[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 8
File: image.jpg (11 KB, 150x228) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
11 KB, 150x228
Ghost rider is my favorite marvel ip when I was a kid the cage riders were passable but looking back on it I'm surprised it even got green lit. I mean how do you fuck up a Skeleton in all leather riding a motorcycle while on fire(grant it is is hard to make that shit sound boring when pitching). It is the most god damn metal thing, if they ever made a ghost rider movie again I would not mind seeing Reyes rider, his design is pretty cool and it would help us forget caged rider.
Ideas for movie(discuss)
Mine - Reyes and Constaine team up for reason a, I don't know shit about Constaine except demons can't fuck with him because he screwed others demons out of getting his soul

Or

They can make it more if a character study type deal like in iron man 1

Anything is better than Cage, discuss like casting too and setting
>>
>>80714317
>Constaine

????
>>
>>80714357
Fuggin srsly I proof read this shit twice auto correct is a bitch
>>
>>80714317

Why don't they call him ghost driver?
>>
>>80714386
Who? Constantine is a DC property
>>
>>80714425
Ik I just rly like his character, just very very very wishful thinking
>>
Ghost Rider is a relic of the late 80s-90s "edgy" period. He just doesn't appeal to people anymore.

Don't get me wrong, I like Ghost Rider, it's just that he hasn't been popular in a long time and the absolute shit that was the Nic Cage movies cemented his status as an easily-dismissed joke.
>>
The Red Lanterns are the Ghost Riders' of DC.

The Marvel concept was good but never developed and has been restarted soo many times there is no longer a good solid base for any real character or story development.
>>
File: image.jpg (42 KB, 325x360) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
42 KB, 325x360
>>80714865
You're right but . . . You're right
But for real though it's a shame to see a relic die carelessly tossed into the ground then proceeded to be pissed on two directors and a hack of an actor
>>
>>80715110
>Nic Cage
>Hack
Nic Cage is a modern day Marlon Brando. Only plebs think differently.
>>
That's really easier said than done, OP.

What movie would would you say would be a good Ghost Rider-like movie? Like what director would be good enough for it?

Because th guys who made Crank were pretty much perfect for it, and even they screwed it up. And Nicholas Cage is a comic book fan and a cult actor and everything and he screwed it up too.

You say it's impossible to screw up Ghost Rider, but, to me, it seems more like it's impossible not to screw it up.
>>
>>80715147
Grant it Con Air was fucking good,
>>
>>80715328
He's excellent in many movies like Adaptation, Raising Arizona, Wild at Heart, Face/Off
>>
It has to be a show. It's the only proper way to flesh-out Ghost Rider and his plot. Look at Supernatural and Grimm. You need a tight narrative of 3 seasons of 26 episodes where it has an overarching plot. Each season deals with Johnny Blaze, Danny Ketch, and Robbie Reyes respectively and how they deal with being the Ghost Rider and battling Mephisto, Blackheart, etc.

Also make it a travelogue across the continental US. Make the Ghost Rider cross into different locales and urban legends which tie into his progression and conflict.
>>
File: Ghost-Rider_Spirit-of-Vengeance.jpg (138 KB, 535x795) Image search: [Google]
Ghost-Rider_Spirit-of-Vengeance.jpg
138 KB, 535x795
This fucking movie. When the directors first talked about it, they described their vision as a slasher horror movie, where the slasher is Ghost Rider and his dumb drunk teenagers were common criminals. I thought it was an amazing idea, specially if it played out from the perspective of the group of criminals in question like a slasher would.

And then it turned out to be a complete lie, the movie had nothing of that and the people behind fucking Crank managed to make a boring ass movie.
>>
>>80715579
>When the directors first talked about it, they described their vision as a slasher horror movie, where the slasher is Ghost Rider and his dumb drunk teenagers were common criminals.
That's fucking brilliant...
>>
File: image.jpg (8 KB, 317x159) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
8 KB, 317x159
More than likely they screwed up because (like me) they took the project assuming it is impossible to mess up, when in actuality it needed to be thought out a bit more. Even though Fox and Disney operate differently, Johnston made Cap work a red, white, and blue initially very light hearted (in terms of design), at least to me Caps design was not meant to be taken seriously however, the movie was definitely no saving private Ryan but it was decent. However Ghost Rider fucked up twice and that might be the limit of how many tries you get in this industry, but who knows maybe Fox will have a lapse in judgement and green light another one
>>
>>80715579
its great when the slasher formula is applied to something other than a typical horror film slasher monster.

terminator 1 was basically a slasher flick
>>
I unironically like the first Ghost Rider movie. that was at that time that Comic book movies were sort of cheesy and not all that great, but felt more like comic books
>>
>>80714317
Robbie Reyes Movie wouldnt be a bad idea.

