[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What should I watch and what should I avoid?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: tmp_9979-DCU_Movies-794791034.jpg (17 KB, 658x97) Image search: [Google]
tmp_9979-DCU_Movies-794791034.jpg
17 KB, 658x97
What should I watch and what should I avoid?
>>
>Must watch
Batman: Under the Red Hood
Justice League: Crisis on Two Earths

>Avoid
Anything after Flashpoint Paradox that adapts New 52 shit.

Everything else is ok, but not must sees.
>>
>>80698554
What about Bad Blood? That's after FP but it's an original story.
>>
>>80698554
>"Must Watch"
>two of the plebbiest movies in the animated canon

Try something Timm actually put his heart into, like Superman: Doomsday.
>>
>>80698030
Wonder Woman
Crisis of Two Earths
Under the Red Hood
Doom
Doomsday
Flashpoint Paradox
First Flight
Assault on Arkham
>>80698633
Fuck bad blood and everything post Flashpoint
>>
>>80698633
Bad Blood is them mashing like 3 stories together
>>
>>80698850
But Gods and Monsters was great
>>
>>80698554
My nigga
>>
How well does the all star superman shit adapt the comics?
>>
>>80702410
>No Jimmy, no Zibarro

would not recommend/10
>>
Gods & Monsters
Gotham Knights
Emerald Knights
>>
Gods and Monsters is fucking great, at the very least watch that.
>>
>>80702514
>no Zibarro
Good
>>
>>80698030
Wonder Woman is a MUST WATCH.

It's 10/10.
>>
>>80706456
It's interesting, but very predictable if you have ever read any Elseworld. It's essentially a Red Son mirror verse Justice League Unlimited that's technically very proficient. And Timms design are really starting to look incredibly 1990s dated. It's watchable but by no means "must watch."

>>80698850
>>80708402
WW is a really good movie and very watchable.

>>80702410
It's a bad adaptation; the art looks similar to the book in most regards, which is the biggest win, but they rewrite the story to make it very Luthor-friendly for starters, and gut a lot of the neat silver age elements - if your library has it, get it from them, or watch it on streaming (for a while, Vimeo or one of those non-You Tube sites had it split into two or three files).

>>80698850
Doomsday is disappointing, but I've never read the novel and most of what I read is that it improves it, thus why folks say its better. First Flight is a way better origin story for Hal than the movie, the rest are fine if you are a major Batfag otherwise, eh.

Flashpoint Paradox gets point for being a Barry oriented movie but it's pretty violent and I hate the art. But then I hated the art on the books.
>>
>>80698030
Watch what you want. Don't let others dictate what you should like. Most of us like something everyone else thinks is dogshit.
>>
the green lantern stuff is great
the new stuff had a disgusting animation style
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.