[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Stupid shit you've heard people on /co/ say
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 88
Thread images: 7
>"The Amazing Spider-Man is just like the Ultimate Spider-Man comics."
>>
>''I think this movie is going to flop.''
>>
>>80679430
You're correct.

People said that about Fant4stic and lo and behold they were wrong. It broke the box office and set a new trend for all other Superhero films to follow.
>>
>>80679471
Just because they were right one time doesn't mean they were right every other time. People said Guardians of the Galaxy and Ant-Man would flop.
>>
File: Ação - Watchmen.jpg (549 KB, 1080x1600) Image search: [Google]
Ação - Watchmen.jpg
549 KB, 1080x1600
>"If you liked the movie, you didnt understand the book."
>>
>>80679497
They also said Deadpool would flop.
>>
>>80679506
Which is true.
>>
>>80679506
I agree that it's a stupid statement, but when someone says "it's a perfect adaptation" I just want to barf.
>>
"Rorschach is a badass."
>>
>Peter Parker is boring. Miles is a much more interesting character.
That was not a fun conversation.
>>
>new 52 Suicide Squad is better because it has Harley Quinn in it
>pre 52 isn't canon because Harley is the founding member who named the squad
Was told this while buying Ostrander's volumes 1 and 2 of suicide squad.
>>
>Art should be about being inclusive and welcoming to everyone
>>
>I like The Punisher
>>
>>80679963
Does Miles even have a character beyond "Next Spider-Man"?
>>
>Batman is such a Mary Sue
>>
>>80680145
Fucking hell I need to make a copy pasta for this question.
>>
>>80679506
>>80680157
But these are true.
>>
>Red Son is Millar's best work
>>
>my favorite company is better than your favorite company!
I swear, I know people like one more than the otger, but it's not imfuckingpossible to enjoy both.
Also
>X Character can beat up Y character because of Z powerlevels
>>
>>80679471
even a broken clock is right twice a day
>>
File: abra-ka-byebye.jpg (66 KB, 599x402) Image search: [Google]
abra-ka-byebye.jpg
66 KB, 599x402
>capeshit this, capeshit that!

>big guy.. for you. lol. haha! fucking hilarious! :D

>why doesn't Batman just fuck Joker's shit up

>Eyes are too small, WAH WAH

>Organic web vs. Webshooters. oh boy, here we go, and yet again no one really gives a shit.

>Greg Land WAH! Liefield WAH WAH! Benis WAH WAH WAH! Hack Snyder WAAAAH! Let's just make a trash-talking thread for those guys, cause that's never been done before! Let's spit out the usual talking points like they mean shit anymore. YI-HAA!

>The movie wasn't like in my daddy's old funny mags, so the movie belongs in a garbage truck! Then again, the mags were shit too.
>>
>>80679631
it's been a while since i looked at both but aside from the space squid being swapped out or no black freighter what was really different?
>>
>>80680221
>Batman is a psychotic man-child who hasn't gotten over the death of his parents, which cases him to go out and beat up serial killers, but doesn't kill them due to his PTSD
>Mary sue
>>
>>80679413

wait it isnt?
>>
>>80681484
Not even close. The first Raimi Spider-Man has more in common with the early issues of Ultimate.
>>
>>80681929

During an ASM thread an anon had posted the panel from Ultimate SM having the same dialogue of Uncle Ben and Peter talking about responsibility word for word and it fooled me into thinking ASM was some adaptation of USM
>>
>>80682022
That's similar to how Trank's Fantastic Four outright lifted a singular scene from UFF...even though UFF was light, character focused, and colorful.
>>
Those people who complain that there's not enough realism in capeshit movies
>>
>>80679413
It was still closer to the comics than Raimi's ever was.
>>
>>80682022
>>80682074
I remember how Daredevil (2003) lifted Elektra's death scene and Bullseye's dialogue during it verbatim from the comics. Didn't make it a faithful adaptation as a whole though.
>>
>>80682111

ASM was just a souless product of corporate meddling
>>
>>80682204
And Raimi's was a butchered adaptation, what's your point?
>>
>>80679413
>The Raimi movies are perfect and have aged so well! They really set the gold standard for what a comic book movie should be!
>>
>>80682617

That overall Raimi's was a good movie even though it wasnt "faithful" adaptation
>>
>>80682751
And for all their flaws they didn't go to shit until like ASM they became the victim of that corporate meddling. I mean he outright stated he never wanted to do a venom story and go fig spidey 3 has venom shoehorned in there.

