[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Kung Fu Panda 3
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1
File: kungfupanda3-600_size3.jpg (138 KB, 590x295) Image search: [Google]
kungfupanda3-600_size3.jpg
138 KB, 590x295
So it's finally out here. And I believe this movie is underrated among these parts.

I can see that it's not good as 2, but that shouldn't mean it's bad. I'd argue it's as good as 1, if not better.

I think the problem is that it's not very emotional (it has some emotional scenes but not as much as 2 and 1) and for some odd reason people think a cartoon that isn't emotional = bad. And that well, it's a bit "anime" in story structure, but I'd argue it's because it's how usual martial arts/progression is seen in Eastern storytelling, where the person eventually gains transcendence.

Some complaints I heard is that Po is "incompetent" again, which isn't true. He pretty much is strong and enduring, and the only threat to him was Kai, and even then he showed smarts for once. Some say the jokes are bad but I thought it was hilarious, especially some of the delivery like "There is so much wisdom I can't find what I'm looking for!"

And the movie is very Chinese in motif too. And people argue he "learned chi in 2", but he didn't.

I think the worse are shippers but lol shippers.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZptHC2MWUno
This was the best part.
>>
>>80740343
It's not bad. It's not good. It's mediocre. It had its moments like
>>80740370
but overall it was very forgettable.
>>
>>80740343
It is a good movie but 1 and 2 was amazing so ultimately it was a letdown. I expected much more. It seemed more like an episode from a series than a movie. The pandas were weak. The villain was boring. It was like Tai Lung except nobody knew him so he wasn't threatening.

Shame. After 2, I really hoped they can make it the perfect animated trilogy.
>>
>>80740428
Kai was amazing tho, your typical martial arts villain

he doesn't need to be deep, he just needs to be entertaining and able to keep your attention

>>80740408
how can it be forgettable when it had the amazing finger hold Gundam style, and the finale
>>
don't you know anon? it's zootopia flavor time

give it a few more months
>>
Super Kung-fu is absolute shit, in any long running martial arts series eventually someone starts glowing and its time to turn that shit off because they either become OMG SO FAST YOU CANT EVEN SEE THEM or they just fucking meditate at each other
>>
>>80740700
but what if the enemy has super kung fu too

and besides, it's not like it happened in the mortal realm
>>
It just aired at my country a week ago.

Have to say, a bit disappointed with it. Like others, it felt like a straight to home release than a good sequel in tier with the second one. I mean I'm a sucker for back stories but this one was just ehh. Even the super villain felt bland.
>>
>>80740980
Its still fucking gay perhaps even gayer, But Kai didn't know enlightened super kung fu he just used an effective form of tai chi he created based on panda techniques that made traditional kung fu useless gainst him.
I supsect based on how badly he got beat Po was the first super kung fu user to actually resist him.
>>
>>80741160
I'd argue Kai only got the upper hand because he absorbed other people's chi.

And Po didn't resist him, more like there were other people supporting him. In any case dragon warrior form is seen only in spirit world and the only thing they have in mortal world is chi healing wave.
>>
>>80741177
>
Kai perfected a technique that meant you couldn't get close to him without instantly dying even if you attack him as a group, not to mention a hundred years hunting and killing the great masters of kung fu who have themselves been training for hundreds of years he would be a near unstoppable threat even if he threw away the chi of other people right after he took it.

I think the support of the others and his own sacrifice only pushed him to the enlightenment he was told to seek at the end of the movie, and Kai is proof that at least some spirit world powers can translate to the real world (his chi theft works in both) also it can be argued that Oogway was enlightened and capable of feats of superkungfu since before the first movie.

I could also go into the paralizing techniques oogway tai lung and master sifu all use as another form of aggressive chi use but im not sure it counts.
>>
>>80741273
I'd argue paralyzing technique isn't chi, but TIME STOP Oogway is chi.

Kai's technique did originate from panda village so it has some precedence in the mortal world, it only was honed in the spirit world by absorbing other spirits
>>
>>80740343
I saw the movie last Friday on the 4th & I had the theater to myself while everyone else was watching Deadpool & Zootopia.

I thought the ending to this movie was actually fine. dreamworks should leave it the fuck alone already, but they won't because they want more money. I think the only way they will shelve this series once & for all is that Jack Black dies or something like that.

Eh, I really don't care, but I would still do tigress.
>>
>>80741342
According to oogways flashback he developed and first used that technique in the real world and it was the main reason oogway had to kill him.
>>
>>80741385
Yeah, which is my point, it is a mortal world technique.

>>80741366
I seriously hope so too.
>>
>>80741410
That was my point earlier, that kai was not a super kung fu user he just honed a mortal world technique.

As far as super kung fu in the real world, po manifests in his super form for a few seconds in the real world implying that the super form is possible in the real world if difficult to maintain.

Beyond that everything you have said is wrong and you should hate yourself for it.
I'm going to bed.
>>
>>80741479
what wrong, I was agreeing with you
>>
>>80741487
Thats not how it started you stated an opinion I disagreed, I wanted to argue and you smiled at me and agreed like some kind of asshole.

I wish people like you would die.

Burn in hell pacifist scum.
>>
>>80741502
You probably just misunderstood my post anon.
>>
>>80740343
>I'd argue it's as good as 1, if not better.
Lol not a fucking chance. The movie slid right down hill at the panda village where we were left with about a third of the movie being repeated humor of pandas being fat/lazy.
Kai was nothing but a generic bad guy but he couldn't even do that right since I could never take him seriously because he was always just interrupted as a joke.
And the ending was the worst. Complete asspull.
>>
>>80742110
I disagree on the grounds that while the panda village was shit, it still had moments there. And even then he did the teaching Shifu did to him.

And just because the guy can't be humorous doesn't mean he isn't threatening. And I wish generic bad guys were threatening like him. And you say this while you probably liked Tai Lung, a poor way of writing "he was good I promise!" crap.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.