[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>The Planet is blowing up, and the Leadership has been ineffective
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 126
Thread images: 10
File: Zod.png (135 KB, 225x261) Image search: [Google]
Zod.png
135 KB, 225x261
>The Planet is blowing up, and the Leadership has been ineffective
>Storm into the leaders' chambers, shoot one, and talk to Jor-El about purging bloodlines
>Don't talk about getting off the planet ASAP
>Don't just take the codex and a bunch of Kryptonians and high-tail it off planet in the best ship you can find
>Nah, let's just start a revolution, that's the best solution for the ensured survival of Krypton

>Oh no, you've utterly failed in your revolution, but due to the incompetence of your planet, your imprisonment has led to you having a sweet new ship, and being the only Kryptonians around, and after a little exploration, you've found a World Engine that can make you a new Krypton
>Don't just terraform some planet you found
>Don't give Faora the dick, and make a planet of your descendants, like you know is possible, because your buddy did it.
>Nah, let's just float in space for 30 years, getting old while we wait until we find Jor-El's kid with the codex, so we can do the same stupid genetic design that got our species fucked over in the first place.

>Wow, through a ridiculously stupid stroke of luck, Jor-El's idiot son has activated a signal to show you exactly what planet he's on.
>Don't try to strike up diplomatic relations with him or the planet
>Don't try to reach a mutually beneficial solution, so you can extract the codex, an build a new Krypton without causing unnecessary conflict.
>Nah let's just go "YOU ARE ONE OF MY CITIZENS, SURRENDER TO ME IN 24 HOURS OR WATCH YOUR WORLD BURN! LOOK AT THE PSYCHIC IMAGES OF SKULLS AND THE EARTH BEING DESTROYED! I'M GOING TO TEAR THE CODEX FROM YOUR LIFELESS CORPSE AND BUILD MY EMPIRE ON THE ASHES OF YOUR FARM AND NEEDLESSLY ANTAGONIZE YOUR MOTHER!"

Why was Zod such a fucking idiot?
>>
because david goyer is a shitty writer
>>
>>80741153

Because he's written by Goyer.
>>
>>80741153
>Why are you such a fucking idiot?
>>
>>80741186
>>80741188
I guess I'm still not quite over just how much of a retard almost everyone was in that movie, especially the Kryptonians. I mean, I know they had to show that Krypton failed, so Superman could be the "last son" but Jesus, they were the species embodiment of "too stupid to live"
>>
>>80741153
Goyer
>>
>>80741207
Go to bed Goyer.
>>
File: evil defeated.jpg (79 KB, 1920x800) Image search: [Google]
evil defeated.jpg
79 KB, 1920x800
>>80741186
>>80741188
>>80741225
So the sense I'm getting is that pretty much everyone is happy he's gone from the DCEU?
>>
>>80741186
>>80741188
This, I hope he never write a script ever again, he's only good as an idea guy.
>>
>>80741254
>happy
VERY Happy, mate. Let's hope Hack Snyder don't get high and try to write a script for his movie because that's gonna worse than Goyer.
>>
>>80741254
He's the Whedon of the DCU, of course everyone's happy.
>>
>>80741254
I don't think he's gone. When you see BvS and you notice little tidbits that are complete nonsense/shit, just remember the name "GOYER"
>>
>>80741298
It's okay, man. We've got Chris Terrio on script duty. I think things are going to be okay.
>>
>>80741309
I'm kind of keeping my expectations guarded because of that. I know Terrio was brought in for the rewrite, so some of the essence of Goyer will linger on in some form or another, I just know it.
>>
>>80741153
In universe explanation: he was genetically designed to be a soldier, not a diplomat or a scientist. All he knew was battle and survival. Plus you could argue that he became a bit unhinged, what with the planet exploding, years of isolation, etc.