Though i think that fucking dance scene was all raimi. Good god.
>>
>>80682808
I wonder if Raimi had a "fuck it" attitude about the whole thing and intentionally sabotaged it with shit like the dance scene and the omelette scene.
>>
>>80679506
I understood the book, I understand people's greviances with the movie, but I still enjoyed it.
>>
>>80679413
>"Why doesn't Platinum Games use the Final Fantasy XV graphical engine to make the Ninja Turtles game?"
>>
File: hulk out of toliet paper.jpg (60 KB, 320x319) Image search: [Google]
hulk out of toliet paper.jpg
60 KB, 320x319
>>80679413
The Thing is stronger than the Hulk because The Thing is made of rock as oppose to flesh.
>>
>>80681423
>none of these things are ever considered flaws or weaknesses in the comics
>>
>>80682870
Same here. One of my fav comic books of all time. But honestly I enjoyed the movie for what it was.
>>
>>80680578
What are you implying is better?
>>
>>80682918
Starlight
>>
this wasn't on /co/ but i'm going to post it anyway
>Alex mercer would beat the hulks ass. He would just cut his throat with his claws and absorb him. Or infect him with the virus. Also hes stronger than the hulk because he can survive a nuclear blast.
>>
>>80682880
Because they're too busy using it to make the new Spider-Man movie
>>
File: batfags.png (327 KB, 427x400) Image search: [Google]
batfags.png
327 KB, 427x400
>Batman can defeat Spider-man.
>Spider-man doesn't have what it takes to survive in Gotham.
>Batman can defeat Spider-man's rogues.
>>
>>80682918
Old Man Logan, The Authority, Jupiter's Legacy.

Hell I enjoyed Red Son but id even put the ultimates above it.
>>
>>80682958
hey at least it isn't comicvine. I remember seeing a thread there where someone claimed fucking Nightwing could beat Spider-Man.
>He held his own against deathstroke!
>>
>TUMBLR TUMLR REDDIT TUMBLR!"
>>
>>80683226
That's really a 4chan-wide thing. I swear to God 4chan is more concerned about what tumblr thinks than tumblr itself is.
>>
>>80679413
It isn't just like it, but it takes most of its cues from it.
>>
>>80682918
superman adventures
>>
>>80682958
>>Batman can defeat Spider-man.
This one gets me so bad. I'm a much bigger fan of Batman but I REALLY hate how people always underestimate Spidey. Like, do people not understand that Spider-Man is actually fairly powerful as a metahuman? Dude has super strength, speed, agility, on a level that's far beyond anything Bruce regularly deals with on his own and he doesn't have any real weaknesses he can exploit in a fight either.

I don't think people realize that Spider-Man has lifted several tons before, regularly holds back his punches so that he doesn't accidentally KILL people by just punching holes in their skulls or whatever, can dodge bullets or at least accurately predict WHERE someone will fire milliseconds before getting out of the way, etc. Spider-Sense motherfucker. It's not even really a contest, Spider-Man would absolutely stomp if he was motivated, angry, and just decided that he was going to end the conflict as quickly as possible.

Shit, if this were SpOck, Bruce would be very severely injured, in a manner of seconds.

Maybe if Batman had preptime he could come up with something but without any, he loses so fast, it's not even funny.

>>Spider-man doesn't have what it takes to survive in Gotham.
>>Batman can defeat Spider-man's rogues.
These are pretty kek as well.
>>
>>80683001
>The Authority

That's funny, because I distinctly recall The Authority going to shit after Millar replaced Ellis.
>>
>>80684182
I felt thats kind of when it really took off. The three ellis arcs were great but alot of it boiled down to 'holy shit look at all this shit flying at earth' with the Authority fighting a million shitty drones of some kind. I dug how Millar had them deposing dictators, effecting global politics, overstepping boundaries, and taking on actual characterized super groups. The Ellis/Hitch days were great for how HUGE the situations were and how big the consequences were. But the Millar/Quitely days I thought surpassed em as far as interesting stories with them handling shit differently from the typical super hero group.
>>
>>80683226
I just hate how people say something is Tumblr or Reddit like it actually means something.
>>
>>80684884
Nothing people say online means anything anymore.
cuck, autist, edgey, tumblrina, newfag. Its all just 'hey that guy said it so ill say it to' gunk which boils down to 'thing I don't like or agree with'.

