[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can this nigga please be the villain in the Justice League movie?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 9
File: starro.jpg (274 KB, 600x666) Image search: [Google]
starro.jpg
274 KB, 600x666
Can this nigga please be the villain in the Justice League movie?
>>
only if they use the Genghis Khan version
>>
You will get Darkseid and a Starro easteregg/after-credits scene and you're going to like it.
>>
>>80551425
Why Woud you even want this? Are you stupid?
>>
>normies
>thinking a starfish would be a cool villain
>>
>Starro slowly starts to invade her undetected
>The parasites dont need to be attached to the face
>The can mutate the host into horrible starfish creatures
>Giant Starro appears from the sky for final battle
OUTRAGEOUS!
>>
>>80551481
Continuing: I want a Justice League with a team of villains from the other movies as the main antagonists.
>>
>>80551511
So the Legion of Doom? Sounds fun. Certainly beats the hell out of one and done villain shit
>yfw they have Grundy, Cold, and Manta
>They have the hall of doom
>>
>>80551503

>implying normies even know who Starro is
>implying you aren't a tasteless faggot if you don't like the OG Justice League villain

/co/ is dead

DEAD
>>
>no wacky injustice starro in the vein of mvc shuma gorath
it hurts
>>
>>80551546
Probably not till JL3, after all members have a solo film
>>
>>80551503
You know, I get tired of this kind of complaint. Yes there are characters damn near impossible to adapt, but Marvel made bank on a damn talking raccoon, tree, and a guy who shrinks. If you work the parasite angle just right it could work. Then again, its not a guarantee
>>
File: Brave_bold_28.jpg (84 KB, 300x451) Image search: [Google]
Brave_bold_28.jpg
84 KB, 300x451
>>80551481
>>80551503
>>80551511

Starro was the first villain the Justice League fought you casual faggots.
>>
>>80551689

You could very well go interdimensional Lovecraftian parasite with it. Mind-controlling alien parasitic that vaguely looks like an earth-born invertebrate isn't really that hard of a concept to adapt.
>>
>>80551547

That's exactly what I'm talking about: Normies don't know who Starro is and would probably react negatively, which is why we probably won't see it.

>>80551689

>Marvel made bank on a damn talking raccoon, tree, and a guy who shrinks

Neither was played overly seriously though, and more importantly, those were the good guys. Yellowjacket worked because he was a dark version of the hero - if he were a villain in, say, Captain America or Iron Man, it wouldn't have worked as well.

I'm not saying Starro is bad. I'm saying don't hold your breath.
>>
That's not a large humanoid that punches a lot.
>>
>>80552041
Oh Im not expecting him anytime soon, just that theres material to work with. You'd be surprised what a creature shop can do
>>
>>80551750
>You could very well go interdimensional Lovecraftian parasite with it. Mind-controlling alien parasitic that vaguely looks like an earth-born invertebrate isn't really that hard of a concept to adapt.
That's basically already what he has been in multiple versions of the character.
>>
>>80551503
Just use a cooler looking version of him like the one from REBELS v2
>>
File: image.jpg (74 KB, 320x320) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
74 KB, 320x320
>>80551503
Starfish make the best villains
>>
File: Starro_005.jpg (573 KB, 1280x2003) Image search: [Google]
Starro_005.jpg
573 KB, 1280x2003
>>
>>80551511
>>80551546

The villains are reserved for Suicide Squad sequels, no Legion of Doom in this cinematic universe.
>>
File: kek.png (134 KB, 250x231) Image search: [Google]
kek.png
134 KB, 250x231
>mfw they actually use Starro in any of these movies
>>
If the DCEU takes off, we'll probably see Starro eventually, but not as the main villain. It'll be a mind-control parasite used as part of the bad guy's plan and an excuse to have hero vs. hero battles.
>>
>>80551456
>not Darksid, Starro, and Black Lanterns all shoved into one movie with origins

Don't lie, in your gut you know DC would try to cram that much into a movie.
>>
>>80551503
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UBpmoBLvIko
>>
Starro is by far the villain I want the most for a multitude of reason. This >>80551698 isn't even all that important.

I just think that it would allow for something new, unique with tons of opportunities to build the relationships of the League.
Something like Brainiac or Darkseid in part 1 would require too much set-up considering the movie will need a real introduction to Aquaman, Flash and Cyborg.

Starro is a very obvious threat that
-Gives them an easy way to have both creepy and emotional moments (just think of Ma Kent or Alfred being Starro'd)
- Have the hero vs hero fights that are always crowdpleasers, and would offer the opportunity to show what they can do (Have Aquaman infected and have the others try to take it off just to show how powerful he can be)
-Allows them to have cameos by the dozen without even needing to lock any actor (tell me you wouldn't want to have a scene with the Rogues, or random heroes and villains)
- Offers a challenge we haven't seen before. Not only talking about the giant space starfish that would basically make it a superhere vs kaiju movie, but think of the crowds of innocent people the League would have to stop without hurting any of them. Certainly more interesting than another round of hundreds of grey aliens/robots that are taken out in one it.