Real world explanation: he was written by Goyer.
>>
>>80741219
The wanted a strong manic in Zodd for dupes to go up against, someone on a genocidal level that could be justifiably killed (in their minds). Unfortunately they made a violent, stupid bad guy.
>>
>>80741343
Is that why he was such a raging emo fuccboi?
>>
Holy shit just imagine if Terrio never rewrote the script and Goyer's was kept. I think /co/ would have the right to shit on this movie if that ever happened
>>
>>80741346
Nah, they wanted a villain who was fighting for something the viewer could understand, which would make his motivation make sense, as he was just fighting for Krypton. What they ended up doing instead was making a villain who, when you consider all angles, didn't even need to be a villain, because his mission isn't even something that would need to conflict with the hero's motivation, and only ended up in conflict with the hero because he doesn't do really obvious things like "Don't be a complete asshole right off the bat."
>>
>>80741372
I assume by "this movie" you mean Batman v Superman.
>>
>>80741471
Yes

>Goyer's BvS=Shit
>Terrio's BvS=Good
>>
Your first point fail to understand that Zod was built to secure Krypton continued existence. He wouldn't leave the planet by his choice.

Your second point fail to understand that they simple couldn't terraform any planet. They were searching for it and failing on and on again.

Your third point fail to understand that Zod was a xenophobic fuck with a that thought of Kal as a fucking abomination. He wanted to build a new Krypton for kryptonians only. Anything else was pure halal.

But hey, it's easier to blame David Goyer than your own lack of attention or critical thinking. This doesn't go just to OP, by the way.
>>
>>80741892
Go away Goyer
>>
Will we ever hear of the codex again?
>>
>>80741892
>Your second point fail to understand that they simple couldn't terraform any planet. They were searching for it and failing on and on again.
When were either of these things ever said
>>
>>80741892
>Your second point fail to understand that they simple couldn't terraform any planet. They were searching for it and failing on and on again.
I don't recall that ever happening
>>
>>80742233
Yeah, Zod explained it to Clark right after he said how Kryptonians manage to manipulate dreams and why they need genes from the dead tissue of a skull instead of normal genetic samples from living people
>>
File: zodlikespancakes.jpg (79 KB, 640x349) Image search: [Google]
zodlikespancakes.jpg
79 KB, 640x349
>>80741153

Why let the most dangerous criminals in to the Phantom Zone so they could survive and be a threat to innocent species over the universe, and not save yourselves or the best of your people.

Why was Krypton such an fucking idiot?
>>
>>80742233
>>80742273
>>80742312

Jor-El said it first and then Zod repeated later. Why do you guys think that all the Kryptonian outposts throughout the galaxy withered and died?
>>
>>80742329

Kryptonians didn't believed in capital punishment. Why do you think they had the Phantom Zone in the first place?
>>
Ted Elliot and Terry Rossio, the guys who wrote the Pirates of the C. scripts had a site explaining the scriptwriting process. Basically it's like riding a bucking bronco, anytime some highly paid nitwit actor or exec can waltz in, "suggest" a change, and you have to scramble and twist your way into incorporating it into the whole and make it look coherent.

Not surprising that 99% of movies aren't
>>
File: zod REALLY likes pancakes.jpg (68 KB, 640x349) Image search: [Google]
zod REALLY likes pancakes.jpg
68 KB, 640x349
>>80742329
>>
>>80742694
>>
File: Truly the dawn of capekino.png (427 KB, 640x349) Image search: [Google]
Truly the dawn of capekino.png
427 KB, 640x349
>>80742715
>>
>>80741153
>gets beat by a fucking scientist
>>
>>80741153
They needed to revolt in order to get ahold of the codex or whatever.
>>
>>80742419

I mean why would the leaders at least save themselves with the Phantom Zone, why condemn themselves to die and let monsters like Zod live.

In the original Superman movie, I believe the high council didn't believe Jor-El was right about the planet blowing up and in Superman the Animated Series, they were too arrogantly prideful to go into the Phantom Zone.

Understandable but there is no reason why in MOS they shouldn't use the Phantom Zone on themselves.
>>
>>80742803
The apparent ignorance of the council is even funnier when fans try to argue that Krypton was mirroring Plato's Repulic and thus all the leaders were illuminated and philosophers
>>
>>80741186
>because david goyer is a shitty writer
100% accurate.

what upset me even more is that all these issues could have been fixed with a small amount of effort. for example:
>>>Don't give Faora the dick, and make a planet of your descendants, like you know is possible, because your buddy did it.
in the very beginning, when zod found out about Jor-El's natural kid, he shouted HERESY! and looked horrified. simply expand on that: say the military caste has been indoctrinated to enforce the prohibition on natural birth. So much so that they are fanatics unable to change. (not giving Faora the D is especially unforgivable)

>Don't just take the codex and a bunch of Kryptonians and high-tail it off planet in the best ship you can find
>Nah, let's just start a revolution, that's the best solution for the ensured survival of Krypton
same thing. Zod is sworn to protect Krypton. he can't leave. he can't even want to leave.