It's an easy go to for the online personality who has no actual personality or the ability to come up with something original. So why not parrot shit someone else squawked?
>>
>>80679506
>From the visionary director of 300
PFFFFFFT
>>
>>80680144
The movie, The game, the person or the comic?
>>
>>80685445
yes.
>>
Amazing Spider-Man 1 was pretty good overall. 2 was a real stinker, but I got a giggle out of watching it.
>>
>>80687487
I'm the opposite. Well no not really. 2 i consider okay. There are things I like. But ASM1....I hate it more than spider-man 3. Id rather watch the evil toby macguire scenes in three repeated for 2 hours than watch ASM1 again. I think the only thing about that entire fucking movie I did not hate was the way he made wisecracks in the suit, and maybe the one scene in the school where hes fighting the lizard and hes just webbing up his whole body. But its all destroyed by the end with that goddamn crane scene.

that fucking goddamn crane scene.
>>
>>80688315
Also in reference to this shit. Did anyone besides me really really like the way ASM2 ended. I feel like im the only one. And so many complaind going 'what theres no actual rhino fight thats dumb?'. But I dug it. It felt like a great comic book moment. The 'well im over that shit and now its on to the next issues adventure'. With the credits cutting in right as he leaps in using his webbing to swing about a manhole cover to deflect rockets.

It's like the fight would just be needless fluff and isnt the point. The point is spider-man is back on the job and doing something he loves and obviously hes gonna come out on top because hes spider-man.
>>
>>80688315
>that fucking goddamn crane scene.
Literally no different from the subway train scene where all the new yorkers go
>YOU GO THREW IM YA GO THREW ALL A US!
>everyone: YEAH!
>>
>>80688315
>>80687487
ASM1 was a much more consistently good movie than any other Spider-Man movie (except maybe 2, which I personally don't like much but will acknowledge is bretty technically good) but it gets a ton of hate for stupid reasons like being a reboot and "not muh Tobey". Tobey was bad. The only really bad thing in the film IS the crane scene, which I still maintain was nowhere near as bad as the SM1 bridge scene, SM2 train scene, or all of SM3.

ASM2 was unfortunately simultaneously the best Spider-Man film and the absolute worst. Its high points are the best film Spidey we've ever gotten, but it was ruined by meddling so it ended up with a really wonky plot and too much going on.
>>
>>80688393
Nah that felt endearing and sensible as they were all there and he had just saved him.

The fact that these craneworkers were all lined up perfectly and the one hed saved earlier just happened to be there was fucking retarded. Not to mention spider-man could have just used goddamn buildings to swing on as far as I know. Don't get me wrong, theyre both absolute gushy sap. Same as the 'you mess with one of us you mess with all of us' post 9/11 bridge scene in the first spider-man. But neither of those ever felt quite as fucking phoned in and idiotic as that crane scene.
>>
>>80688561
I thought it was really funny and enjoyed the scene.

Was it retarded? Yeah. But it's a superhero movie, the whole thing is retarded because superheroes are just nonsense fun.
>>
>>80684031
Yeah but Parker's retarded and jobs all the time
>>
>>80688561
>Nah that felt endearing and sensible
No, it really didn't. Your free to like and hate what you want, but it's just irritating to see people be selective with what they hate and how they let some things slide just because it was a part o their childhood.
>>
>>80688540
I completley disagree with 1 being the more consistently good one.
Peter parkers porky pig stuttering was obnoxious, the action set pieces were almost all a complete fucking bore, the story was tired as shit and felt like window dressing to have spider-man become spider-man rather than a cool villain plot on its own.

It had positive ideas i'll admit, but they felt squandered. Mainly the relationship between parker and gwen stacy, or the search for his uncles killer being the thing that kinda steamrolls into him becoming spider-man rather than him just losing his uncle and deciding to fight crime in general.

