[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Recent comment on CartoonBrew article: >This is a pretty important
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2
Recent comment on CartoonBrew article:
>This is a pretty important article, most recent example of this abuse would be Gravity falls. I heard it was a horror to board on, 45-50 page scripts for a 22 minute episode, and it had to be completed in 4 weeks between 3 people! then half of that work would be thrown out because the episodes would be over time by 10-15 minutes partly because of too many script pages, but also because the show runner would change his mind when it came time to cut the animatic, and it was a TV series! Safe to say that a few people experienced severe burnout because of that shit pipeline, thanks to one person's ego and a studio trying to cut corners just so their bottom line would look good on paper.

Is there any source to this?

Also let's talk about people having shitty experiences in the industry.
>>
>>80683225
I expect it's like industry where people at the top have a great time and everyone below them gets shit on.
>>
>>80683225

Anything great requires people to be worked to the point of burnout. It's kind of a rule. Sadly the converse isn't true; people can be worked to the point of burnout and still produce complete shit.
>>
File: JUST.jpg (16 KB, 300x400) Image search: [Google]
JUST.jpg
16 KB, 300x400
Pretty shocking when even CartoonJew cant hide what a hack Alex Hirsch was.

Remember, a storyboarder got so fed up he wanted to stab Alex in his smug face with an x-acto knife. Manzi confirmed this.

He's like every other obnoxious liberal. Dresses bad and has delusions of grandeur that he wants done by other more hard working people, but when harsh reality checks him, he protests, cries, and then takes his ball and goes home.
>>
>>80683225
why cut shit out when you could just make more episodes out of what you have?
>>
>>80683225
I always assumed Alex has a great relationship with his crew (except with Joe I guess)
>>
>>80683807
> Gravity Falls
> Great
>>
>>80688847
Quality post.
>>
>>80685543
Writing scripts and drawing boards is way cheaper than producing a whole episode

Though a lot of the frustration comes from the fact that boarders are getting less and less time to make their boards to try and cut costs. But instead Disney should get high paid Hollywood actors to voice act for a cartoon where most people won't care(and where the best VA are people that aren't professional voice actors anyway). Yes, that is a good budget
>>
>>80685351
>Remember, a storyboarder got so fed up he wanted to stab Alex in his smug face with an x-acto knife. Manzi confirmed this.
Source this, bitch.
>>
>>80688860
Unlike Gravity Falls, which was the opposite of quality.
>>
>>80689768
Joe pitt
>>
What happened behind the scenes at Rugrats is really quite interesting

>Arlene Klasky and Gabor Csupo were a graphic designer and animator respectively (they were also Hungarian) not writers, so the orange splat got Paul Germain to helm the writing
>Arlene was quite the moral guardian (which would make her better off helming shows aimed at very young children) she often asked why the babies were fighting and hated Angelica (especially her catchphrase) Gabor was indifferent
>Paul (and his writing partner Joe Ansolabehere alongside a few other writers) left Rugrats for the Mouse House to create Recess
>Arlene and Gabor also got divorced, which didn't help (Arlene was not well liked by the writers/animators)
>>
>>80691898
Recess was awesome so that was good.
>>
Here's the article op was talking about

http://archive.is/l11c3
>>
Meanwhile in South Korea animators are dying from being overworked.
>>
>>80692108
CartoonBrew isn't really bad enough to use archive links. They have good writers outside of Amid's rants.
>>
>>80692221
Working for 8 hours at 18,000 won a hour is not being overworked you retard.
>>
Here's something on Doug during it's orange splat! run

>A writer complained that no kid would act like Doug (giving money he found to the police and such)
>Turns out that Doug was Jim Jinkins self insert (surprise surprise)
>>
>>80692400
>>80691898

Any reason why it's "Orange Splat" and not Nick? Some kind of insider term?
>>
>>80692716

Just my Nickname for Nick
>>
>>80693025
weird
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.