>Don't try to strike up diplomatic relations with him or the planet
>Don't try to reach a mutually beneficial solution, so you can extract the codex, an build a new Krypton without causing unnecessary conflict.
once again, he's born and bred to be military. of course he's going to be like that. when you're a hammer, all problems look like a nail.

It's a simple explanation which explains most of the choices Zod makes -- he's so indoctrinated he literally can't think outside the box and change his approach. And it wasn't in the movie because Goyer fucking sucks. All it would have taken is a few small changes (add dialogue to Kal's chat with his "dad", alter Kal's chat with Zod so it isn't that stupid vision).
>>
>>80741254
bet your ass I am, now if he would just never write anything but rom-coms ever again I would be satisfied
>>
>>80741892
searching for what?

you're making the same points I made below. The difference is, I understand it's not the viewer's fault if he didn't get it. It's the writer's fault. If your audience doesn't understand important reasons why the villain did the things he did, you have failed as a writer.
>>
>>80742233
>>80742273
>>80742312
https://youtu.be/giM4Nn5Xc2M
>>
>>80742969
See>>80743014
>>
>>80741153

Cause DC can't do good villains
>>
>>80742904
The case could be made that these character traits were subtly shown with the little in the movie.

Doesn't excuse the rest of the terrible script/plot, however.
>>
>>80743014
There's nothing in the video showing Zod or anyone actively explaining why Earth was the only option, it's just random scenes about the subject with a text at the bottom going "surely X and Y must be the reasons why"

This is basically a Game Theory video
>Here's a bunch of random facts and scientific data from real life explaining why this fictional thing happened in a fictional world
>>
>>80742904

These things were in the movie. You just want them to explain it some more, in a movie where characters explained everything in baby terms.
>>
>>80743112

You can't build something out of nothing, the outposts died and so on. The information is there. You just don't want to think.
>>
>>80742329
They were a future society, who thought they were morally above the death sentence.
So they made the next best thing, the purgatory sentence.
>>
>>80743221
>the outposts died and so on.

Why they failed is left ambiguous and not directly connected to terraforming problems.

>The information is there.

Conveyed opaquely with ham-handed exposition, sure.

>You just don't want to think.

The old "you must be too dumb not to get it" argument.

FYI, within the logic of the film, Zodd chooses earth to terraform because he's a cunt. No more, no less.
>>
>>80743112
>WE ARE SEARCHING FOR KAL
>HE HAPPENS TO BE ON EARTH
>WHY NOT TRY TERRAFORMING EARTH WHILE WE'RE ON EARTH WHERE ALL OUR SHIP ARE HERE
Simple. And if you argue wanna about reasoning, why can't we reason with anyone in ISIS? Answer: They just can't be reason with, they just wanna bomb shit up like Kryptonians wanna build a new Krypton. a.k.a. (BRAINWASHED)
>>
>>80743221
>>80743390
>Why they failed is left ambiguous and not directly connected to terraforming problems.

This, that corpse they found was even wielding what looked like a gun, with the world engine just standing there. Did they die of starvation just waiting for things to happen? Did they find hostility on the planets? Did they have a source of energy and supplies from Krypton that was simply cut off when their race decided to give up space exploration?

Defenders of the movie simply find the most "reasonable" answer to questions like this, but the reality is that with the little information we're given from the movie any explanation could technically work. It ends up being just a matter of who's headcanon is superior
>>
>>80742803
Even better, they had no need of soldiers according to the movie.

