[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What was your favorite movie of the Disney Bronze Era, basically
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 9
File: 2000s.jpg (2 MB, 2560x2560) Image search: [Google]
2000s.jpg
2 MB, 2560x2560
What was your favorite movie of the Disney Bronze Era, basically that area between Fantasia 2000 and (depending on who you ask) Bolt/PotF, even though I'd consider PotF as part of the New Renaissance
>>
>>80632121
>Bronze era
>Not the dark age
>>
>>80632121
The Emperor's New Groove > Lilo & Stitch > Bolt > Treasure Planet >The Princess and the Frog > Meet the Robinsons > Atlantis the Lost Empire > Brother Bear > Fantasia 2000 > Home on the Range > Dinosaur > Chicken Little
>>
>>80632169
Dark AGE was everything between Brother Bear and PoTF though Meet the Robinsons wasn't that bad
>>
There's literally no other answer besides Emperor's New Groove or Lilo and Stitch, just look at that fucking image man. Has a single human being ever seen Home on the Range?
>>
Treasure Planet and Atlantis are Amazing
The Emperor New Groove is good
Maybe, MAYBE if you force a lot Brother Bear can pass as good too
But the rest are pure shit
>>
>>80632121
>Pick your poison
Meet the robinsons i guess
>>
>>80632235
Unfortunately me
>>
Why did Atlantis not get popular anyway?
>>
File: i'm lost.jpg (110 KB, 500x293) Image search: [Google]
i'm lost.jpg
110 KB, 500x293
I don't think Disney will be ever able to top Lilo & Stitch greatness.
>>
>>80632635
It's called Frozen though
>>
Good
- Lilo & Stitch
- Emperor's New Groove
- Atlantis the lost empire
- Treasure Planet

Decent
- Meet the Robinsons
- Dinosaur
- Bolt

Okay
- Princess and the frog
- Brother Bear

Bad
- Home on the range

Hot Fucking Garbage!
- Chicken Little
>>
>>80633329
>- Dinosaur
No this was shit
>>
Lilo and Stitch, which is probably their third darkest film behind Hunchback and Zootopia.
>>
>>80632121
Emperor's New Groove.

>>80632215
>>80632235
>>80633329
Mah muggas!
>>
>>80632121
Treasure Planet > The Emperor's New Groove > Atlantis > the rest
>>
>>80633329
move Dinosaur to "Okay" and we are set.
>>
>>80634006
>>80636965
Honestly I still like it more, yeah it cliche as fuck and the main character is pretty forgettable. But I still remember more from that movie than anything than from Brother Bear.
>>
File: yes.png (2 MB, 1010x912) Image search: [Google]
yes.png
2 MB, 1010x912
>>80632121
Since Lasseter and Catmull merged during 2008 IIRC I would consider Meet the Robinsons to be the last movie of the bronze age.
>>
I feel like I'm the only person on the planet who liked Chicken Little.

Brother Bear and Home on the Range are garbage, tho.
>>
File: 1442777971045.jpg (54 KB, 609x566) Image search: [Google]
1442777971045.jpg
54 KB, 609x566
>>80633229
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Oh man, that's a good one Anon! I almost believed you for a second!
>>
Lilo and Stitch is a classic t-b-q-h-f-a-m
>>
>>80638132
What happened in the 60's and 70's?
>>
>>80632121

Princess and the Frog
>>
File: CuteAnnaSmile.gif (3 MB, 436x360) Image search: [Google]
CuteAnnaSmile.gif
3 MB, 436x360
>>80633329
I can get behind this ranking. Princess and the frog was better than okay however familia.
>>
File: dank.jpg (3 MB, 4362x3240) Image search: [Google]
dank.jpg
3 MB, 4362x3240
>>80638288
Just wanted to start Disney thread.
>>
>>80638376
what the fuck does that have to do with his question.

To answer anon I think disney sort of took a break from animated features for two decades, focusing on live action.
>>
>>80638420
Like what?
other than song of the /pol/
>>
>>80638288
That lul is between the rise of TV and the rise of VHS
>>
>>80632235
I saw it in theaters when I was like 8.
>>
>>80632121

>Not a traditional movie so hard to judge tier
Fantasia 2000

>Good Tier
Lilo and Stitch
Atlantis
Treasure Planet

>Surprisingly Good Tier
Meet the Robinsons

>While not a fantastic movie, had great comedy and did a good job of picking up the pieces of an otherwise abandoned project Tier
The Emperor's New Groove

>Felt kind of forced, but had some pretty good parts Tier
The Princess and the Frog

>Dropped the ball and wasted a perfect setting Tier
Brother Bear

>Didn't Care For Tier
Home on the Range
Dinosaur

>LOL Didn't Watch Tier
Bolt
>>
>>80638755
>So shitty I forgot it even with a list showing it Tier
Chicken Little
>>
>>80632635
>Reminder that John Lasseter disliked "Lilo and Stitch", and fired Chris Sanders from "American Dog" because it wasn't generic Disney-shit.
>>
>>80638196
Why is that? I'm genuinely curious.
>>
>>80638470
Pete's Dragon, Mary Poppins, Darby O'Gill and the Little People.

