[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Homestar Runner?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 3
File: 108.png (209 KB, 1280x862) Image search: [Google]
108.png
209 KB, 1280x862
Alright, /co/, I've been wondering for the longest time: What is the general consensus of the Homestar Runner cartoons here?
>>
>>80665276
its good thats why /co/ doesn't talk about it
>>
The only good thing is Strong bad
>>
>This summer
>This holiday season
>This Arbor Day
>some smelly French studio invites YOU to sit through a four hour film with no dialogue
>and no plot.
>>
>>80665276
It's the monty python of webtoons. infinitely quotable, nothing much to actually talk about story or characterwise
>>
>>80665276
/co/ loves it, there was a shitstorm of excitement when the site came back from the dead.
>>
>>80665508
But what about the DNA evidence?
>>
To this day, it's the best web cartoon ever created.
>>
>>80665910
>AaAaAa, these Easter pants are getting waAaAy too tight!
>>
File: reflectingonlife.gif (371 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
reflectingonlife.gif
371 KB, 500x375
>>80665276
They used to brighten my Monday mornings.
>>
>>80666034
i could go for a good aimless float through the arctic.. maybe inside a wet barrel
>>
>>80665910
The DNA evidence is gone!
>>
Am I the only one who liked the Telltale game?
>>
>>80665276
Homestar Runner cartoons are like a modestly hot girl. You know, the kind that are only sorta hot so they don't mess around with other guys.
>>
>>80668314
how can you not like it? it was fucking amazing. every single one was just a magnum opus of the individual things they make fun of (sports, video games, music, hilarious dumb fake national politics)
>>
>>80665313
Hey Crapface! Why dontcha blow it out your ear!
>>
>>80668433
They have gotten me through some hard times.
>>80668468
>you bwoke it
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b-x2Il9QXuA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=votBDwhTu1E

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r2k7m1ko7NM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uVWqR3t4CTs

The original songs are amazing. Plus fucking They Might Be Giants
>>
Like all actually good things /co/ doesn't constantly talk about it because we're all in agreement. There's no controversy and sadly, no new content.
>>
>>80668498
I'm forever your girl!
>>
>>80668564
>no controversy
son, are you smoking dork? homestar gave us the greatest controversy since skub
so which is it? i'm not letting you off without taking a side here
Sid Hoffman?
or Sid Frenchman?
>>
Everybody likes Homestar Runner.
>>
>>80668623
which one of them is more tumblr?
>>
>>80668547
Literally the greatest album ever

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4h63YwE_hEQ
>>
>>80668660
He is a terrific athlete.
>>
He did a pretty good joreb, hence the lack of anything to say other than it's good.
>>
>>80668564
If it had more waifus we might see more discussion, but that kinda goes without saying.
Ya sick fucks.
>>
Homestar Runner is the best thing Web 2.0 ever produced.
>>
>>80668705
>Implying What's Her Face isn't waifu-tier.
>>
>>80668756
oh god, i think she has a chance with me
>>
>>80668789
She's been courted by multiple Gregs. At the very least, she can tolerate us.
>>
>>80668623
This is the dumbest game I've ever heard.

Sid Hoff...FRENCHmen...
>>
>>80668756
And the chumbly wumbly bear came a tumblin down! Did he sell beans? Lord no! Did he sell eggs? Lord no! But he couldn't and he wouldn't and he shouldn't so he stapled it down!
>>
>>80668695
>Everybody loves The Me! I'm a terrific athlete!
>>
>>80668983
>what's-her-face
>ate staple sauce
>a heaping bowl
>of staple sauce

>then crazy
>learnerspermitgirl
>gavemearide
>to Babbage's
>>
>>80669196
What?! They don"t got no Turbographx games?!
>>
tumblr shit
>>
>>80669866
Sever your leg, please. It's the greatest day.
>>
>>80669196
>>80669471
AIN'T NO TEEN GIRL
>>
>>80668547

Plus Strong Bad on Steve Albini's Shellac.
>>
>>80670434
just looked that up
kinda sounds like something strong sad might listen to when he was really really sleepy
>>
TOONS
GAMES
CHARACTERS
>>
>>80671695
dddEEEmayul
>>
>>80668564
What is there to talk about besides just endless quotes and memes?
I hate this place as much as everyone else, but if there were new Homestar Runner eps being made there would be threads about it.
>>
>>80668547
R - A - P
S - O
N - G

YES YES
>>
File: nice.gif (2 MB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
nice.gif
2 MB, 320x240
It was great like 14 years ago or whatever, and when i wasted an hour or so watching it last year it was still just as good.

Everyone actually agrees about this. It was good.
>>
>>80673077
I have listened to Fish Eye Lens about 30 times in the past 2 days.
>>
I SAID YOU DID A GOOD JEEEEERRRRBBBBB
>>
>>80673095
It got moderately worse near the end. I remember noticing a quality drop off around 2006.
>>
The Magnum opus of the internet
>>
>>80673202
The whole thing went to shit the instant they replaced Onion Bubs.
>>
>>80665276
I think the true success of Homestar Runner is that it somehow succeeds to be bizarre and yet universally beloved. Not everyone "gets" it, but everyone likes it. Your grandma could watch the show and have no idea what that no armed white guy is about but she'll still laugh at it.

The only people I've seen that don't like Homestar Runner are people who never heard of it.
>>
>>80668314
The SBCG4AP episodes were pretty cool, but they did feel like just extra-long regular episodes with some point'n'click added in. Very much a "why pay for what you can get for free" sort of thing.
Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.