Who were they fighting against? Other races with inhabitable planets to terraform?
>>
>>80741254
I'm happy he's gone but I think he pretty much salted the earth on his way out and noting is going to grow there for a generation.
>>
>Faora talking about evolution when she's literally the product of intelligent design
Actually I know this is taboo to ask but why does Faora even exist? If you were breeding a caste of super soldiers and didn't have to rely on physical procreation why would you make any women at all? Just make a bunch of Nam-Eks.
>>
>>80741153
>Don't just terraform some planet you found
How can you be so dumb?
>>
>>80743694

exactly.

this movie's logic is flawed.
>>
>>80741343
The writing excluded all of that, though. That's what was so fucking annoying. Zod had so many chances to be a complex yet still single minded and scary nemesis just like in SM2, but Goyer have him the most bare bones dialogue and almost no presence. For fucks sakes, they don't even explain the hulking mass Kryptonian that tag teamed Clark with Faora. Absolutely no explanation at all. Don't expect your audience to know Non, just fucking explain it.
>>
>>80742803
This is why the good tellings of Superman get the fuck off of Krypton as soon as possible. The more time you spend there the more the audience is going to question why they're so damn stupid that only ONE scientist was able to save ONE person.

Even us earthlings right now could manage to save a couple hundred
>>
>>80743895

>For fucks sakes, they don't even explain the hulking mass Kryptonian that tag teamed Clark with Faora.

Nam-Ek. You don't need to explain Nam-Ek, everybody knows him. He's just there as fanservice.
>>
>>80743694

Every totalitarian rule has soldiers.
>>
>>80743496
My theory is that the Green Lanterns were secretly killing of Kryptonian colonies because who the fuck wants a bunch of Supermen flying around?
>>
>>80743938
Soldiers that
1. Only seem to exist to cause a coup, the very thing they're there to stop
2. Can't beat a random scientist.
3. Don't remember the basics of CQC.
>>
File: 1457150285520.png (44 KB, 182x146) Image search: [Google]
1457150285520.png
44 KB, 182x146
>>80741892
>halal
I think you mean haram
>>
>>80743975

The random scientist was the best friend of the leader and spent years fighting his programming and preparing himself for that day.
>>
>>80743390
>Why they failed is left ambiguous and not directly connected to terraforming problems.

I just had the best idea. What if the scout ship that arrived on earth didn't fail. And all humans are actual kryptonians?
>>
>>80743975

The coup was destroyed by other soldiers. Only Zod's loyalists followed him.
>>
>>80744007
>The random scientist was the best friend of the leader and spent years fighting his programming and preparing himself for that day.
Except all of Zods stupid behavior is justified by "he's indoctrinated by his caste programming". The same programming that Jor-El is supposedly subject to but NEVER seems to fall into for some reason; (hint: because the movie needed to have it both ways. otherwise it doesn't work at all instead of just not really).

If Jor-El can fight his programming to become the alien version of Doc Savage, why can't Zod fight HIS programming to become a diplomat, or fuck, even just lie to Clark and say Earth will be fine?

>>80744023
>Let's breed a (supposedly) powerful warrior caste and not program their complete and utter loyalty to the ruling class; just to their commanding officer.
They should've just gone with robots.

I get it though. I really do. Goyer wanted to do what Byrnes did. Except he's not as good a writer and didn't do it for the same reasons, so he so he failed spectacularly.
>>
>>80744132

>The same programming that Jor-El is supposedly subject to but NEVER seems to fall into for some reason; (hint: because the movie needed to have it both ways. otherwise it doesn't work at all instead of just not really).

Because he's a goddamn scientist and learned that the planet was dying. Because being a scientist is different than being a mere soldier.
>>
>>80744132

>Let's breed a (supposedly) powerful warrior caste and not program their complete and utter loyalty to the ruling class; just to their commanding officer.

Why are you assuming that all of Zod's soldiers followed him?

Be honest, anon. You're just searching for reasons to hate the movie.
>>
>>80744013
That would make an ending very similar to Superman Red Son
>>
>>80741153
I still want to know why Jor-el risked his life to get the codex, just to inject it into his child. He had a natural birth because he believed the genesis chambers were wrong, so it couldn't be for any genetic modification because that would completely defeat the point of a natural birth.
Kal never knew he had the thing in him and really seems to serve no purpose.
>>
>>80741153
Why would they terraform Earth when Earth's atmosphere + our Sun turned them into demigods?
>>
>>80744185
>>80744213
Is it really so hard to accept the thought that, maybe, JUST MAYBE, the whole "genetic programmed cast system" thing wasn't thought all the way through? You could remove it from the movie entirely and it wouldn't actually hurt the story at all.

Because as it stands we have Jor-El going "Clark you're special because you're not subject to our programming. Except you actually are subject to it according to the director. And I'm not because I trained myself not to be. No one else can train themselves not to be though, so you lucked out. Even though you actually didn't."

