[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: One of those "YOU HAVE TO THINK OF SOMETHING THEN CLICK
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3
File: Urduja.png (3 MB, 1238x1600) Image search: [Google]
Urduja.png
3 MB, 1238x1600
Think of your ethnicity/race/whatever that you most identify with or at least think is interesting.

Got it?

Good.

Show me the best candidate that that culture/race/ethnicity/nationality/etc has, whether fictional or historical, that can be bastardized into a Disney princess movie. Mulan-types (i.e. Joan of Arc or whatever) are acceptable if you can't think of any good actual princesses/
>>
Bumping for tomorrow.
>>
>>80739501
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Niños_Héroes

A bastardised version of los ninos heroes would piss me off to no ends.

Damn brave kids.
>>
>>80740128
Shits too grim for a Disney movie. You don't even have a time buffer like in Pocahontas to hand wave their youth to their depressing death because, you know, they died as kids. I think your heroes are safe anon.
>>
>>80739501
I'm so glad Kurdish people don't have anything Disney could ever bastardize. We've got nearly nothing to begin with, but of what we do have, it's "got sodomized, set fire to dude who sodomized, put him out before he died and forced him to live life as an unlovably ugly person with his sins written on his back" and "country got brutally murdered, killed everyone who murdered country. Brutally."
>>
>>80740256
http://www.kurdipedia.org/books/62110.PDF

First hit on Google. Sorry, Kurd, your asshole is just as big a target for the Disney dick as any other.

Also shame on you for shortchanging your people.
>>
>>80739501
Bump
>>
>>80739501
>Named after her flowing black hair, Black Agnes was married to Patrick Dunbar, 9th Earl of Dunbar and 2nd Earl of March and keeper of Dunbar Castle. Situated near Berwick in South-East Scotland, the castle was considered the key to Scotland and was the scene of many battles during the Scottish Wars of Independence. Edward III was determined to conquer Scotland and sent the Earl of Sailsbury to take Dunbar Castle. With Patrick away on military duties, William considered the castle easy pickings with only Agnes and a handful of men keeping guard.

>On 13th January 1338, Sailsbury presented himself and his army in front of the castle, demanding that Agnes surrender. To his suprise she refused and stayed in the castle, stating “Of Scotland’s King I haud my house, He pays me meat and fee, And I will keep my gude and house, While my house will keep me.” Sailsbury ordered his army to fire catapults loaded with lead and rocks at the castle walls. Lady Agnes responded by having her maids dress in their Sunday best; leading them to the outer walls, where with their handkerchiefs they nonchalantly and slightingly dusted away the damage from the bombardment.
>>
>>80742072
>>Sailsbury’s next attempt at taking the castle was by battering ram. Agnes gave the signal to her men as the ram approached, and they dropped over the castle wall a boulder captured on the earlier assault, smashing the battering ram and dispersing the English troops. Over the coming five months, Sailsbury attempted many methods to force Agnes to leave the castle, including forcing the occupants out by starvation. However, he knew nothing of the secret door, partly underwater, that lay off the unguarded rocky side of the castle. In the night, Sir Alexander Ramsay of Dalhousie arrived with men and supplies and delivered them through the concealed entrance. Salisbury was none too pleased when a few days later, Agnes sent him down a fresh loaf of bread and some fine wine. On 10 June 1338, Sailsbury was ordered to withdraw from Dunbar, leaving Agnes in sole possession of the castle.
>>
>>80739501
>white

A welfare princess
>>
>>80739501
>Blonde hair
Eva Braun?
>>
File: Brites de Almeida.jpg (23 KB, 208x320) Image search: [Google]
Brites de Almeida.jpg
23 KB, 208x320
>>80739501
Portuguese here.

In one of our many wars there was a baker-woman (Brites de Almeida) that fought and killed 8 Spaniard soldiers with her baking shovel in the battle of Aljubarrota.

True or not, we won that battle by massacre and the Spaniards never managed to conquer our Country.

Now you may ask, what kind of pansies send a woman to battle? To which I reply: what kind of pansies die to an old woman baker?

Pic related: it's the Spaniards worst nightmare.
>>
>>80740190
>shit's too grim for a Disney movie.
>>
File: confused and disgusted.gif (882 KB, 500x280) Image search: [Google]
confused and disgusted.gif
882 KB, 500x280
>>80739501
>Think of your ethnicity/race/whatever that you most identify with or at least think is interesting.
>>
>>80742129
Are you even trying here?
>>
>>80743163
Yeah, standing by it.

How do you justify making a Disney movie where EVERYONE dies at the end? If this were a fairytale, fine, you can handwave that, but not even Disney wordsmiths have the skill to remake "oh, six teenage boys died because of war."

>>80744969
That stipulation is meant for people like >>80742100 who either don't know their heritage or don't think it's worth mentioning.
>>
pmub
>>
>>80739501
You know what i think? i think we better think of something
>>
>>80745316
A lot of disney movie inspirations are tragic mass death things. They just bastardize them all greatly.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.