I really hope it won't be Doomsday in any case.
>>
File: tumblr_m8ml78VBbk1qzr8nao1_500.jpg (58 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_m8ml78VBbk1qzr8nao1_500.jpg
58 KB, 500x375
>>80551454
>use the Genghis Khan version
Kill yourself
>>
>>80553475
The best part about Starro is that by using all versions you can have a climactic fight that involves everyone without resorting to things like Black Widow punching Ultron drones to death. You get Starro infected people, giant starfish monster Starro, and humanoid warlord Starro.
>>
I had an idea for a DC Cinematic Universe that would have Brainiac tricking Superman into traveling to a Kryptonian colony Kandor, only it's a trick and Supes actually heads to Apokalips.
There, Darkseid uses Starro (the closest thing he has to the Anti-Life Equation) to bring Supes under his power. The JL unites by freeing Superman and fending off the invasion. (Also White Martians and Appelaxians are under Darkseid's control as well.)
>>
Infinite Crisis Starro was fun.
>>
>still pretending Starro didn't crash landed on earth in suicide skwad
HOL UP
>meltman enemies from the movie are starro controlled minions
*smacks lip*
>>
>>80552041
Starro is a big alien eyeball monster with mind control powers.
Justice League vs an army of zombies.
That would work. It just obviously would.
>>
So I'm a pretty casual DC fan and I just know Starro well enough to know I like him. What's the deal with him lately? I feel like I see him being mentioned or talked about a lot lately, but I haven't seen him in very many official things recently. Am I just not seeing the right things, or is just more of a fan-favorite that's gotten a recent random boom of popularity without making any major appearances?
>>
>>80551425
too silly for them
>>
>>80551425
it can work if they go lovecraft
>>
File: 1452865539174.jpg (106 KB, 1600x921) Image search: [Google]
1452865539174.jpg
106 KB, 1600x921
>>80557060
This. Starro would be fucking amazing if they treated him like some sort of unknown monster from beyond the void, like The Angels from NGE.
>>
>>80551689
Talking animals aren't really hard to sell. There have been numerous movies about it.
>>
>>80555204

Sxrew you, the Genghis Kahn version was awesome, conqueror of nine galaxies and literally just kept hacking away at corpses throughout during Blackest Night like a high level Player in a game's starting area.
>>
>>80551425
Starro ias to uncanny valley for the realistic vibe they want for the movieverse, god i hate realism.
>>
to use starro effectively they should sneakily slip in a few starro controlled characters in the other dc movies, just simple things like a starro controlled guard at a prison etc before using him as a full villain.
>>
>>80551547
>>80551689
>>80552041

This >>80551750 as >>80552144 points out has already been done. They used Starro in the Booster Gold most recent solo, in an updated fashion that's still probably too Silver Ageish for Snyder, but the version used for Young Justice would work; e.g. Starro itself isn't the main villain, it's just USED as a means (particularly if they used Brainiac as the main villain because the Nu52 idea that he can all of sudden given Psi powers AND control them from light years away is just idiotic).

As >>80553475 and >>80555314 point out, it gives a lot of options.
>>
>>80551425
Starro is a legitimately great, threatening villain. Mind-controlling inhuman-looking alien invader is a good concept.
The problem is that he looks silly. Even if they weren't going for the dark and edgy look in the DCEU.
Though he wouldn't need much redesigning, really just a new coat of paint. I'm all for colorful heroes, but a bright blue and red abomination from outer space is something else. Just make him look more like an actual starfish.
>>
>>80552456
What happens if one of the mind-controlling starfish end up on my dick instead of my face?
>>
>>80558320
Clearly that's where thought comes from
>>
>>80556919
No, Enchantress turned the ARGUS agents into actual Argus' you pleb
>>
>>80558320
It would be extremly painfull
>>
>>80553217
It would be a cool twist if this was Starro's intended use, only to reveal that the parasite has its own sentience and agenda.
>>
File: Starro_the_Conquerer_01.jpg (203 KB, 350x590) Image search: [Google]
Starro_the_Conquerer_01.jpg
203 KB, 350x590
The thing is, they need someone to brawl.
>>
>>80551456
This, minus the starro easter egg.

Honestly the best bet for Starro mght be as the big threat in Aquaman and even then that's only like a 2% chance. A giant starfish alien is too campy for this universe.
>>
>>80551689
Marvel wasn't trying for "realism" or even really to be taken "seriously".
>>
>>80553475
>I really hope it won't be Doomsday in any case.
Did you mean Darkseid? Because Doomsday is in a couple weeks. It's going to be Darkseid in Justice League tho.
>>
>>80551425
He could work with Orm in a Throne of Atlantis Adaptation.
>>
>>80552829
>black adam, sinestro on the squad

looking forward to that
>>
>>80553475
I'm with you, but no, they will never ever go with an inhuman villain. Hollywood requires a "Face" for the bad guy. At best (which would be the worst case scenario) Hollywood-Starro would be used as a tool/lackey of "the real villain".

A better scenario would be for him to appear in would be a slightly horror-themed Flash or Supergirl episode.
>>
>>80563413

How do you even put guys like that on the Squad?
>>
>>
>>80551425
I'm for it but they need to fight a giant fucking starfish. Don't just do small parasite starfish.
>>
>>80551750
Isn't that exactly what he is though? That's why I never understood this idea that casuals would react negatively to Starro.
>>
>>80557004
What exactly is silly about a massive, sentient beast that throws off mind controlling parasites?

Further, they already seem willing to go places Marvel isn't, so I don't know where you're getting that idea anyway.
>>
Look Starro is completely doable with the right imagination. Frankly I think easier to adapt than say Mister Mind for example
>>
>>80558140
>Enchantress has actual magic

>Flash might already be able to travel through time

>Wonder Woman is the daughter of Zeus

>Joker has attack helicopters and an army of goons

>Batman is in full Batgod mode

I don't know where you've been this whole time, but the DCEU is most definitely not shooting for realism
>>
>>80563053
DC isn't going for realism either. The comic elements are pretty much as fantastic as they've always been. What's different is that they wanted to show how a world exactly the same as ours would react to things like that.
>>
>>80564211

This. I mean look at this up here, it's terrifying: >>80563885
>>
Definetley think it should be done like Young Justice did it; a sort of terrifying mind parasite used by Vandal Savage
Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.