The whole point of this angle in the book of the same name was so that Clark could be born on Earth and it'd emphasize his humanity and ties to above all else. This movie throws it in as window dressing and then completely disregards all the implications of it.

>But Zod is motivated by the Codex
He didn't even have to be. Just have it be pure revenge against Jor-El. The codex stuff is so tacked on that I'm almost positive that's what his motivation was at one point.

>>80744213
>Be honest, anon. You're just searching for reasons to hate the movie.
No, I've got plenty of reasons already that have nothing to do with this. We just never get to talk about how stupid this in particular is.
>>
>>80741153
>I will find that baby!
>I will find that baby and I will murder that baby!
>That baby will die!
>and then Goyer cut off his own hands knowing that no man would ever write such a subtle villain again
>>
>>80744288
Because he as powerful as superman is, he can't procreate alone
And with the codex he could create all the kryptonian bloodlines
>>
>>80744288
The codex is what's known in scriptwriting as a MacGuffin. It's a plot device that exists only so that a character (namely Zod) has something to search and fight for.

Here's a brain twister for you though. The Codex, as it's explained to us, has all the potential Krpytonian job classes on it. It's then atomized and engraved onto Clark's cells. So is it possible that Clark's natural birth advantage is actually bullshit and that his (supposed )limitless potential is actually due to him having a debug code in the form of the codex that allows him all the job classes?

Because logically even if he's a natural birth, he was born to two science genomes who themselves were children of the science genomes. Why would that randomize his job class?

>>80744289
Because Zod is actually a sweaty neckbeard that spent the entire movie going "NOT MUH KRYPTON" whenever anyone suggested he do something other than follow his script.
>>
>>80744313

>Because as it stands we have Jor-El going "Clark you're special because you're not subject to our programming. Except you actually are subject to it according to the director. And I'm not because I trained myself not to be. No one else can train themselves not to be though, so you lucked out. Even though you actually didn't."

The fuck, man. You're not making any sense. Jor-El was a scientist, something that required him to think outside of the box. Why do you think he had influence with the Council? Learning that the planet would die and the Council wouldn't listen him would have changed him immensely.

Either way just because Jor-El fought his programming that doesn't mean that Zod SHOULD TOO. That's... i don't even. So just because someone changed his pal should too? Everybody should? That's not how people work. Jor-El wanted to change and did, Zod didn't. End of story.
>>
>>80744390
>The fuck, man. You're not making any sense. Jor-El was a scientist, something that required him to think outside of the box.
This is one of the other problems with the caste system. It's too narrow minded and literal.
Because, here's the thing, the military has scientists. In fact, the military is the body responsible for most scientific progress and innovations. Not to mention that, even if you're looking at just warfare, what happened to strategy? What happened to tactics? All that stuff requires critical thinking and yes, "thinking outside of the box". Because if military doctrine follows a script, that's a great way for your military to get fucked in the long run. There's a reason we're not still using the phalanx formation..

Zod's not a soldier. Zod's just dumb. Because the script needs him to be dumb.
>>
Jor-El was ready to doom all of Krypton, but after the birth of his child, something that hadn't happened in millennium in his culture and is a very profound thing he found a new appreciation for life. That's why he decided to save something from Krypton's society at the last minute.

Of course, none of this plainly stated, but is there really a need for it? Either way the Codex is just a fancy Bottled City of Kandor.
>>
>>80744351
>he can't procreate alone
>And with the codex he could create all the kryptonian bloodlines
That doesn't make any sense though
>Jor-el thought the bloodlines were a mistake
>He was completely fine with EVERY Kryptonian dying and not even trying to save any of them
>How the fuck would a baby know how to do any of that genetic shit on his own?
For the last one Jor-el has to assume
>Kal won't land in an empty section of the planet and die
>Be found by natives and not killed
>that Kal will wander the planet looking for an alien ship that Jor-el shouldn't even know is still functioning
>Then make Kryptonians for no damn reason
>>
>>80743049
Neither can Marvel. Except for the netflix shows
>>
>>80744574
HOPE anon. HOPE HOPE HOPITY HOPE.
Because symbolism! The movie is epic and deep!
>>
>>80744631
If neither of us can swim and you jump into the ocean, that doesn't make you any less dumb.
>>
>>80741219