who would you cast as him?
>>
>>80715788
I'd adapt ANGR alongside Ms. marvel as an animated series in the style of Batman/Superman hour.
>>
File: image.png (799 KB, 640x1136) Image search: [Google]
image.png
799 KB, 640x1136
>>80715788
This man, he is just douchey enough
>>
>>80714865
Bullshit, it just marvel doesn't know what to do with it's mystic/supernatural heroes at hell just look at blade.
>>
With the success of Deadpool and Punisher being introduced into the MCU a Ghost Rider reboot could probably happen. Better chances of it happening if the reboot follows a rider other than Blaze or if Johnny Blaze is recast either way
>>
>>80715928
>>80716159
Fuck legacy character, just give us road to redeption or the Daniel Way run of Johnny where he is hunting down the devil across america
>>
>>80714317

Ghost Rider is a rated R film. I don't have anything against Cage. I may even find his love of the character endearing, but a Cage trying to be humorous is cling worthy. Ghost Rider is suppose to be serious and scary. Unfortunately, I don't see Marvel having the balls to make a rated R Ghost Rider.
>>
>>80716341
Ghost Rider, is Fox i think but that was like 3 years ago they made a new fantastic 4 to renew that license but I dont think they did the same for Ghost Rider
>>
>>80716485

Yep. Marvel has the rights again. They won't make a rated R comic movie.
>>
>>80714513
That's retarded. What are you, 13?
>>
File: download (9).jpg (17 KB, 200x252) Image search: [Google]
download (9).jpg
17 KB, 200x252
>>80716610
fuck, for real
>>
>>80716742

Yeah. It blows. They'll probably do a shitty cartoon and hangout with Spidey and all that bullshit.
>>
>>80715579

You see some of that in the final product with the way GR behaves, but overall Spirits of Vengeance is a fucking mess of a movie.
>>
>>80716198

Because Marvel seems to be insistent on the "magic=science" stance for some reason. Even Doctor fucking Strange in the MCU is confirmed to just use super-science and string theory. I don't know why magic can't just be fucking magic anymore.
>>
>>80715147

yep, as in he started out excellent and thereafter slid into adam sandler-tier shit

same with de niro
>>
>>80714317
I hear you OP. The idea just screams 'visual treat movie,' but they keep giving it to incompetent tools.

Go watch "Drive Angry." It's a blast, and it is pretty much the Ghost Rider movie you wanted from Nic Cage.
>>
>>80716742
Be lucky. It'd be quirky with lots of humor and GR doing silly things. Also Blackheart and Mephisto would be evil businessmen.
>>
>>80714929
>the red lanterns are the ghost rider of DC

Explain yourself anon. Because I don't see it
>>
He works better as a side character than a main one. Especially if it's a horror story more than a superhero story.

Marvel needs to bring back their horror line, gimme that Dracula and werewolf by night
>>
Fuck the movie

Ghost Rider anime by Trigger

It wouldn't be the first time Marvel has done something like that

I mean, they had fucking Madhouse doing things for them
>>
>>80715788
Frankly? Some literally who hispanic dude who's like early 20s at most. Grab the fuckers behind Fast and Furious, let them go all out, make the movie stylish as fuck. It's not really that hard.
>>
>>80722099

ye
>>
File: infernocop.jpg (92 KB, 316x450) Image search: [Google]
infernocop.jpg
92 KB, 316x450
>>80722099
>Implying Trigger even needs the license at all
>>
Would a rated R ghost rider be cool? Yes, especially if they go for a horror angle.

Would marvel/disney ever do anything like that? Fuck no!
>>
>>80720043
My theory: to not hurt the brains of the average marvel fan. They don't want people going to online forums and asking why "Problems can't just be magicked away".
That or they don't want to piss off the religious types that see anything that mentions magic as "evil".

Then again I can't help but feel Marvel has been neglecting the whole magic side for YEARS. GR just wouldn't fit at all. Even if they did use him it would be completely neutered with all the bite removed.

Disney wants to appeal to younger people, and don't want anything too scary.
>>
>>80714317
As a concept, a Ghost Rider movie would be fantastic. I watched the first one a week ago, and I thought it had the spirit right, but effects/acting was wrong.

Casting would really make it. Nic Cage didn't have the serious angle it needed. Didn't see the new one.
>>
>>80722253
This. ANGR is literally F&F with flaming skulls.
>>
>>80716742
They've mentioned having talks about doing Ghost Rider via Netflix, but the CGI is too cost prohibitive.
>>
I liked the Cage Rider movies and until MCU explicitly tells me otherwise, he is canon in the movieverse. Wouldn't even be mad if he cameo'd in the Strange film. Same with the Blade trilogy. It would be cool if Snipes just showed up on Daredevil one episode, and opened the door for a proper Marvel Knights spinoff .
Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.