[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This is by far the best the Venture Bros has ever been. >linear
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4
File: venture-bros-season-6-feature.png (213 KB, 650x345) Image search: [Google]
venture-bros-season-6-feature.png
213 KB, 650x345
This is by far the best the Venture Bros has ever been.

>linear storyline with comic-esque plot that slowly unravels the mysteries of who Rusty and the Monarch's parents were, while also letting the Monarch undergo a role reversal as he finds out the truth about his father
>Hank and Dean have developed past their awkward homeschooled selves; Hank, though still a dork, finally starts a meaningful relationship while Dean has gotten over his humanity crisis and looks to encompass all that's left of the Jonas Venture potential
>Despite the series adventuring away from the status quo, based swede of many confirmed kills is a regular again and is a dominant force in a city of superhero amalgams

B A S E D
A
S
E
D
>>
I just watched "It Happening One Night" and it is my favourite venture bros episode ever. For the record I watched every other one like 30-60 times.
I don't know what's wrong with me
>>
>>80585978
I'm lad your enjoying it Anon because you've got 2 episodes left before they go on a break until 2020.
>>
DOOM!
>>
File: r34 when.jpg (179 KB, 768x960) Image search: [Google]
r34 when.jpg
179 KB, 768x960
Do gills produce shareable oxygen?
>>
Were the Doom Factory parodying anyone specific, or just pretentious arthouse jerks? I feel like it's one of those things I should know but don't. There's a lot of that in this show, and I love being introduced to new things because of it.
>>
>>80586889
warhol
>>
>>80586889
Andy Warhol.
>>
Venture brothers has always been good. This blue morpho thing is fucking tight.

I miss Orpheus though.
>>
>>80586925
I feel bad that he's going behind DMM though. She deserves better than that; I bet she would have loved to be his Kano.

And I miss Orpheus as well, though supposedly there's more of him next season.
>>
>>80586866
If you believe every scene with an underwater character saving a hot male/female by kissing them oxygen, yes.
>>
I really didn't think the series could get any better but this entire season so far has been killing it
>>
I actually really dislike this season.
>>Every episode is stuck in NYC, which kills the pacing.
>>Everything is going at a snails pace. Where developments used to happen very quick and unexpectedly, it's just going so slow. We'll probably have 2 more episodes of villains dying unceremoniously for the Monarch plot.
>>Characters like Dr. Orpheous and other favorites are just not there and most of the new characters are very uninspired.
>>Wide Whale is a poor man's Monstroso

I thought the new season would be interesting, but we're 6 episodes in and it feels like one really slow episode.
>>
>>80587000
bUT DUDE IF SHE COULD DO THAT IT COULD GO ON FOR DAYS LIKE HANK MENTIONED
>>
>>80586984
I dunno. I love the dynamic between them now. But I also loved the inseparable "king and queen" thing, so I'm conflicted.

And what, you mean three years from now?
>>
>>80587012
I feel you. I'm definetly going to need to binge watch this season when it's over. At the end of every episode I feel... unsatisfied? Like there should be more? Blue balled basically.
>>
>>80586984
>Wanting 21 to just sit back at home doing nothing
>>
>>80586889
Mash-up of the Legion of Doom and Andy Warhol and co.
>>
>>80585978
I know I'm nitpicking, but considering VB is usually written with extra details, it kind of bugged me that when Rusty and Hatred were playing Team Fortress , Hatred remarks that Doc killed him despite being on the same team. Even though Doc was playing a Red Pyro and Hatred a Blu Soldier.

Nevertheless fun episode.
>>
>>80587062
The older episodes had a lot of "Seemingly unrelated subplots that come together at the end", but it feels like they are phoning that in. The deaths are really uncreative for these villains. They needed more of a sucker punch with something in play earlier in the episode that ends up killing them.
>>
>>80587169
I agree, but at least it can be explained away in-universe. Neither of them probably knew what the heck they were doing.
>>
File: pepe-the-frog-meme-6[1].jpg (44 KB, 710x510) Image search: [Google]
pepe-the-frog-meme-6[1].jpg
44 KB, 710x510
>only 6 episodes this season
>all finished
>no decent finale or closure
>>
File: vbs6.png (139 KB, 1216x1273) Image search: [Google]
vbs6.png
139 KB, 1216x1273
>>80588012
It's 8 episodes *plus* the Gargantua 2 double episode, not minus or including.
>>
>>80586866
Wen will they sell me this poster?
I want to give them money.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.