Krypton has ALWAYS been the epitome of "too stupid/vain/assholeish to live." That's why it blows up!
>>
>>80744679
TAS managed to at least kind of work their way around this by making Brainiac partially responsible for it
>>
>>80744660
>y-you're dumb!!!
Retarded MCuckold
>>
Relevant
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ou0ozvnJumE
>>
>>80744822
I shoudl've figured someone would get fanny flustered at the use of personal pronouns. So let's try it without them:

Person A and Person B can't swim. Both of them are aware of this. Person A stands in the shallow kiddy end of the pool. The water only goes up to his waist. Person B jumps into the deep ocean where he will surely drown. Who is the smarter of the two, given that they both know the can't swim?
>>
>>80744739
and Jor-el wasn't a massive dick that wanted everyone on planet to just lie around and wait to die.
>There's no hope for us. I made a space ship out of scrap that can send a baby to a distant planet.
>smartest man on Krypton
>>
>>80741153

Thing is, why would Zod be a good villain anyway? Superman's scientist wiener dad beat his fucking ass on Krypton. He's not even a good fighter.
>>
>>80744885

Jor-El was just a radical liberal wanting to see all the socialists around him die.
>>
>>80744288
>>80744313
Superman is presented as a Jesus allegory to the Kryptonians, in the form of both the good shepherd and the redeemer. The Codex was needed to continue the existence of Kryptonians but the point of Kal-El was to show that the Codex wasn't a destiny nor was their caste. Kal-El was to build the shining city upon a hill. A more interesting thing that happened was Clark directly rejecting his role as Krypton's savior.
>>
>>80745517

That also ties to Moses guiding the Hebrews the their promised land.
>>
>>80745517
You're right in that he's a Jesus allegory and that's why Goyer felt the need to stick a bunch of extra shit in to give Clark a "special birth". In execution however all the intent behind the Codex has to be inferred and yes, runs counter to the characters as established.

Clark rejecting Krypton was a forgone conclusion. There were zero reasons for him to want it back. He has no memories of it and the only legacies of it bring him suffering and isolation.
>>
>>80744887
See maybe we didn't see the secret scenes where Jor-El was off fighting barbarians with the romans or something and snuck in some combat training

But he also got his ass whooped by a farm boy with next to zero combat training. I know there's that bit about him having absorbed the sunlight a good bit longer but its not like there were any scenes where we saw supes being objectively stronger and faster with Zodd having to rely on his supposed skills to keep up
>>
Why can't you live side by side with the humans instead of destroying their world and killing them all, Zod?

>AND SEE OUR CHILDREN GO THROUGH INCREDIBLE PAIN AND SUFFERING WHILE THEY ADAPT TO THE ENVIRONMENT? THAT PAIN AND SUFFERING I SHRUGGED OFF AFTER FIVE MINUTES?! MADNESS!

bravo, Goyer
>>
Zod's haircut was just the worst.
>>
>>80747016
And i thought they believed in survival of the fittest? lol
>>
>>80744574
Allow me to make the same arguments as you:
What you say makes no sense now anon
>>
>>80748742
>Fucking auto correct
What you say makes no sense anon
>>
>>80748742
His green text is part of his argument. He's not just going NO U.
>>
File: 1457965616767.jpg (344 KB, 854x1420) Image search: [Google]
1457965616767.jpg
344 KB, 854x1420
not really relevant to the conversation but still wanted to post this fresh OC
>>
>>80748789
His green text is what I wrote. You don't need to be an engineer to understand what I wrote
>>
>>80743049
Faora was more threatening and intimidating than anyone in the MCU.
>>
>>80748742
What problem do you have with the argument?
Jor-el gave Kal the codex in his blood. Why?
To rebuild Krypton?
He has to assume that Kal will manage to find the scout ship, that may not even be functioning, on some distant planet.
Then pull the codex out of his body
Then decide to start cloning Kryptonians

