[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How does the Smurf population stay stable when there's only
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 6
File: last.png (25 KB, 440x206) Image search: [Google]
last.png
25 KB, 440x206
How does the Smurf population stay stable when there's only one female? Does she lay eggs? Are they like ants and she is the queen?
>>
It's a kids' show, ans so we can safely assume that smurfs' reproductive systems do not work like peoples', since kids don't actually know what that is anyway.
>>
File: smurphette.jpg (22 KB, 271x264) Image search: [Google]
smurphette.jpg
22 KB, 271x264
that's one sexy jelly bean
>>
File: Wild_Smurf_Page_21.jpg (204 KB, 672x900) Image search: [Google]
Wild_Smurf_Page_21.jpg
204 KB, 672x900
Smurfette's not even a real smurf, Gargamel created her.
I was trying to find scans from that story, but found this instead. So I guess baby smurfs normally get delivered by storks.
>>
Smurfs don't procreate. There are 100 of them and there always will be. They don't age. The ones who are older have always been older. Baby smurf is doomed to forever be a baby.
>>
http://youtu.be/StzFZNWeMAY
>>
Smurfette's not an actual 'female Smurf' she's just a crossdresser Gargamel made.
>>
>>80674868

Either through binary fission or parthenogenesis.

... Or maybe they just simply get dug up from the ground or some shit I don't fuckin' know.
>>
>>80674868
They don't reproduce at all. Babies are brought by a stork when there's a blue moon.
And Smurfette isn't part of the natural order. Gargamel created her as part of one of his plans, they just kinda kept her around after foiling it.
>>
>>80674868
Please tell me what film you're quoting it's driving me mad
>>
>>80675211
Those.
Smurfettte isn't a Smurf.
Storks deliver regular Smurfs.
Canonically speaking.
>>
>>80676632
Of fuck you're right,
>>
>>80674868
Because it doesn't need females. The creator wrote the smurfs to be an ideal utopia where a small group of men with their own professions and strengths could come together and make a stable community. The guy was pretty sexist but when people pointed out his idea for an ideal world was "pretty gay" he introduced Smurfette as Gargamel's ploy to poison the community by causing infighting and distraction from work. Eventually she joined the cast to get rid of any perceived homosexuality, but in the comics she was still useless and the cause of most problems. Even getting a makeover because she didn't feel pretty enough.

When Hanna-Barbara cartoons met with the creator to get notes on the characters, they were interested in pushing Smurfette as a main character (in part because token female, but she also had an interesting story as a fake smurf). The author derided them because, as a woman, she had no profession other than looking good and trying to squirrel away men with her feminine wiles. Needless to say, HB went their own route with her.

But yeah, smurfs originated as a gay society by a closeted creator who would probably shit himself if he knew anyone shipped his little blue men with a woman.
>>
>>80676632
There was a discussion bringing up almost exactly word for word those arguments in the venture bros one time.
>>
>>80675255
>They don't age.
Tu racontes de la merde , anon. That's bullshit.
Smurf age, they just have huge lifespans (see the hunger of the smurfs)
>>
>>80676600
This.
>>
>>80676703
>>80676536
>>
>>80675211
But where does the stork get the babies? Does it make them?
>>
File: penguin.webm (241 KB, 380x211) Image search: [Google]
penguin.webm
241 KB, 380x211
>>80674868
Penguins have an organ behind their eyes that converts salt water into freshwater.
>>
>>80676710
To be fair Smurf canon is even more confusing than Marsupilami's.
>>
File: licence_to_shill_connery2.jpg (48 KB, 500x356) Image search: [Google]
licence_to_shill_connery2.jpg
48 KB, 500x356
>>80676756
https://youtu.be/QChRW52UwvI
>>
>>80676632
I thought it was Donnie Darko but the smurf discussion in that movie went differently, looks like the Venture Bros clip's closer to OP's wording.
>>
>>80676770
It doesn't help that some stories like robot smurf were purely alimentary work (in the original publication, it was a giant animated pot of benco (some breakfast paste) and had to be changed for the hardcover).
And the fact that the authors after peyo were far from stellar didn't help.
>>
>>80676786
Are they saying Jim Beam tastes distinctly like Sean Connery?
>>
>>80676826
Les Français parlent aux Français, breh. I know Benco.
I didn't know there were even authors after Peyo, he wasn't even that fantastic to begin with. And the Smurfs are his best work.
>>
>>80676786
>this could have been a movie where Jason Statham has to deliver a baby as a stork?
>>
>>80676702
What kind of drivel is this? Gargamel wanted to create his own smurf to turn into gold. Hence smurfette.

Destroy them with infighting, bleh.
>>
>>80676799
I think Donnie Darko's discussion was more about how slutty Smurfette had to be to sate an entire village
>>
File: seal rapists.webm (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
seal rapists.webm
2 MB, 1920x1080
>>80676763
seals are known to rape penguins
>>
>>80676887
>Tout d'abord, quelques messages personnels.
Most of Johan and Pirlouit is pretty good too imo : La guerre des 7 fontaines, le serment des vikings, la source des dieux,... Solid med-fan. But I can't stand the rest of his work, like Poussy or Benoit Brisefer.

>>80677079
Smurfette is some sort of homunculus, she's not a real smurf until papa smurf gives her a potion to change her looks (and even after that I'm not sure she really is a smurf). As the series goes on, Gargamel is losing sight of his initial goal and gets focused more and more on revenge and annihilation anyways.
>>
>>80676702
oh shit, i never considered that smurfette is the only one without a job
>>
>>80678288
>rape
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.