I just found it to be such a fucking chore to watch.
>>
>>80688627
I'm 34. none of the spider-man movies were anywhere near my fucking childhood dude. I even harp on the 90s animated series which I love but I can see the faults of. This aint nostalgia goggles. Fact is I gave perfectly reasonable reasons why I thought those kinds of sappy scenes worked in the raimi films but didn't in the ASM film. You wanna dismiss that and go 'oh hes just being selective because one was part of his childhood', hey feel free. But sorry that aint the case.
>>
>>80688378
Nah man, that scene was fucking great. Possibly best scene in the movie.
>>
>The new Spider-Man outfit is 100% CGI and looks like it's from a PS2 game
>>
>>80688641
ASM1 actually did clever things with the character and actually worked in the gadgety elements of Spider-man more than the other movies. By itself the scene of Spidey actually creating a web in the sewers to find and catch someone like an actual fucking Spider does puts it above all of the other movies in terms of actually making use of the fact that he is Spider-man.

I'm not really prepared to really go to bad for the acting or the script but ASM1 more than any other Spider-man movie makes by far the best use of the character in terms of his abilities and fighting style. He moves and fights like Spider-man and does things only Spider-man can. The fight choreography, the use of webs and web swinging mid combat, especially to launch himself around an enclosed space. It's so far beyond the Raimi movies in those terms.

Generally they don't have the character do much more than swing and climb on walls.
>>
>>80688801
Fun fact: Andrew Garfield came up with it and wrote it.
>>
File: 1457644486139.jpg (36 KB, 465x349) Image search: [Google]
1457644486139.jpg
36 KB, 465x349
>>80688823
>le spiderman outfit is 100% cgi meme
its just his eyes m8
>>
>ASM2 was great, it had a wisecracking spidey just like the comics!
>The Spiderverse is going to show the MEMECU how to do it.
>>
>>80688851
I mean look at this shit. The way he moves, the way he incorporates webbing into his fighting, the actual spider-like crawling over Dr Connors as he wraps him in a web, the launching himself between the legs using web. The Amazing Spider-Man movies might have fucked up in a lot of ways as movies but none of the other movies even comes close to ASM1's use of the Spider-Man character's abilities and choreography.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=10fno5Qpm7w
>>
>>80688851
The thing is the spider like stuff he does i feel is offset by just how lame the fights are otherwise. They feel so clumsy and lack the kind of sensation and punch they needed.

Yeah the fact he is using his webbing like that is cool. But take that sewer example. What do they even do with that. They have this gorgeous set up with spider-man using the webs to kinda see where shits coming from with vibrations and all that. then BOOM lizard appears....aaaaand theres some grabbing, a fall, a kick to the face, and spider-man swims away. Theyre in a sewer and there could have been an amazing moment but it was just unique idea....lame execution of it.
>>
>>80689020
Yeah i actually mentioned that moment as one of the two things I liked about this movie. That and his wisecracks while in suit. Just didn't like the rest of the movie.
>>
>>80689072
But look at the Raimi movies. He swings to get around and stuff but after that he basically just punches dudes a lot, it's not unique to Spider-Man, it's generic and you could replace him with anyone really.

But in ASM1 he's actually Spiderman and he does whatever a spider can. He spins a web, any size and catches thieves just like flies. In Raimi Spider-Man sure he's strong I mean he's got radioactive blood. But can he swing from a thread and take a look overhead? I say no.
>>
>>80689020
This is my favorite fight from any Spider-Man movie.

Yes, better than the Doc Ock train fight.

Come the fuck at me.
>>
>>80689354
I can't blame you, it's simple fact that it's the best.
>>
>>80680157

This is fucking correct though.
>>
>>80681423

>Batman, a fucking rich normal human in a batshit can go toe to toe with a fucking god that shoots fire out of his eyes and can punch through steel because of prep time.

>Not a Mary Sue.
>>
>>80682617

Raimi's films were fucking leagues better.
>>
>>80680145
Don't forget that he's black.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kga2soqvMF0
>>
File: image_11.jpg (49 KB, 649x649) Image search: [Google]
image_11.jpg
49 KB, 649x649
>Batman is so much better than Superman because Superman is invincible and boring
>lol Batman could totally kick Superman's ass because he's always ready for everything
Thread replies: 88
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.