I don't even think this was ever explained in the movie.
>>
>>80748955
Thank you for that.
>>
>>80749648
Faora was a joke
>The fact that you're the hero of the story and we're mustache twirling villains gives us an evlutionary advantage
>And evlution always wins
Bitch, you're a genetically engineered supersoldier from a planet that abandoned natural selection for artificial, so why the fuck
1. Do you even know about evolution
2. Are you championing it if you're whole group is trying to get the codex instead of making more Kryptonians the old fashioned way and evolving through environmental and sexual selection
3. Does it matter whether or not you have an evolutionary advantage if you're never going to reproduce?
If Goyer thought a little more about what he was writing, he would have maybe taken a step back, and found another way to make her sound threatening, because making her unwittingly make a case for Superman and against herself undercut her completely.
>>
>>80744374
>Because Zod is actually a sweaty neckbeard that spent the entire movie going "NOT MUH KRYPTON" whenever anyone suggested he do something other than follow his script.
Thanks for making me realize Zod is basically Chris Chan.
>>
>>80752126
The writing was shit but the acting, delivery, and body language Antje Traue put into Faora was spot on.

That bitch would fucking kill you if you were in her way and she'd enjoy the millisecond it'd take to do it too. God she was fucking cool.

Also as much as Goyer sucks, maybe the point was that she was right...in the sense that Superman was superior after all, or something like that.
>>
File: faora smallville fight.webm (2 MB, 854x360) Image search: [Google]
faora smallville fight.webm
2 MB, 854x360
>>80752703
>>
>>80752703
>The writing was shit but the acting, delivery, and body language Antje Traue put into Faora was spot on.
She just gives you a boner, that's all.
>>
>>80752771
That's not fight choreography, so much as guys just waiting to be killed while girl throws them around in cartoony fashion.
>>
>>80753219
Well she was hot but the character was well-acted.

>>80753311
>Kryptonian vs. humans
Hmm, you don't say.
>>
>>80744885
The baby rocket's just a prototype. You can't build a fleet of FTL ships without a little thing called money.
>>
>>80743484
So your basically saying he's a shitty 2 dimensional villain then, which he is.
>I HATE YOU BABY OF MAN I HATE
>I WILL KILL YOU
>GOOD THINK YOU LANDED ON THIS PLANET, ITS MINE NOW BECAUSE FUCK YOU
>>
>>80753579
>without a little thing called money
Because the economy is a real concern when the planet is about to blow up.
>>
>>80741153
>spend years on a ship with a hot chick
>not balls deep inside her 24/7
If I was zod, we'd already have 2 generations worth of kryptonians by the time we've reached Earth
>>
>>80747016
I really hated that shit.
>Clark Kent, raised on earth took years of fucking mastery
>BUT NOT ZOD, HE JUST SHRUGS IT OFF OUT OF SHEER FORCE OF FUCKING WILL CAUSE HE'S SO GOOD
>>
>>80754159
>BUT NOT ZOD, HE JUST SHRUGS IT OFF OUT OF SHEER FORCE OF FUCKING WILL CAUSE HE'S SO GOOD
It's because he didn't train ON A FAAAAAARM???
>>
>>80753916

Thing is, as brazen this capslock stuff is, this is usually shorthand justification people use when Zod's motives are questioned.

MoS crumbles under scrutiny. The only thing the movie has going for it is the visuals. Like everything Synder has ever done. He doesn't tell stories well and has an amazing lack of subtly.

Okay, that Kryptonian chick is pretty hot. Admittedly.
>>
>>80754309
I will agree to that.
Also the fight scenes were fun if you don't question the probable death toll.
>>
>>80741153
Superman dies btw
>>
>>80754309
>He doesn't tell stories well and has an amazing lack of subtly.
It took me a while to realize the scene when he shows up in Metropolis to save Lois, and only Lois, that it actually ties in to him saving the bus when he was a kid.
>Catches Lois
>Makes out in ashes of downtown
>People stumbling out of the wreckage
>"He saved us"
Even though they have no way of knowing who he is or what he really did. They just see him, and assume he's great.

Also the ending pretty much cemented Superman as a secondary villain in the story.
>Superman suplexes a drone in front of a general's car
>threatens the general to stop spying on him and to deliver a message to Washington
>after getting rid of the only people and the only weapon that could stop him
>audience raises up from their seats
>"he saved us"
>>
>>80754504
This is making Superman sounds like Felicity.
>He's stronger then all of us.
>>
File: 1436142927272.jpg (700 KB, 960x3198) Image search: [Google]
1436142927272.jpg
700 KB, 960x3198
Thread replies: 126
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.