[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Has he ever been outdone?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4
File: Green_Goblin_I_movie_h1.jpg (76 KB, 600x338) Image search: [Google]
Green_Goblin_I_movie_h1.jpg
76 KB, 600x338
"You've spun your last web, Spider-Man."

"Follow the cold shiver running down your spine. "

"FINISH IT! "

"The HEART Osborn! First, we attack his heart! "

"We'll meet again, Spider-Man! "

" I chose my path, you chose the way of the hero. And they found you amusing for a while, the people of this city."

"Godspeed, Spider-Man "

"Out, AM I!"

"We are who we choose to be... now, *choose*! "

"You're pathetically predictable, like a moth to the flame. What about my generous proposal? Are you in or are you out?"

"Back to formula?"

Has any other film portrayal of a comic villain been done better dialogue wise or dialogue delivery wise?
>>
>>80759163
Is it weird to feel that the Goblin suit was genius in one aspect? That being you can see Dafoe's eyes and faintly see his teeth through the mask?
>>
You're the one who's in gobby...
>>
>>80759163
SM1 has never been outdone altogether.
>>
Really these lines only work because of Defoe's delivery. Best villain is best.
>>
>>80759163
IT'S YOU THAT'S OUT
OUT OF YOUR MIND
>>
>We are who we choose to be! NOW CHOOSE!
>>
IMPRESSIVE
>>
>>80759324
I'll be honest. i go back and watch that movie every few years or so. Like most cape movies.

Since the last time ive watched this movie the goblin suit I previously hated has grown on me a bit.

And yeah the fact that you get Dafoes eyes really works well for that scene. And when the lenses are obscuring them it still looks pretty ghoulish in moments like when he blows up Aunt Mays bedroom.
>>
>>80759512
SM2 outdid it
>>
>>80759776
SM2 didn't have enough Norman.
>>
Hmm... yeah, I'd say he's still tops.

Nice mix of camp and terror. Serious and silly.
>>
>>80759163
Never rub another man;s rhubarb

Where does he get those wonderful toys

Have you ever danced with the devil in the pale moonlight
>>
File: 1457931718084.png (109 KB, 1366x612) Image search: [Google]
1457931718084.png
109 KB, 1366x612
Eh, I dont know, this guy was kind of spooky
>>
>>80759163
Dafoe is fucking incredible in that movie. Literally the only thing preventing him from being the perfect Goblin is the lack of a latex mask, he's creepy as hell with just his eyes and mouth visible, if you saw his whole face grinning and contorting it would've be the stuff of nightmares. Green Goblin's always talked up as terrifying in the comics in universe and I've never really been able to take the costume seriously enough to see that. Dafoe made that real for me, and he did it with a huge handicap too. Not even the constant /tv/ shitposting has diminished that.
>>
>>80760211
Ditkovitch should have gotten the alien suit in SM3 instead of Brock.
>>
>>80759338
>You're the one who's in gobby...
>... for you!
>>
>>80760513

And Peter wins by hitting him with a door.
>>
>>80759163

His performance was great. Too bad it was hidden behind such a stupid suit.
>>
File: pizza-man.jpg (26 KB, 500x509) Image search: [Google]
pizza-man.jpg
26 KB, 500x509
>>
>>80760513
>Yes Man of Spiders, we are Venom now. Fancy space goo make Ditovitch better, stronger than you now. We stick to wall like beef goulash. No rent shall escape us.
>>
File: dafoe-osborne.jpg (2 KB, 160x90) Image search: [Google]
dafoe-osborne.jpg
2 KB, 160x90
YOU KNOW HOW MUCH I SACRIFICED!
>>
>>80760869
As a kid I was perplexed by the "broom her fast" line. I couldnt help but think of Harry hitting her with a broom until she left
>>
That entire movie is full of quotable lines

BONESAW IS READYYYY

That's a cute outfit, did your husband give it to you?

SHAZAM/GO WEB GO

NO ONE SAYS NO TO ME

We're practically brothers, you and I!
Brothers, huh? Well then I'm telling mom!
>>
One thing that has always triggered my autism was the fuck up he did when he was trying to turn Spidey to the dark side. I forget the exact words but it went like:
>The only thing people love more than seeing a hero succeed, is seeing them fail FALL!
>>
>>80760623
>FIX THIS DAMN DOOR
>The suit just melts away, completely emasculated.

>>80760742
>We stick to wall like beef goulash.
>>
>>80759163
That jumpscare when Harry found Norman passed out scared the shit out of me when I first saw the movie.
>>
>>80761133

You, me, and everyone in the theater.
>>
Really sad that Tom Hardy didn't get something better than Bane to work with.

If you've watched him in Bronson he is amazing at doing an expressive and insane character with all sorts of different facets.
>>
>>80760933
>We're practically brothers, you and I!
>Brothers, huh? Well then I'm telling mom!

Huh?
>>
>>80761385
It's a dialogue exchange between Spidey and Goblin from the SM1 video game. I don't remember it being in the movie.
>>
>>80761570
The game was fucking awesome.
>Lets find more people to play with shall we?
>>
>>80761820
>I've been burning bridges all day...
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.