[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Pitch me your best spin off of the Daredevil Netflix series,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 5
File: 1457443382412.jpg (186 KB, 1024x1024) Image search: [Google]
1457443382412.jpg
186 KB, 1024x1024
Pitch me your best spin off of the Daredevil Netflix series, /co/.
This can be related tangentially to JJ, Luke Cage, Iron Fist, or Punisher (rumored to get his own series).
Use any characters Marvel has the rights to.
>>
>>80718365
Fuck, OP, I'd tell Sony to suck it and bring Spidey down to Netflix. I know they never would because muh monies, but still. Have him crossover with Daredevil, and if you really wanted the marvelfags to cum a lot, youd have him throw down with Kingpin.

>Tom Holland did test scenes with Jon Bernthal as Spidey and Punisher
>>
>>80718365
Punisher. Do a panel-by-panel adaptation of Ennis's entire MAX run. Do Aaron's run too. Bathe in the admiration of a grateful nation
>>
>>80718533
Absolutely. One of the best Frank stories of all time
>>
>>80718365
I'd do a Punisher series that is episodic, but with a general goal: Frank is aiming at the head Mafia dons. Take elements of Ennis and War Zone, but make it its own thing. Make Frank a force of nature, even doing episodes from other perspectives to show his effect. Dirty Laundry nailed the idea.
>>
>>80718365
Jessica Jones season 2:

Jessica is investigating a bunch of crimes committed by different people who have no recollection of doing it, nor do they have anything in common.

Everyone she meets seems to send her in a wild goose chase and people seem distanced and detached from her, like prying away. This is making Jessica very paranoid. Think Alias before the purple man reveal. Everything feels odd.

Obvious thing that is happening is Purple Man is either alive and fucking with her, or he's dead and left a bunch of orders placed. Shit doesn't make sense since his powers never lasted that long. She gets more and more paranoid that she's being targeted by someone.

Resolution:
She's being played by the Chameleon (of spider-man's fame). Dmitri got hold of one of those masks from Winter Soldier and has been trying to earn a living since then. He never meant to fuck with Jessica specifically, but she was the one that happened to be investigating. Most of the drama happens in Jessica's head, and she realizes she's been victimizing herself. She's not as important as she though she was throughout the season, and the fact that she solved a mystery unrelated to her gives a boost in self-worth and self-confidence that she's been lacking.

I think this would kind of fall in line with the tone of the first season and would be a good use of a villain that would otherwise never show up. Especially since Mysterio can do most of what he can, and be more of a threat to Spidey in the movies.
>>
>>80721835
I adore this. Send it to the show runners!
>>
>>80722144
I'd love to, but I actually don't know how.
>>
>>80718365
I just want the Lord of Shadowland storyline. Maybe have Bullseye in S3 helping Kingpin escape and then have the Daredevil is new Kingpin storyline at the end, which can lead to his eventual downfall in S4 when all the other heroes are established. Would also be nice to see a Spider-man cameo. Like an episode where the heroes get together and have trouble doing a task, and then Spidey just shows up and beats up all the bad guy. It'd show that he really is on a whole other level than the street heroes.
>>
>>80722274
Spam Feige? I don't know either. I wish I did, your outline is really good and is a natural progression of Jessica's paranoia and need to feel like she's actually making a difference.
>>
I'd really love to have Ghost Rider show up in his own series, more a link to the Punisher than anything else, maybe establish a 'Marvel Knights' run.

Have Johnny be living in New York but not the city, or Brooklyn or anything. We're talking the most rural outskirts.
Have it be sort of a psychological thriller where the show sort of builds throughout and then by the end have gone full-blown hellscape nightmare stuff.
Not sure how this would be executed but I mean, lets get a scene with Johnny (human) and Frank where Punisher asks Johnny to look him in the eyes and Johnny tells him "You don't want me to."

Maybe that's a bit much.
Also,wouldn't GR want to kill/Penance Stare Frank?
>>
Moon Knight.
>>
File: Screenshot at Mar 13 03-43-50.png (40 KB, 222x220) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot at Mar 13 03-43-50.png
40 KB, 222x220
>Punisher series.
Follows the Garth Ennis run.
No exceptions.

>Moon Knight
First episode is an intro mystery.
Every other episode is like a monster of the week, but a mystery. Done and dusted in one episode.
Final episode resolves the first mystery.
Like the Ellis run.

>Blade
Just a big nigger running about kill vampires with no story. 13 hours worth.

>Marvels
13 episode season.
First episode is an introduction.
Every other episode is a hero of the week, showing origins, etc. Doesn't need to, but needs to introduce the character and have an interesting story.
Last episode is Avengers.
>>
>>80722839
>Echo
Jessica Jones with better fight scenes.
White Tiger helps.
Ends up fucking Daredevil.
Can fight Elektra because she fucked Daredevil.
Dies at the end.
>>
>>80722992
>wanting Echo to die
I really really don't like you.
>>
>>80722992
Rooney. I'm going to ask you a serious question. Why are you posting this much in Marvel threads recently? Why are you acting like you're not a shitposter? I thought you hated Marvel.

