[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Which is worse? Comics catering to speculators, or comics catering
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 1
File: Comb15032016060615.jpg (277 KB, 885x683) Image search: [Google]
Comb15032016060615.jpg
277 KB, 885x683
Which is worse? Comics catering to speculators, or comics catering to social justice warriors?
>>
>>80771257
Aren't they effectively the same?
>>
>>80771257
That SG art makes me want to vomit. So the one directed at that.
>>
>>80771663
That's cronyism for you.
>>
>>80771667
Has comic books ever not been about cronyism?
>>
Comics about catering businesses. They're the fucking worst.
>>
>>80771672
Hey, I don't mind it if I get good comic. But in this case I hate it.
>>
Comics not catering to me.
>>
>>80771672
true, but most of the time the cronies at least have some talent
>>
>>80771273
What earth are u living on?
>>
>>80771685
>hating Fat Chefs
>hating Lunar Patrol Café
>hating Onion on the Griddle
Fuck you. LPC's whole stratified psychic society is straight out of Philip K. Dick, and that scene with the mute and the telepath learning to use the fryer is one of my favourite comic book spreads ever.
>>
>>80771699
>Comics not catering to me.
This is this thread in a nutshell.
>>
>>80771257
Comics designed to make fans angry

If fans get angry because something that makes sense, but was unfortunate happens, that's one thing
If you search to make fans angry by pushing plot through via character stupidity, that's another
>>
>>80771257
Is fan entitlement a thing? Because it always seems like SJWs think they're entitled to how the books and industry should go.
>>
>>80771996
Those bitches. Comic book fans are never ever supposed to feel entitled and complain that comics aren't catering to them.
>>
>>80772190
Complaining about bad comics is one thing, and coming into the hobby because it's the flavor of the month, and then demanding the standards of the medium be changed because it hurts your fragile feelings is another
>>
>>80771257
Objectively, the speculator catering is the worst, since it almost killed comic books. and the SJW comics are actually bring more buyers.

subjectively however, SJW comics, since it actively ruins characters on purpose just to push an agenda, while the speculator comics would just ruin comics by accident.

Ones a train wreck, and the other is the conductor light the train on fire and somehow getting more people on it
>>
>>80772190
It's almost like comic book fans are the majority of comic book consumers. I guess it would be crazy to make them happy right? Fuck off, Boco. From now on you are all Boco to me.
>>
>>80771257
One of those lead to a massive crash in the entire industry.

The other lead to a handful of shitty books that mostly sell badly and creators acting like morons on the internet.

Hmmmm, I wonder which is worse.
>>
>>80771257

Finally the X-men are fighting the real enemy.
>>
>>80771273
Yep.

Comics that get big sales on their #1's, then drop off dramatically.

I'd argue that ones that cater to SJWs are worse because they insist on being self-righteous about it.
>>
>>80771257

SJWs. Least speculators will buy the product.
>>
>>80771257
Speculators, definitely.
>>
>>80773570
kek
>>
I hate SJWs but love Squirrel Girl. She's always been about pissing off comic book autists, and she's still going strong.
>>
>>80771996
So do faggots like us.
>>
>>80773709
> he thinks making fun of retarded comic book logic and superhero themes is the same as having a hideous art style, design, and writing

how do you remember to breathe?
>>
>>80773441
>since it almost killed comic books
dratz. all my plans for naught
>>
>>80773627
They buy the product but they crashed the market.
>>
>>80774056
No The industry crashed the market by catering to a crazy minority. Retailers didn't help either. Blaming consumers who actually put money into the system is just the industry covering its collective ass.
I mean just think about it- the group that put all in the money bears the blame for all the money running out. Haha no.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.