And Song of the South is not nearly as offensive as people pretend it is
>>
Home on the Range wasn't that bad, it had a cute style, the animation was nice, and the villain's song was fucking great
>>
>>80632121
Hands down either The Emperor's New Groove or Lilo & Stitch.

Sadly I was only made aware of how good Meet the Robinsons was only recently by some critic that /co/ was/is Tsundre over. But it seemed very charming.
>>
>>80633329
Switch Home on the range and chicken little. Anyone who says Home on the range was better than chicken little is a fucking retard.
>>
File: 1328315290535.gif (565 KB, 291x231) Image search: [Google]
1328315290535.gif
565 KB, 291x231
Lilo & Stitch is the best by a wide margin. It's original, funny, emotional, and evocative. It is a genuine labor of love, and it shows in every aspect of the production.

Then comes Princess and the Frog. It's really good- probably my favorite Disney musical soundtrack, one of the best Disney villains, its a distillation of what made 90s Disney movies great. Also, it absolutely should be paired with the newer Disney lineup- in terms of corporate purposes, it absolutely has more in line with the more modern teams and spirit towards animation, and for thematic purposes, its a nice return to form before elaborating upon the successes of the past in the modern era.

The Emperor's New Groove is also pretty good. Probably the funniest Disney movie?

Bolt and Meet the Robinson's are surprisingly charming films. Neither is great- far from it- but they're nice. A large part of this is probably expecting them to be bad and being surprised.

Conversely, Brother Bear is surprisingly dull. It has all of the elements of the 90s Disney films that made them enjoyable, but nothing comes together- its just a boring movie. God, I want to love this movie, but I can't stand to watch it.

Treasure Planet and Atlantis are cool. They both have some pretty drastic shortcomings that make me hesitate from actually calling them good, but they've got some good ideas in there, and win some bonus points for awe-inspiring art.

Dinosaur and Chicken Little are bad. Of the two, Chicken Little at least has a couple decent jokes and a passing attempt at producing sympathy. Dinosaur is just a huge fossilized turd.

I've never seen Fantasia 2000 or Home on the Range. I suspect Fantasia 2000 is Good, and Home on the Range is bad.
>>
>>80632121
Emperor's New Groove. Although, I watched Chicken Little probably a few more times than I should've, mostly because it was on, and mostly because of Zack Braff.
>>
File: tumblr_m3di89CbEJ1r3c3dgo7_400.jpg (24 KB, 400x238) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_m3di89CbEJ1r3c3dgo7_400.jpg
24 KB, 400x238
>>80638910
>American Dog feels
As much as I wish I could see this movie completed, hearing that Sanders was trying to make a movie that was legitimately too weird to function is not unreasonable. He strikes me as the kind of guy that needs to be carefully reigned in by producers and co-workers lest he just goes batshit over the entire production.
>>
>>80632121
Whoever doesnt say Stitch is a faggot
>>
New Groove and Atlantis are superb, but Lilo and Stitch is also great. I didn't see most of these because they held no appeal to me as a kid when they were in theaters, except maybe Treasure Planet but I don't remember it being in theaters and didn't bother seeking it out on VHS/DVD. I saw Dinosaurs when I was 5 and have weird haunting memories of it but nothing to form an opinion on.
>>
In on particular order.
>Fantasia 2000
>Atlantis
>Treasure Planet
>Lilo and Stitch
>Emperor's New Groove

I feel like this era was sort of forgettable, but I'm not sure how accurate that is. It's my impression that Facilier from Princess and the Frog was pretty popular, and everybody remembers Lilo and Stitch (does Emperor's New Groove get the same recognition, I fucking loved it as a kid).

Although Dinosaur and Chicken Little get my vote for worst, I'm not sure if this era produced any more flops than any other decade or period in Disney's history.
>>
Lilo&Stitch... Emperor's New Groove... Please report to the arena. You will be fighting to the death for my favor.
>>
>>80632121
Lilo & Stitch
Tangled is the first movie of their new era. PotF is clearly pretty strongly aligned with the "we have no idea what the fuck we want to do" era.
>>
>>80633329
This is about where I'd put everything desu
>>
>>80641983
Chicken Little is a disaster though. It's sub-Dreamworks tier. The CGI is somehow worse than Dinosaur's even though it was made after. It's worse than Shark Tale.
>>
File: 1453504975096.jpg (50 KB, 411x595) Image search: [Google]
1453504975096.jpg
50 KB, 411x595
>>80641983
Well i'm not going to change it now, you just called me a retard.

So rude.
>>
Lilo & Stitch is my favourite animated movie of all time so... yeah that.
Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.