[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm excited about this show, but every bit of information
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (328 KB, 1233x1920) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
328 KB, 1233x1920
I'm excited about this show, but every bit of information that comes out about it makes me feel nervous.

Just thinking about how awkward the press junket for this show could be, is making me feel really cringy.

What do I need to get Hype, again? Oh, and what are your hopes and fears about the up and coming Iron Fist TV show, /co/?
>>
I looked at the Iron Fist hashtag on Twitter earlier today and found nobody complaining about race. It seems all of that has died down significantly.
>>
>>80747693
>I'm excited about this show
Stop.
Scott Buck will only hurt you like he hurt me. Watch the show with the low expectations. If by any miracle it will be good, you will like it more that way, so being sceptical about things is not that bad,
>>
I'm mostly nervous about fight choreography
wire fighting a shit
>>
>>80748141
Iron Fist is literally the perfect franchise to do wire fighting with, I don't know why you have such shit taste
>>
>>80747954
Maybe I want to be disappointed
>>
>>80748141
Brett Chan who choreographed Marco Polo has been booked for Iron Fist.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Kb2WaTSIm_c

Get excited.
>>
>>80748210
because it looks stupid
it's the most shit tier effect there is, because it's not even convincing. Even though you can't see the wire, the way they move you can clearly still tell they are being held up by wires
>>
>>80748210
Wire fighting is shit, pleb. Just get good people to handle the fight choreography.
>>
>>80748434
that floppy pressure pointy shit is exactly what I'm afraid of
should be more like this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PfGTVNCThO4

shame they are wasting this guy on dr.strange
>>
>>80747954
Maybe he can redeem himself in your and other people's eyes.
>>
>>80747711
Just saw the io9 article get brought up recently and I started fuming. It was fucking ridiculous.
>>
>>80748763
yeah but every once in a while his fist goes all firey and he punches a dude across the room
also he's not so skilled and gets beat up on all the time
>>
>>80748985
I saw that, but honestly things like that have considerably calmed down, and most people in the comments were strongly disagreeing with the article.

What tore me up the most about the article was how it slammed people calling it a lose/lose situation and said "people only want him to be white because he's white in the comics" while ignoring the very glaring issue that making him Asian would just adhere to a stereotype that all Asians are martial artists.

I am fine with changing Danny's race, but I seriously don't understand why people ONLY wanted him to be Asian and not another woefully underrepresented minority in the MCU like Latinos or Indians.
>>
File: image.jpg (163 KB, 1535x243) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
163 KB, 1535x243
>>80749216
He also implied those who disagreed with him were racists. Why do people like him have to constantly make everything so black and white? His character comments explicitly/implicitly about "White Privilege". You would have thought people like Rob (who routinely talk sbout these topics) would be all over that, but nope.

It started, because of an article posted to "Nerd of Color" about making him Asian-American. IIRC the writer didnt even care about Iron Fist or his character, he just wanted to see someone like him in the MCU. Not an exactly unfair request, except the character in question is more a kin to an American-Asian, than Asian-American. You would have to change him from the ground up and what he represents for that to happen. His article was very one-sided, with a myriad of caveats and contexts completely missed out. It you haven't noticed people have attached the labels "Mighty Whitey", "White Savior", and "Cultural Appropriator" on him, which aren't quite correct, if at all. They stemmed from this article. Is it any surprise they think him being AA is better than the alternative? That article then got spread by other people, which created a chain-reaction of more articles with this erroneous information being spread. Some people stumbling across this have honest to got thought Danny is Chinese.

And, Danny race actually does matter.
>see pic related.
>>
>>80749818
>>80749216
Also, forgot to mention there was a twitter hashtag to go with it.
>>
They want you to be nervous. Marvel, entertainment news, bloggers... Controversy creates publicity. People are talking about Iron Fist, examining his origins, arguing about it, writing articles, arguing about those articles... Merely by acknowledging the controversy you're drawing attention to both the show, and those that benefit from being controversial (is bloggers)

When at the end of the day it's all pretty futile. Just let it be, wait for it to come out, and try to enjoy it.
>>
>>80750504
I just wish it wasn't everywhere. It feels like it's everywhere. I wanna get hype and excited about his show, go to Iron Fist hubs and even the most peaceful thread can descend into "race-wank". Every time I steer away from it, it just gets dumped back in my face.
>>
>>80750504
But, yeah I wish people would just /wait/. Wait and see (but, outrage culture doesn't denote that.) I'm still happy that it's coming and I'm really looking forward to the Luke Cage/Danny Rand interactions.
>>
>>80748763
I'm glad that guy isn't Danny Rand.
>>
>>80752316
porkwhy?
>>
>>80752679
His skills as a fighter are inversely proportional to his acting abilities.
>>
WILL WE SEE THE DRAGON?
>>
>>80747693
Hes kinda hot
>>
>>80754756
Who Finn? He does nothing for me, although I think when I see him in the role that might change.
>>
Whoa, there are so many variant covers for ANAD Powerman and Iron Fist! Is this a record?
>>
I'm super excited about the prospects of how autistic they'll get with the martial arts accuracy. I don't want it to feel like 70s Hong Kong movies or any wire shit. The difference is like the two Russian gangsters in Daredevil. The blond one with the funny face actually spoke Russian while the other dude that Fisk killed was butchering it. I want legit kung fu, not something that they'll be able to pass off because non-martial artists won't be able to tell the difference.
>>
>>80756519
I think Brett Chan is a legit martial artist, so at least they'd have an expert there.
>>
>>80757432
That's good to hear. My favorite example is how they had a martial arts correspondent on Avatar: The Last Airbender and how all of the moves were drawn after the movements of the master. I dunno how different a live action show is from that, but I'm sure they could do something similar. In my opinion, if there was anything "distasteful" to be found in Iron Fist, it wouldn't be this race stuff, it'd be if the fight scenes were all Daredevil-style flashy street fighting.
>>
>>80757503
Well, Matt is more boxing/ninjutsu man. It would make sense if Danny's fighting style was more Eastern-focused. It should have more style and finesse. I'd imagine his movements to be a lot more fluid. There was some of that in Marco Polo, so I'd be surprised if the IF choreography didnt reflect that.
>>
How much of K'un-Lun do you reckon will be in the show?
>>
>>80761116
Probably similar amounts to either Matt's or Jessica's childhood.
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.