[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Marvel Execs and Editors say after Secret Wars EVERYTHING
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 3
File: secret-wars-1-112759.jpg (320 KB, 655x978) Image search: [Google]
secret-wars-1-112759.jpg
320 KB, 655x978
>Marvel Execs and Editors say after Secret Wars EVERYTHING WILL CHANGE AND THE 616 WON'T EXIST ANYMORE
>really nothing has changed other than a handful of Ultimates now part of the cast
>the universe is still 616

Why do people still waste money on events?
>>
The Secret Wars was such an awful and pointless event. I stopped after issue 4.
>>
>>80719308
Because they're fun

Also no one ever said anything about 616 not existing anymore, in fact i'm pretty sure they strictly say that it's not a reboot multiple times. Why do people keep thinking that these kind of events are? You retards kept saying the same thing about Convergence.
>>
Calling the refugees from 1610 a 'handful of Ultimates' is pretty generous. By my count we have Miles and his supporting cast, Maker... who else? They didn't even use it as an opportunity to import Ultimate Nick Fury to replace Nick Fury jr.
>>
>>80719878
>616 not existing anymore

Axel and Breevort said it all the time leading up to Secret Wars.
>>
>>80719941
Yes, because for the duration of Secret Wars, 616 didn't exist. They never said post-Secret Wars that 616 would be gone. They also said multiple times it wasn't a reboot.
>>
>>80719908
There's also Gwenpool, she's not Ultimate but it's very likely she ended up in 616 because of this.
>>
>>80719878
>Because they're fun
They most certainly are not.
>>
>>80720015
Brevoort and Alonso want people to stop calling it 616, but it's so ingrained in everyone's minds that it's not going to happen.
>>
>>80720063
>>80720015
And yet the 616 is back. Alonso and Skervoot are hack fauds.
>>
People who buy events because of their "consequences" are mongoloids anyway.

I bought Forever Evil because it was a good book.
>>
>>80720134
Forever Evil was a bad guys gone good done right.
Marvel does it and all they do is fight one another which wasnt any fucking different.
>>
>>80720114
No, I mean it's still 616, but Brevoort hates the numbering and says "real fans will call it Universe-8" or whatever he said on his tumblr.
>>
>>80719308
They given that "EVERYTHING WILL CHANGE!" line a million times, the only people who believe that are the ones not old enough to remember the last time they pulled it off.
>>
>>80720267
I guess no one is a real fan because i havent seen anyone call it that shit.
>>
>>80719308
The only thing that has changed is that the editorial staff is 100% dipshit SJW who are pandering hard and forgetting to actually captain good stories.
All the titles post SW are complete garbage. Super PC dialogue plus garbage reactionary janitor/editors are what's ruining the MCU. A lot of the "fans" are praising stories, but why? There are no engaging stories Marvel is producing since taking the path they have. Disappointing books that been rebooted again and again. Books about cute characters. Established characters acted unlike themselves and taking the back seat to character no one gives a shit about. Having event after event after even to money grab on the fans.

Seriously up your game. Write better stories. Not every character needs to be PC. Not every book is meant for everyone.
>>
An entire event to get miles in the 616
pathetic
>>
Secret Wars was a truly astounding fuck up. I bet Marvel wouldn't be having half the problems with ANAD if they hadn't launched the new range in the middle of the fucking reboot event.
>>
>>80720134
Lol, FE was terrible
>>
Didnt the whole event stop for like 3 months then pick back up? How do you fuck that up.
>>
>>80719308
>earth 616 is now earth Prime
Superboy when?
>>
File: 1457308798344.jpg (56 KB, 722x349) Image search: [Google]
1457308798344.jpg
56 KB, 722x349
Sooo... How long before we go back to the status Quo?
>>
>>80722954
We are already returning to status quo. Stev returning to be Cap again it's just the beginning.
>>
>>80720660
>SJW PC SJW PC
Holy shit, go take a fucking break, man.
>>
>>80720063
>and Alonso
Nah, just Brevoort. Alonso is letting Brevoort do whatever he wants in that regard, but Brevoort is literally the only one pushing for 616 to be dropped.
>>
>>80720267
Nah, he said "Prime Earth" or "Earth Prime" or whatever. And no one is going to fucking call it that because it'd just make it confusing to differentiate from DC who had both Prime Earth and Earth Prime going concurrently. That's like the worst name they could have picked to try and force.

