting its own plotlines and bad/anticlimactic execution of plotlines it doesn't forget about and making up shit on the fly with no foreshadowing whatsoever.

People only remember it fondly because they grew up with it.
>>
Morrison tried to salvage what had become a shit-tier character.

If he would have had his way Bruce would be gone and in his place DickBats and GrimRobin for the next decade at least. It would've been the logical progression of the Batfamily. Can't blame Morrison for trying to advance the batplot.

In the end DC wanted to keep the same ol' steaming trash pile of a story it's had for almost three quarters of a century.
>>
>>80776189
>DickBats and GrimRobin
The point is he want to push Talia as a supervillian and get out of her Bond's girl image and it's not work without Bruce as a Batman.

She end up as a petty villian though, he really miss it with Talia.
>>
>>80774236
If you went in expecting anything other than Batgod I really don't know what to tell you
>>
>>80773011
Do Morrisonfags ever actually defend his tripe or do they just plug their ears and shout "NUH UH" until it goes away?
Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.