[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Steven Universe will never have as many games as Adventure
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 8
File: AT vidoooEs.jpg (560 KB, 1106x1174) Image search: [Google]
AT vidoooEs.jpg
560 KB, 1106x1174
>Steven Universe will never have as many games as Adventure Time

suffering.
>>
>>80613595
>gumball still doesn't have a single game
>>
>>80613595
Well, all the AT games (except maybe the first one for DS/3DS and the MOBA for PC) really suck, so that's not a big accomplishment.
>>
>>80613625
this, it's really really sad. pen said straight away he wanted cool monsterhuntery games for adventure time, and he started drawing up designs to give to the game makers
but in the end we got these incredibly generic pieces of crap. GOod writing and all, but nowhere near as much fun as they should be
>>
>>80613595
those game are all QUALITY
>>
>>80613623
>implying
>OP does not mention mobile games
What's wrong with those?
>>
File: file.png (801 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
file.png
801 KB, 1280x720
I played the dungeon crawling one with some friends once. Mfw Marceline is so fucking broken.
>>
>>80613625
Secret of the Nameless Kingdom is fun, once you start knowing what you need to do.
>>
Gravity Falls console game fucking when?
>>
>>80613595
An SU RPG given to the right company could make an excellent game. Attack on light was very good and worth the buy.
>>
>>80613714
In general, WayForward and Little Orbit aren't very high-budget developers, so a monster hunter game would be a bit out of their scope.

Particularly with franchises not owned by game companies, there are often a lot of disagreements on both design and budget that make it difficult to put together a high quality game. TV/movie companies like Cartoon Network are basically used to giving their series to shovelware developers like Activision or Ubisoft so they can make dogshit games for a quick buck, so it makes it difficult when a company wants to put together a legitimately good game for them.
>>
>>80613595
Are those game any good?
>>
>>80613595
All those games are shit though.
>>
>>80614151
I've been meaning to ask for opinions on the 3DS gravity falls game. How's that one?
>>
File: 1457567621762.png (223 KB, 510x346) Image search: [Google]
1457567621762.png
223 KB, 510x346
>SU's three dollar mobile game was better than all of those combined
>>
>>80613595

> SU game

We already have that. Go play Undertale.
>>
We'll never have a SU Game made by Platinum Games controlling all the Gems plus Peridot (in a robot) and Lapis, using all fusions and with a Metal version of Stronger than you as final boss theme.
>>
>>80616210
Confirmed. Tried to play the DS game (Hey Ice King!) and played the dungeon crawler one, neither of them were as engaging as the SU mobile game.
>>
>>80613880
whats that you say? marceline's overpowered? no fucking shit, im glad the video game got it right
>>
I really liked Ice king garbage w/e, but the SU one really outdid it.
God the other AT ones are thrash.
>>
>>80613852
>mobile games
Theres the problem right there
>>
>>80616220
>We already have that. Go play Undertale.
Shots fired!
>>
Dynasty Warriors set during the Gem Wars
>>
>>80617674
>>80616471

I thought was Hey Ice King was really fun. It was sort of like a much less awful Zelda II. I like the world map exploration and the sprites. It was a really neat idea but unfortunately it felt like half a game that stops abruptly. But what was there was really good.
>>
>>80618257
>less awful Zelda II
>Zelda II bad
Not this meme again
>>
>>80616220
Man you didn't even try
>>
File: FP.jpg (85 KB, 913x589) Image search: [Google]
FP.jpg
85 KB, 913x589
>>80616155
HIKWYSOG is alright, and is basically Zelda II.
Secret of the Nameless Kingdom is alright, but frustrating if you don't know exactly what you're doing, and it's basically A Link to the Past.
Finn and Jake Investigations is sort of just there, though I haven't played it.
and ETDBIDK is tedious unless you have friends playing with you. It isn't that good.
and then >>80613625 mentions the MOBA, which is just a game on the website, which is actually pretty decent for a babby's first.
>>
>>80617748
Are all CN mobile games shit to you?
>>
Most AT games were made by WayForward, who are actually a good studio. Well, if it's their own intellectual properties, like Shantae. It makes me wonder whether they just don't put much effort into the licensed games they are hired to make, or whether CN's deadlines and instructions are so strict they don't leave much time and freedom to work on them.
>>
At being the main focus also extends to the comics.

SU only had a few issues, like Gumball did. AT meanwhile has a long running main series as well as plenty of limited spinoff series. The only one running likewise long is the RS comic, which had one spinoff, and nothing much else (aside from OGN's, but every show gets one eventually).
>>
>>80621685
They also made a Contra game which they put a lot of heart in, as well as Duck Tales.
I just chalk it down to WayForward's usual record of not always having their best team on certain games.
At least the music was neat in the first one.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f3WT937yTDc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lN_RZ1CfbYY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fOd9u4lWu04
>>
>>80613595
I was wondering what people thought of these games. Played Dungeon, it was... kinda meh, hated mob boss fight, played Finn and Jake investigations, was really ugly, Abrakadaniel was horrifying, also I don't think the lip-sync fit properly.. But puzzle solving was nice. I think the garbage one was the best of the bunch.
>>
>>80613880
Picked Marceline from the start, was not disappointed, she can certainly use her special skill a lot more than everyone else.
>>
File: a big shirt.png (258 KB, 540x577) Image search: [Google]
a big shirt.png
258 KB, 540x577
>>80621979
>Who's in charge here

I think we both know the answer to that question.
>>
>>80625478
I honestly thought Cinnamon bun was way more broken with his healing abilities.
>>
>>80621979
>no Party In The Clouds
come on senpai
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lp7GsRKLmJs
>>
File: Uhhhh.png (620 KB, 1349x642) Image search: [Google]
Uhhhh.png
620 KB, 1349x642
>Forgetting about the flash games and pic related
>>
>>80613595
Garbage was great.
Dungeon was okay
Secret was boring
Investigations was solid
>>
>>80627943
Fuck man that's a happy song.
>>
File: 1454954255029.jpg (90 KB, 500x265) Image search: [Google]
1454954255029.jpg
90 KB, 500x265
>>80616220
>a game that stars a kid and a civilization of monsters underneath a mountain
>a show that stars a half breed boy and a bunch of alien rocks
I'm confused. Is there something I'm missing?
>>
File: SEMEN.jpg (13 KB, 240x333) Image search: [Google]
SEMEN.jpg
13 KB, 240x333
>>80617867

oh my goodness
>>
>>80616309
fuck why did you put this idea in my head, I want this so badly now
>>
>>80613595
Why is Nameless Kingdom the only one that has a cover with some effort put into it?
The clouds look really nice.
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.