[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Carnage
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4
File: download.jpg (19 KB, 300x168) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
19 KB, 300x168
Is there a point to this character other than to just be an edgier Venom?
>>
>>80714690
Now there is because he's the last remaining traditional symbiote character.
>>
>>80714690

Whats wrong with being edgy?
>>
No.. not really
>>
Didn't he pretty much make Spider-Man question his morality in Maximum Carnage?
>>
>>80714748
This
>>
>>80714690
Yeah, he's a villain for Spider-Man to fight.

What is the purpose of any villain OP? I'd like you to name one villain and what their "point" is other than being a foil to a protagonist...

I mean, I could give you some faggoty pretentious "point" to Carnage, like saying he represents chaos and the inevitability of death and gore in life

But that's stupid, the point of him is to fight good guys, as is every villain, comic books are not high art
>>
>>80714690
Is there a point to any character?
>>
>>80714690
Carnage always supplies an immediate risk
If you can get Carnage to work for/with you, you can delay supers by dropping him in a nearby populated area. Everyone knows that Carange is going to kill a whole bunch of people right-the-fuck-now while other villains aren't as blood thirsty

He's also the origin-story of the world's greatest hero, Carnage-man

And he's a simple character for simple stories
>>
>>80715703

this

he's essentially Doomsday
>>
>>80714690
Besides being what >>80714748 said? Also being what >>80716107 said by using his new found Eldritch Powers he got from the Darkhold upon the world.
>>
>>80715703

>He's also the origin-story of the world's greatest hero, Carnage-man
What a short-live hero
>>
>>80714690

Well People wanted Venom to be a good guy

So they had to get someone to replace him
>>
File: file_168549_0_my_friend_dahmer.jpg (43 KB, 279x430) Image search: [Google]
file_168549_0_my_friend_dahmer.jpg
43 KB, 279x430
>>80714690
Carnage, unlike most villains, actually has the traits of real killers. He's Bundy as fuck, plus a few others mixed in.

Despite being a guy in alien pajamas he's actually one of the more realistic characters in Marvel. Everyone else acts like a caricature.
>>
File: 1436520376545.jpg (19 KB, 236x337) Image search: [Google]
1436520376545.jpg
19 KB, 236x337
>>80714690
>Is there a point to this character other than to just be an edgier Spider-Man?
>>
Because without Carnage, Toxin wouldn't be a thing

Is that good or bad?
>>
>>80718220

Venom was at least had enough differences to make him unique

Carnage is essentially what if we took Venom and made him crazier?
>>
No. Him being More-Venom-Than-Venom was his whole point. He's Marvel's Shadow the Hedgehog.
Carnage's first story arc was great and served a great purpose. But the character was introduced in the 90s, so of course he was wildly popular so they brought him back over and over past the point of him making any sense.

Then the whole Separation Anxiety thing happened.
>>
>>80718390
>one is a reporter that felt screwed over by Spider-Man and bonded with a symbiote that felt screwed over by Spider-Man and ran around defending innocent lives while messing with Spidey's
>the other is Jeffrey Dahmer and John Wayne Gacy's lovechild
>Carnage is essentially what if we took Venom and made him crazier
Does it hurt being this pleb?
>>
>>80718145
Bundy never rampaged across cities.
>>
>>80718390
>Carnage is essentially what if we took Venom and made him crazier?
Carnage is a truly bonded symbiote/host combo
He's the peak of symbiote capabilities, being nearly immortal in the face of simple things like trauma, exposure to space, being ripped in half, and now an increased resistance to sonics (maybe the symbiote's not only improving Cletus' capabilities, but taking some from him too. Neither are fireproof to my knowledge, but Cletus wasn't as susceptible to sonics as the symbiote itself.
>>
File: carnage gwen.jpg (126 KB, 620x320) Image search: [Google]
carnage gwen.jpg
126 KB, 620x320
Is it wrong that Carnage Gwen makes me horny?
>>
>>80721091
The true man wants two things: danger and play. For that reason he wants woman, as the most dangerous plaything.
-Friedrich Nietzsche

You're just adding an extra dose of danger
>>
>>80718220
>>80718390

Venom = nutjob who thinks he's doing the right thing, but his version of the right thing usually involved being batshit or killing people

Carnage = pure evil

So basically...Spidey = hero, Venom = anti hero, Carnage = true villain
>>
Well, yeah. They introduced him around the time Venom went from villain to anti-hero, they needed someone to fill the void.
>>
>>80714690

He puts everyone through horrifying situations and brings out the worst in people in several ways so you can see Spidey and the gang struggle that much more to not sink to his level.

Even misguided, mentally ill people like Eddie Brock are able to put their differences with Spider-Man aside to work together against such an asshole.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.