[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can we talk about how awesome 1980's industrialist defense
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 6
File: 1447697152280[1].png (367 KB, 1000x539) Image search: [Google]
1447697152280[1].png
367 KB, 1000x539
Can we talk about how awesome 1980's industrialist defense contractor Hank Pym is?

>dat Porche
>dat gold watch
>dat 1980's shoulder pad three piece power suit
>dat aggressive unstable paranoid old man personality

Old man Hank is fucking awesome
>>
I still want a prequel titled "Antman and Wasp: Tales to Astonish" with Hank and Jan during their blacktop shield days, but yeah Pym Douglas was sooooo much better than I could have hoped for.
>>
>>80563311
I'm probably considered to be a Pymfag and was worried that they basically shafted my favorite Ant, but he turned out to be really great, even if he wasn't the one under the suit for most of the movie.
Pretty good casting too, I'd say.
>>
Loved him. Working on an old man Pym costume for a convention. Can't fucking wait to just be belligerent to everyone and pretend to punch them.
>>
File: 1410753435330.jpg (14 KB, 317x302) Image search: [Google]
1410753435330.jpg
14 KB, 317x302
>>80563311
He drives a Triumph Spitfire you fucking casual

>Porche

Kill yourself
>>
>>80564375

Don't forget to have the tank keychain
>>
>>80564445
That's not a keychain.
>>
>>80564445
>Imply it's not in bold on my list
I'm having a harder time finding a bangin brown suit and pink vest.
>>
File: ayla mao.jpg (20 KB, 316x203) Image search: [Google]
ayla mao.jpg
20 KB, 316x203
>>80564464
Cheeky
>>
I want at least a Netflix series with Young Hank's cold war Ant-Man adventures but Netflix is shit with CGI.

How he made the Pym particles, his first shrinking, him meeting Jan, Ant-Man and Wasp adventures, Getting involved with SHIELD, Peggy Carter being Hank's M, Hank smacktalking Howard etc.... etc....
>>
File: megayes.jpg (10 KB, 190x266) Image search: [Google]
megayes.jpg
10 KB, 190x266
>>80564552
I wanna see Ivan Vanko and Hank just teeing off on Howard behind his back
>>
>>80564578
Hell yeah VankoPym bros, which is why Whiplash never goes after Hank.
>>
>>80564645
>Pym always gave the Vankos goodwill
>"That Ruski and his bird-loving son are nuts. I don't wanna be on their bad side when they finally flip their lids."
>>
>>80564240
Pretty much the same on my part. I was highly concerned, but they really did a good job with what they went with.
>>
>>80564440
So fucking sue me. The only Triumphs I ever see are TR6's
>>
>>80564109

If there were a budget for/interest in it, it could be a good tie-in series to Agent Carter.
>>
>>80564552
Fuck yes, we need more Silver Age MCU all around.

>tfw it's too late to have sixties F4 in MCU because they're by definition famous as shit and would certainly have been name dropped by now
>>
>>80565220
I'd watch it in a heartbeat
>>
What if Ant-Man and The Wasp isn't a sequel
BUT A PREQUEL
>>
>>80565608
What if it's both, and we end up with time travel shenanigans causing young Pym and Wasp to exist in present day?
>>
>>80565608
as cool as that would be, I'm pretty sure it's confirmed to be a sequel. But I could be wrong.
>>
>>80565683
best option
>>
>>80565683
who would you cast as Janet? or young Hank, for that matter?
>>
>>80565608
Peyton teased the possibility of the next movie being a prequel.
>>
>>80566062
cool, source?
>>
I wanna see Old Man Black Ant teaming up with Old Man Rider 1.
>>
>>80566614
>Listen, if we were lucky enough to be able to do a sequel or a prequel, I’d be way into it. I’ve really fallen in love with these characters. I was always in love with the characters in the comic book world, but there’s a lot of story to tell with Hank Pym.

>Reed has been a very vocal fan of Hank Pym. “Growing up reading comics in the late ‘60s, early ‘70s, as a really young kid, he’s one of the defining characters in the Marvel Comics universe [to me],” he said in a Marvel.com interview. “Hank Pym is one of the most compelling characters in the Marvel comics world.”

http://www.slashfilm.com/ant-man-prequel/

This is an old article, so take it with a grain of salt.
>>
>>80564240
all us Pymfags were stfu in the very first scene with Douglas smashing that Hydra face. Pym could have been done so fucking terribly but this was awesome
>>
>>80565220
You know Douglas should make a cameo in Civil War, it would suck if Hank doesn’t show up for Peggy's funeral.
>>
>>80565885
The actors who played them in the movie while they were wearing the suits, look them up, perfect young Hank and Jan there.
>>
>>80564109
Not going to happen, the CGI to deage him and all the stunt doubles and shit wouldn't work. Unfortunately.

Being more realistic, I was the next movie Ant-Man and The Wasp: The Search for Jan. Where at least half the movie is set in the microverse with some trippy battles against the being living there.
>>
>>80566948
Or they could just...hire someone that looks like a young Michael Douglas?
>>
File: Catherine-Zeta-Jones.jpg (188 KB, 1024x705) Image search: [Google]
Catherine-Zeta-Jones.jpg
188 KB, 1024x705
>>80565885
just give the man what he wants. She could pull it off.
>>
>>80566889
yeah, but I think Feige already confirmed the next one is a sequel.
>>
>>80567019
>"Catherine Zeta Jonessssss! She shrinks beneath the lasersssss!"
>>
>>80566988
>>80566988
it wouldn't look right because michael douglas was already famous and in alot of movies when he was younger. we KNOW what he is suppose to look like at that age. if old hank was played by a relative unknown, it would work.
>>
>>80567162
I see where you're coming from anon, but I really don't think people would care.
>>
>>80567162
Men in Black pulled it off with Tommy Lee Jones
>>
>>80567162
if they can do it with Han fucking Solo they can do it with anyone, I guess
>>
>>80567205
the young K in mib 3 was much younger then the age the tommy lee jones started getting famous at though. how many big famous movies was tommy lee jones looked like at that age? most people know him as that guy that always plays the super serious old guy in every movie.
>>
>>80567335
The Mouse is doing it with Harrison Ford for the Han Solo movie
>>
>>80566893

That's actually a very good point.

Though I was hoping his cameo would be after sides are established, he tells Tony he's an asshole like his father was and then does the ANTS knee slapping while staring straight at the camera for the remainder of the movie
>>
>>80567205
Tomy Lee Jones has looked the same for over 30 years anon
>>
>>80567456
how young is han suppose to be there? if hes suppose to be much younger than han was in the original which is also when ford got famous, it might work.
>>
>>80566798

It'll never happen but I like to think that one of Hank's adventures took him to Japan and he wound up teaming up with at least one of the Legendary Seven.
Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.