[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
‘Pennyworth’ Gets A TV Show Spin-Off From DC Comics?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3
From Lyin' Rich Johnston:

DC Comics has registered a trademark in the name ofPennyworthfor what seems to be a new TV series.

Is this a spin-off ofGotham, featuring Batman’sbutler Alfred Pennyworth played bySean Pertwee?

Could it be something to back up upcomingBatman V Supermanmovie, where he is played byJeremy Irons?
>>
>>80745644
Sounds like a stupid idea
But i also think that i'm just missing something that could make an alfred show amazing
So if it's real i'm curious to see what becomes of it
>>
>>80745644
>you will never see an Alfred movie, set in his SAS or MI6 days, fucking shit up in the 80s
>you will never see Jason Statham play Alfred
>>
>>80745644
He's not lying, he just used a clickbait title. Only news is that DC got a copyright for one of their popular characters last names.
>>
>>80745644
Honestly a show about Alred's past sounds far more interesting than Gotham's shitty premise.

Like, it could be about almost anything, while Gotham is just all about playing with the setup to something interesting where we know nothing meaningful can happen.

With that said I'm sure they'd just make it the same retarded shit and Alfred would just keep running into future Batman characters in a series of ridiculous coincidences
>>
While a show would be stupid it has some cool stuff it could do.
>>
>>80746017
You don't watch Gotham, do you?
>>
DC licenses everything so this wouldn't be surprising
>>
>>80745644
I think this is brilliant, but I'm also a huge Sean Pertwee fan so this is literally playing to my taste.
>>
>>80745644
Please god fucking no
>>
>>80745968
>>80746052
Mix those two and I want to watch it every day.
>>
>>80745644
A show centered around Alfred during his spy days would be fucking amazing.
>>
>>80745644
Bro, is your space key fucked up too? So ismine it's beensticking lately lmao
>>
>>80745937
Agreed
>>
Probably just means Alfred merchandise, Rich is speculating that it's TV show without any evidence.
>>
>>80745968
But anon, we saw plenty of movies with Alfred in his SAS/MI6 days.
He went by the codename James Bond, and was played by Sean Connery and later Roger Moore.
>>
>>80747676
I posted from a phone, and apparently BC has formatting that makes spaces disappear when copied.
>>
>>80750838
I want Pennyworth stories where he's like Bond in the Seventies and Eighties.
>>
>>80745644
considering they couldn't make Gotham into a show without becoming 99% just a Batman show I have doubts they can do anything with Alfred and not having it become the same thing.
>>
>>80747479
except it just becomes a show about all of Batman's villains showing up years before Batman
>>
File: gt.jpg (199 KB, 483x779) Image search: [Google]
gt.jpg
199 KB, 483x779
>>80745968
>an Alfred movie, set in his SAS or MI6 days, fucking shit up in the 80s
>>
Gotham Alfred is based but no thank you.
>>
>>80745644

Gotham is an awful spin-off as it is, struggling to stay relevant by introducing characters and events when they aren't meant to. You can say "alternate timeline/alternate universe" all you want, but that's just a poor excuse for a show that can't deliver the goods because at the end of the day, it's a Batman show with no Batman.
>>
>>80745644

Alfred was a medic in the British military and it'd be interesting to see what else he's been up to.

So it's kind of weird but something that I can see being good.
>>
If DC is smart and learn from Agent Carter, probably not
>>
>>80745644
Daily reminder Alfred knocked up Sargent Rocks girlfriend.
>>
>>80758271
>ee being good.
>>>
> Anonymous 03/14/16(Mon)21:25:17 No.80758271▶
>If DC is smart and learn from Agent Carter, probably not

Agent carter is shit
>>
>>80758817
That's the point. No one wants a show about a side character
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.