I'm confused.
>>
>>80722992
You opened quite a can, friend.
>>
>>80722477
I think he actually tried to use Penance Stare on Frank and it didn't work because Frank regrets nothing.
>>
>>80724230
That's bullshit. I know that it happened, but that's bullshit.
>>
>>80723238
What can? Echo only has two fans. Me and David Mack and I'm pretty sure Mack forgot he even created her.
>>
>>80718365
M O O N
K
N
I
G
H
T
>>
>>80724230
That's not how that works, Frank should basically be dead by that
>>
File: Screenshot_4.png (171 KB, 730x200) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_4.png
171 KB, 730x200
>>80723120
I'm quite confused myself. I kind of figured what's the point? Shitposting got boring. I wanna talk comics.
>>
>>80725686
Good for you. I'm starting to like you tbqh
>>
>>80723047
>I really really don't like you.
>>80725734
>Good for you. I'm starting to like you tbqh
Win some, ya lose some.
But thank you x
>>
>>80725269
people complain about bat wank but nothing compares to 90's frank wank.
>>
>>80725912
Frank Frank'd his way out of the Penance Stare a few Franks ago, not the 90s.
>>
>>80718365
I haven't thought of a name yet, because all the closest names are taken, but it's about a hero in a red suit, with action scenes
>>
>>80721835
Only if he uses his mask to impersonate Kilgrave and try to scare Jessica away from the case.
>>
>>80718365
Do a She Hulk series, that's it.
>>
>>80718365
Daredevil being involved with [Insert character here that you want a arrowverse tier spark to burn a new show] on a crusade of attacking eachothers enemies without knowing eachother. Then they clash and bro it up(make out?) in an unlikely turn of events DD gets caught and it temporarily turns into the new characters show for a few episodes until DD returns.

Limelight man. It's all about making lemonade from dry lemon shavings.

My bet would be someone nearby DD's location of choice. DD can't be going away from his city for convenience. However that narrows down the character selection.
>>
Newspaper drama starring Robbie and JJJ. Think Dirt, but written as Better Call Saul, plus with superheroes. JJJ is presented as a layered character trying to understand the changes his city is undergoing now that masked men and women are starting to run around, with a bit of drama as he Robbie remembers his youth being antagonized by some other masked men, and some comedy as JJJ falls for his lower impulses and publishes some lies and exaggerations to sell papers in a dying medium that's grasping at straws.
>>
>>80718533

>Do a panel-by-panel adaptation of Ennis's entire MAX run

I doubt In the Beginning could be adapted very well; you'd have to alter Microchip's background and relationship with Frank completely, and come up with a compelling reason for why the CIA would be so interested in a mundane vigilante who has been active for only a few months (weeks?) at most, especially in a world that actually does have superhumans.

And there's the problem of what the fuck they'd do about Fury for Mother Russia and Man of Stone.
>>
File: tumblr_ni27ceUctP1sp0c5uo1_540.jpg (160 KB, 534x810) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ni27ceUctP1sp0c5uo1_540.jpg
160 KB, 534x810
>Punisher
Flashbacks to his time in Iraq, he hears voices that might be there or not.
Villain is the Maggia, Jigsaw, with Nicky Cavalla being set up.
Frank is tracking down Weapons and tech left the Maggia got a hold of during the invasion/Fall of SHIELD. Frank is also being followed by Martin soap and Molly Richthofen of the Punisher Task force are hunting him for various reasons (Soap wants to redeem himself after a key figure in a case against the mob was killed under his watch/Molly....because she can.) Billy Russo has been tasked by Slivermane to bring castle down before he gets anymore of them. but castle gets the best of him and throws him through a plate glass window

Season ends with the Maggia all but dead Nicky Cavalla is poised to takeover and Frank on the hitlist of a very important player in Washington.....Who calls in the "Howling Commandos"
>>
>>80728620
Supporting cast would be Joan, Microchip, Blimpo and Spacker Dave. with....Microchip losing his life to Jigsaw after frank's base gets assaulted.
>>
>>80725269
There is a Ghost Rider run in which it worked exactly like that, I'm not even sure why.
>>
>>80728620

This is probably an unpopular opinion, but I feel like Nicky and Jigsaw could be merged into one character. Like, have him be Cavella for a season, get fucked up but survive, and then return later as Jigsaw for an adaptation of Up is Down and Black is White, or something.
>>
They should adapt some of Dixon's Warzone, and introduce the Carbone family.
>>
>>80728868
That makes no fucking sense since I thought the Stare burned you for all the pain you caused, not the guilt you carried? Cause if that's the case, sociopaths are Rider proof. Well, unless he beats the shit out of you.
>>
I think Johnny's stare is different from Danny's.
>>
>>80729134
>well,unless he beats the shit out of you.
Funny thing is he does that against the guy,using a huge Bible. I just see the thing as a narrative tool for tension. Also wasn't Thunderbolts slightly comedic? I read some issues and I still don't get why anyone takes Frank's response seriously, it ends with John cheering as he's freed from being a rider.
>>
Most of you guys seem to want the netflix shows to be the 90's put to screen.

