[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This is a storyboard for someome who tried out to work on Adventure
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 6
File: image.jpg (281 KB, 1280x777) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
281 KB, 1280x777
This is a storyboard for someome who tried out to work on Adventure Time and didn't make the cut.
>>
File: image.jpg (66 KB, 500x310) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
66 KB, 500x310
This is an official storyboard for Adventure Time.
>>
Any Tumblr moron can be storyboard artist these days
>>
rough storyboards are often that, rough
those passes don't get sent to Korea, they're first touched up and have things clarified by board revisionists
Many, if not all of the storyboards Frederator uploaded for early AT back in the day were rough cuts, complete with cut jokes/ scenes

Onto the OP one, just posting one single storyboard doesn't make the rest of it "good," if they weren't chosen, there was probably something wrong with either their pacing, writing, or many other factors that go into hiring someone who will not only be drawing out every single thing that happens in an episode, but also writing all the dialogue. Quality of art alone doesn't make a good storyboard artist, especially on a board-driven show like AT.

also, showing the whites of the eyes on the show is verboten these days
>>
>>80739166
>>80739178
Exposed?
>>
>>80740509
The picture in the OP is by the guy who would go on to direct the new Mickey Mouse shorts.
>>
>>80739166
That looks beautiful.
>>
>>80740569
Holy shit
>>
>>80740569
It shows.
>>
>>80740569
What can I say, there was something in the board they just didn't jibe with
KC Green didn't get picked up for Regular Show
>>
>>80739166
>>80739178
Storyboarders gotta make like 400 of these for every episode they work on, being able to draw one good one doesn't really mean much.

It's also entirely possible that they didn't get the job for a variety of reasons other than them not being good enough.

Though honestly, that OP artist would be wasting their talents. AT doesn't need that much artistic effort, it'd be a bit of a waste.
>>
>>80739166
>>80739178
Alright. Neither is particularly good or bad
>>
>>80740569
That's pretty neat.
Things ended up turning out pretty well since those new shorts are a much better setting for fascinating and cool animation than Adventure Time usually is.

Where'd you get this source OP? I wanna see the rest of this guy's test boards.
>>
File: best friends storyboard.png (245 KB, 1022x1065) Image search: [Google]
best friends storyboard.png
245 KB, 1022x1065
>>80740600
>Storyboarders gotta make like 400 of these for every episode they work on, being able to draw one good one doesn't really mean much.
This
If you're good AND fast, you're basically set
It helps save a lot of time in revision
>>
>>80740600
>AT doesn't need that much artistic effort
Modern AT? Sure. This show became a mess anyway, so it's not worth it.

During season 2 or 3 though? It would have been fantastic.
>>
The first one actually makes me want to see the show

The latter one is like kid's scribbles. I could understand the reason why it looks so rushed, but seeing something like the first storyboard being removed while something like the second one making the cut really makes you think about the direction of this show.
>>
>>80740758
Rebecca Sugar's episodes used to be pretty well-drawn and animated. I think it's more of a recent occurance where everything feels so static and anti-climatic.

Oh, well. At least one of the writers that was part of this (terrible) change is gone from the crew and doesn't work on the show anymore.
>>
>>80740569
hahaha everyone trying to defend AT storyboarders blown the absolute fuck out
>>
>>80740569
What's his name?

I legit dig what he does.
>>
>>80740615
>>80740838
http://stephendestefano.tumblr.com
>>
>>80740616
Not to knock on adventure time, but there's also the possibility that OP's guy was bumped to make room for someone who is on friendly terms with someone in the crew.

It happens quite often.
>>
>>80740869
He's not the director though. He's probably the designer.

Which is still huge.
>>
>>80740569
>Disney is so desperate for animators that they're taking the trash Adventure Time didn't even want
really sad man, first they prematurely end every decent show they have and now this. what madmen.
>>
>>80740726
Well it's not 2011 anymore and it hasn't been for a very long time my man.
In the modern day OP's talents would have been wasted. Even compared to season 1 stuff >>80739178 he was wasting his effort.
>>
File: tumblr_o1gw0xSdO11qmbdr9o2_1280.jpg (270 KB, 1280x777) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o1gw0xSdO11qmbdr9o2_1280.jpg
270 KB, 1280x777
This is a storyboard made for AT from the same artist. Dense of action and humor, staying on-model while being rich of details and climatic.
>>
File: S6e3_storyboard.png (130 KB, 576x432) Image search: [Google]
S6e3_storyboard.png
130 KB, 576x432
This is made from a regular storyboard """artist""" still working on the show
>>
>>80741078
Meh, you could have chosen a better example from the same storyboarder.
>>
>>80740897
If the Mickey Mouse Shorts are any indication, one man's trash is another man's treasure.
>>
>>80740822
How?
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.