[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
With people praising the new Spidey suit, why did people hate
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4
With people praising the new Spidey suit, why did people hate this one when they're virtually identical minus the eyes?
>>
>>80645146
I thought the suit was one of the better things about that film.
>>
>>80645146
>raised webbing
>grimdark shit
>taticool shoes
>eyes to big
>shit actor behind the mask
>shit movies
>buzzword
take your pick
>>
>>80645185
>My feet hurt
>The movies too loud
>I wish I was at home shitposting on /co/
>>
File: ASC_Spiderman2_Suit_v5_9_28_121.jpg (254 KB, 1745x1115) Image search: [Google]
ASC_Spiderman2_Suit_v5_9_28_121.jpg
254 KB, 1745x1115
>>80645179
This. Although I contend it would've looked better with black instead of blue.
>>
>>80645146
>horrible long legged symbol on the chest that Spider-Man never had in the comics
>no fat spider on the back like the comics
>no belt with web cartridges, no belt at all in fact
>no emotive eyes
>eyes not in Romita's style
>eyes unnecessarily reflexive
>raised webbing
>basketball texture
>Andrew too tall and lanky, make the entire thing look awkward
>the costume's blue is too light colored
>weird shoes
>>
>>80645746
>that Spider-Man never had in the comics
before someone nitpick this I meant "that I don't remember Spider-Man having in the comics" I'm sure someone can find an artist who drew it like that to out-autism me
>>
>>80645146
The texture is what bothered me most, he's like a basketball or something, if that was gone I'd probably be fine with it, other than the shoes everything else is nitpicks
>>
Lots of people are forgetting that spiderman's addition to the film was done later than what everyone was expecting because of how the marvel / sony sell played out. The CGI isn't even remotely done on spidey either.

It's just people jumping the gun early.
>>
>>80645146
>With people praising the new Spidey suit
More like /co/ praise it.
>>
>>80645146
The suit isn't bad except for the fucked up shoes and gloves

Loved the lenses and elongated spider

As a whole the film wasn't terrible either. It was on par with Raimi's original and the only Spidey films that I thought were ok. Still don't get why people like Spider-Man 2. Wasn't as bad as ASM2 but it's so blah.
>>
>>80645903
People love drama.
>>
>>80645903
Spidey 2 was character development and a lot of homages while delivering great shit.

Shame it had too much Peter Parker.

also, SM1 was a lot better than ASM1, though it's just my personal taste. I watched both and they both had good things too offer. I just preferred the former more.
>>
>>80645146
>when they're virtually identical minus the eyes?

Are you blind?
Among a slew of dramatically different things, the new one doesn't look like a human basketball.
>>
>>80645146
For a suit that's supposed to be the first try of a teenager shit's kinda too elaborate.
Yeah, Raimi's was professional-looking too, but at least (ignoring the webs) that looked like actual fabric and the patterns were relatively simple, while instead TASM's suit has all those weird curves and design choices, must've been hell to put them together. And it's weird because they bothered to explain the eyes (they were sunglasses), but what was all the rest, just a fancy ski suit? Then in TASM2 they didn't even try to explain why he got a new costume
>>
>>80645146
The suit was the best part of ASM2.

Didn't make up for shit story.
>>
File: shit.jpg (14 KB, 153x116) Image search: [Google]
shit.jpg
14 KB, 153x116
>>80646103
>Among a slew of dramatically different things, the new one doesn't look like a human basketball.

Right, it's just a football
>>
>>80645146
>>80645695

Is everybody ITT fucking stupid? You're all talking about the ASM1 costume, which people hated

Everybody loved the ASM2 costume, which is pic related
>>
>>80645146
>With people praising the new Spidey suit
they aren't
marvel fanboys are defending attacks about how awful it is
>>
shilling
>>
>>80645146
>people arguing what Spiderman suit is best
>X-men have been wearing tacticool shit since X1
>wolverine is either shirtless or wearing white trash tank top

First world problems
>>
>>80647861
>marvel fanboys are defending attacks about how awful it is

Anon, you're delusional.
>>
>>80645146
But they ain't the same.

Anyway though, while I didn't like this costume at first, it quickly grew on me. It was a unique Spidey suit and different from the same boring old design. I just wish they had kept it also for ASM2.

I mean, the ASM2 suit looks great, but it wasn't as disntict as the ASM1 suit.
>>
>>80646429
In the TASM 2 game , it tells you on the suit description that it was made by Gwen.
>>
>>80649026
Well, not many praise it lurk outside 4chan and Marvel site then you'll see.
>>
Because MCU.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.