There are good and interesting characters that can be done dark that haven't been done before. Just because Daredevil was a bit dark it doesn't mean everything has to. The netflix shows deal so much more with the protagonist's head and personality than their powers or fight abilities.

Frank doesn't have much of a personality, neither does blade or ghost rider, which I see suggested all the time.

The key is 'street level', not 'dark', even though they aren't mutually exclusive.

I'd like to see characters more interesting than 'goes inside room and kills everyone'. Frank gets a bit of a pass for being in Daredevil, but he's good as a foil for the protagonist and as a philosophical opposite. A Punisher show would suck, since he doesn't have an arc or an interesting hook beyond a couple of episodes. It'd just be a muderfest for the sake of it.

Not that they couldn't be done, but there's so many things that are much more interesting.
>>
>>80729430
>A Punisher show would suck, since he doesn't have an arc
I don't want a Punisher show, but you need to learn more about storytelling, especially with series characters.
>>
>>80729430
>implying Johnny Blaze being possessed by the Rider wouldn't create some interesting moments.

My assinine greentext aside, I think a Ghost Rider story could be interesting and not exclusively "dark". The whole first 3/4ths could be a character study, wherein Johnny is basically a guy with sever PTSD. Voices (Mephistopholes), visions (seeing shit from hell or some of the Rider's own mental afflictions bleed out into Johnny's subconscious).
It could be interesting.
And you could have one of his villains, not Blackheart please, be in town and messing with Johnny from the shadows the whole series.
Have Johnny be...super hesitant of letting the Rider 'out', due to something he did in the past. Something along those lines.
Then once Johnny finds out about the bad guy/demon/villlain or whatever, preferably along with some fucked up shit that person has done, he goes full on Rider and the last few eps descend into nightmarish hell visually and whatnot.
>>
>>80729647
I get that it could be done without an arc. Cap doesn't have much of an arc and he hasn't gotten boring yet.

But seriously, most of the characters I see suggested are the kind of 'enter room with people, leave room with corpses'. Frank murdering everyone every episode would get boring as fuck after 3 or 4 episodes. Then it's just more of the same.

Just because Daredevil was kind of dark, everyone seems to think every Netflix show must be 90's incarnate, when the cool thing about it isn't so much the setting as the struggle that's interesting.
>>
>>80729822
Anon that's looking at Frank/Punisher at extremely face value. Yes, he kills people.
But what's interesting about him as a character is that he is a tortured man, who happens to be an efficient killer who turns those skills on the deserving.
He's also a husband to a murdered wife, father to a dead child. Looking into what he used to be, over the series would be interesting. Punisher throughout the day, when he's not just killing people.

Show him watching and finding his targets, sure. But also show him interacting with his contact who gets him weapons and stuff.
Scenes of Frank with children. If you've read the comics you know he has this side where he's super gentle with kids and in those moments, the last shreds of his humanity shine through.

Plus, you're implying a Punisher series would be a TV version of Gears of War's Horde mode.
>>
>>80730110
I know those things, and I'm actually fond of them in Frank, but that's nothing that needs 13 episodes to explore, and was kind of already there with Daredevil season 1, just tamer.

I think frank gives a great second fiddle for how surprisingly human he can be after appearing rough, but not as a main character in a 13 hour show.

I'd like to at least see more creative shit like Cloak and Dagger, or maybe a Magic-related show. Would Elizabeth Olson be cool with a Scarlet Witch thing? Maybe some other magic dude I'm not thinking of.
>>
>>80724230
It's stupid but here it is
>>
>>80730225
Can't say I agree but hey, that's what debate is for I suppose.

And I'm sure it could be done. What would the premise be though? I'm not too familiar with Scarlet Witch.
>>
I would like Marvel to develop their Western properties.
>>
>>80730288
the actual reason is that Frank is under Olivier's protection
>>
>>80730288
Why is this considered dumb now, when it happened in The Ghost Rider run that led up to Heavens on fire?
>>
>>80730691
Because the Stare shouldn't be avoidable, even with Plot Armor. Treating it like it's avoidable weakens it, in a way.
>>
>>80730691
Because if you can avoid the Penance Stare by just not regretting what you've done, why does it affect ANY scumfuck person Ghost Rider uses it on?
>>
>>80718508
>Kingpin
shiiiiit
nice
>>
>>80730386
I'm liking her ongoing, feels very Constantine-y, which is a type show I'd like to see in the MCU, which is why I though of her. I'm sure they wouldn't butcher her character as much as Bendis.

I'd just like Marvel to keep bringing stuff to the table they haven't before.
>>
>>80728491
You somehow missed the biggest issue in that Ennis' MAX run is heavily tied into Vietnam not only as setting and history but also as a metaphor. You're either setting it several years in the past or getting a guy pushing 70 for Frank.

Considering the amount of gunshots and head injuries Frank takes during the MAX run he might as well have superpowers.
>>
Elektra doing ninja shit.
Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.