[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Just got the TPB for this and started reading it. But I have
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 2
File: STK462221.jpg (213 KB, 900x1350) Image search: [Google]
STK462221.jpg
213 KB, 900x1350
Just got the TPB for this and started reading it. But I have no idea what's going on. It seems the story starts off already within a major conflict. I just read Sinestro Corps War without any issues, but not really sure if I need more knowledge going into IC.

What's the sparknotes of what I need to do going in?
>>
Batman made a killsat called OMAC that's turning people into robots because he's an asshole.

Wonder Woman killed a guy called Maxwell Lord and now everyone's afraid of her.

The villains of the DCU are all getting together under the command of Lex Luthor (you'll get to that in a bit), except the Joker, who was snubbed.

The JLA Watchtower blew up and Martian Manhunter was kidnapped.

The JLA all hate each other because of a horrible series called Identity Crisis please don't read it.

The villains who are about to be introduced, I think by the end of the first issue, are the last survivors of Crisis on Infinite Earths.
>>
I've never read Infinite Crisis, but my understanding is that there was some general buildup stuff in a series of things wth the label Countdown to Infinite Crisis (not to be confused with the shitty and pointless Countdown to Final Crisis) as far as some subplots go. And you'll probably want to read COIE if you haven't already but I assume you probably have.
>>
Batman made a Satellite to monitor metahumans and called it Brother Eye, it gained sentience and went rogue.
Blue Beetle uncovered a conspiracy and solved the mystery alone. At the end of the trail was his old friend, Maxwell Lord, who shot Ted in the head.
So Diana did what she does best.
Also Rann-Thanagar War.

The whole build up has the subtitle Prelude to Infinite Crisis.
And you need to read Crisis on Infinite Earths, too.
>>
>>80544343
I actually haven't. I know the major plot points and why it was so pivotal but I never read it. Im just grabbing a lot of other stuff from the past few years. Flash Rebirth, GL Rebirth and Sinestro Corps War. Trying to grab anything that I feel is highly recommended reading.

>>80544344
>>80544343
>>80544299
So I should go back and read COIE and Prelude first? Guess I can do that, Im in no rush. What are some other must have DC storylines outside of the aforementioned?
>>
>>80544745
Youre going to need to read COIE, Countdown to Infinite Crisis, Project OMAC (plus Superman: Sacrifice), Day of Vengeance, The Rann/Thanagar War and Secret Six.
>>
>>80544813
Shit, meant Villains United, not Secret Six.
>>
>>80544813
Is all that reading really necessary to understand Infinite Crisis? I got through Final Crisis alright. Though the plot itself and what happens is pretty complex I felt like I knew what was going on.
>>
>>80544882
Yes, the last 4 are miniseries made to build up to Infinite Crisis and their events are referenced multiple times. Besides, they're all pretty good so it's not like it's a chore to get through them.
>>
>>80544920
It's a lot to buy though.
>>
>>80544920
Rann-Thanagar War was not good. The others were great.

But you need the Countdown to Infinite Crisis one-shot.
>>
>>80544961
Then torrent them.

>but that's illegal

Then save up and buy them eventually.
>>
>>80544961
https://thepiratebay.se/torrent/3960592/Infinite_Crisis___Minis_and_Specials_(joshua13)%5Bh33t%5D
>>
>>80545856
>Going to CIA/FBI/NSA/CBS/MSN Honeypot
>Not going to superior russian tracker

Plebs
>>
>>80545908
>torrenting without a seedbox
>>
>>80545983
Okay, you got me there. The fuck is a seedbox?
>>
>>80546018
You buy space on a server somewhere on the other side of the world.

It torrents. You go either stream or ftp the files when they're done.
>>
Someone in the Win-O-Thread might have direct links if you want that. I think there's an IC omnibus with everything if you're buying, but it's probably out of print (though we're getting close to the anniversary so maybe they'll reprint)
>>
>>80544299
>Lex
Alexander Luthor from the currently (at the the if the story) non- existsnt Earth 3, isn't it?
>>
>>80544882
No; just read COIE and wiki the rest desu and you'll be fine
>>
>>80546755
Yeah, I didn't eve wiki anything and figured it all out fine. I really enjoyed it but...
Typical Johns though, the problems all originate with the Heroes. I was a lot less impressed with it after reading his JSA.
>>
Do what's /co/'s verdict on Final Crisis? I actually really liked it. I thought there was dome really cool shit in there like Superman Beyond and Darkseid's final form. The whole thing really felt like the whole world was going to shit, too, it really felt like a legitimate crisis. The concept of Superman singing Darkseid to death still feels silly, though.
>>
>>80545908
Do the FBI and CIA give a shit about torrents? I thought it was the media companies themselves and their teams of lawyers who come after you for that.
>>
>>80546514
The omni is indeed OP and fucking expensive.
>>
>>80544813
The new Omac trade has Countdown and the parts of Superman Sacrifice that are integral to the story. Though I think Sacrifice is an enjoyable read anyways.

The other three books are't necessary. Villains United & Day of Vengeance are enjoyable, but I'm a fan of Cap so I may be biased. Rann Thannagar is mostly skippable.

You are missing Crisis of Conscience and Identity Crisis. IC should come before countdown, and CoC is right before Infinite Crisis.

The mini series specials take place after infinite crisis. Not really important but they set up Shadowpact, Checkmate and a few other series that sprung out of Infinite Crisis. Day of Vengeance special probably the most important one, sets up a few plot points in 52.

>>80546755
I'd recommend the opposite, or atleast just read the last few chapters of COIE. The story isn't really great, but if you're familiar with entire DC universe it's cool to see Perez drawn all of it together.
>>
File: image.jpg (101 KB, 917x580) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
101 KB, 917x580
>>80546909
I like it okay, but it is disjointed af, imo. When it comes to morrison and DC events in general, pic related is far and away the best of the lot.
>>
Also, the Spectre fucked everything magic related, but im not really sure how it affects the main storyline.
Always thought Billy could beat him tho.
>>
>>80547110
COIE is much better if you read it digitally and zoom in on all the millions of tiny ass panels and take your time with them. Otherwise, ime, the pages can be kind if mind numbing.
>>
>>80547170
The important thing to come out of Day of Vengeance is it started a new age of Magic and the spectre killed the wizard, causing Billy to become the new wizard.

Billy came fairly close to beating him with the magic users helping him. He did do some serious damage with the spear of destiny in day of judgement.

Generally the spectre is the strongest of the magic heroes, if not all DC heroes.
>>
>>80544882
The main story can be understood by reading the COIE wiki, the Identity Crisis wiki, Countdown to Infinite Crisis and Project OMAC. Villains United is really good, but matters slightly less.
>>
>>80547237
I see, i got the TPB but i didnt know that.
I read some of those issues in wich Billy becomes the Wizard and Captain Marvel Jr becomes the main Captain Marvel, if remember correctly it all goes to shit after that for the Marvel family.
>>
I'm a casual at modern DC, practically everything I've read was pre-Crisis, or Vertigo-ish.

Of the crises, which is a must own? I'm a buyfag and don't mind getting whatever, but I don't want to waste resources when a digital download could let me put my money towards better purchases.

Also, I know CoIE didn't exactly have crossovers, but there were titles affected by it. I downloaded a mega torrent years ago of every title released during that period, but it was overwhelming - are any titles back then essential? I enjoyed the Swamp Thing crossover, but it seems like afterwards (Bryne Superman, etc) all had better quality books.
>>
>>80544185

i think the infinite crisis of DC is Overreated, i mea, all name the thing because how ''important'' is , but is a bad story, like all DC comics
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.