I call it 616-8, and that's what I've seen other people refer to it as.
>>
>>80720977
Fuck off Marvel shill it was literally one of if not the greatest event of all time and BTFO out of every Marvel event.
>>
>>80722286
They got an extremely slow artist with the promise of no fill-ins to try and double-ship oversized event books. To the surprise of no one, it got hit with massive delays because the artist couldn't keep up with the absurd schedule he was expected to meet.
>>
>>80724308
Except in Spider-Man, Spider-Gwen, Captain Falcon and Whor it's been called 616. Shit, the new Spider-Gwen had a whole panel that said MEANWHILE IN UNIVERSE 616
>>
>>80720047
Nah, you're objectively wrong here.

Secret Wars did have a lot of fun stuff in the bajillion side stories. I kind of wish they had let it go on for like a year just to have fun with them.

The main story, however, was completely botched on such an astonishing scale it's almost unbelievable.

As >>80719617 said, it was okay up till around issue 4, then it fell apart as Hickman and editorial dropped the ball.

I don't know how the fuck you end up with scheduling and story problems for an event that WAS PLANNED FOR FUCKING YEARS IN ADVANCE.
>>
>>80724382
But didn't they know SW was coming for years during the incursion storyline run-up?

Couldn't Ribic has started way early to be sure everything would be ready? Couldn't Marvel have not started launching post-SW books before it was over? How the fuck did Hickman not have an end in mind when he started?
>>
>>80723234
Wait, Steve is returning?
>>
Here's a good article on the Secret Wars mess:

http://www.vulture.com/2016/01/secret-wars-delays.html

I liked the ending:

>None of this is possible in any other medium and genre — for better and worse. The impact on retailers is nothing to praise, but if you take a step back from the morality and the dollars and cents, there's something aesthetically majestic happening here. If you want easier-to-follow comics, there are plenty on the racks. If you want easier-to-follow superhero stories, the cineplex is filled with them. But if you want an endlessly shifting, massively scaled, unapologetically convoluted puzzle that rewards fixation and patience, there's only one game in town, and you can play it at your local comics shop.
>>
>>80719617

Maaan...!

It only really got GOOD after issue #5!

Nah, kidding. It wasn't dreck - it wasn't exceptional in any way.
>>
>>80724337
>when you're not sure if its a falseflag
>>
>>80724747
Yes, he is going to have new series. There a promotional art with him in the front and I think Demolition Man on his right
>>
>>80724747

A-yup.

http://marvel.com/news/comics/25640/the_original_captain_america_returns
>>
>>80724566
Ribic still needs scripts before he can start the art. And Hickman was busy on Avengers and New Avengers leading up to Secret Wars (which may have both been double shipping, I can't remember.)
>>
>>80726078
Avengers was double-shipping, new Avengers wasn't (mostly, by the end it was). So Hickman was doing 3-4 Avengers books a month by the end there, ontop of all the creator owned books he was doing on the side and editorial doing constant last minute changes.
>>
>>80726808
Is that why we still don't have Feel Better Now?
>>
>>80726997
I'm pretty sure even Hickman has forgotten Feel Better Now. I don't see him doing any books with his own art anymore now that he's made enough connections to get other people to do the art for his books.
>>
>>80727100
You know, after waiting this long I'm sure if we ever got Feel Better Now it would just be massively disappointing. It's probably for the best that we don't get it.
>>
Is it safe to say Secret Wars might have gone to far in a few places?
>>
>>80727300
In what way?
>>
>>80719878
They insisted it wasn't a reboot while also saying that it would change everything and 616 wouldn't exist anymore.

All Marvel events are hyped as "changing everything you know about the Marvel Universe" and usually have fairly minor consequences that are forgotten about in a year or two.

>You retards kept saying the same thing about Convergence.

Well, anyone who thought that was wrong. Convergence was fairly transparently laid out as a quick little nostalgia-fest to fill time while they moved offices.

>>80719908
>They didn't even use it as an opportunity to import Ultimate Nick Fury to replace Nick Fury jr.

Well, that's a good move. Nick Fury Jr is MCU Fury. Ultimate Fury is closer to a psychotic version of Amanda Waller.

>>80720660
>I hate Marvel because my politics make me outraged at them
Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.