[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does anyone have advice for someone wanting to break into the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 5
File: gumball.png (17 KB, 323x269) Image search: [Google]
gumball.png
17 KB, 323x269
Does anyone have advice for someone wanting to break into the animation industry?

From what I've heard, it's near impossible to do without already having connections. I guess that explains why "professional" creators nowadays are producing garbage while fan creators are creating content that is as good as or better than the source material.
>>
>be rich
>get into calarts
and there you're now at cartoon network or disney instead of a shit-tier flash studio
>>
File: MCFUCKING LOSING IT.jpg (21 KB, 360x261) Image search: [Google]
MCFUCKING LOSING IT.jpg
21 KB, 360x261
>gumball
>garbage
>>
>>80543358
>get into calarts
STOP THIS MEME
>>
>>80543405
It is
>>
>>80543445
You got some shit taste, then.
>>
>>80543405
The image was chosen pretty much at random, it isn't related to the question.
>>
>>80543469
No you've got shit taste if you like Gumball.
>>
>disregard everything you know about drawing
>buy an adventure time draw-it-yourself book
>be or know someone who is an avid tumblr user
>>
>>80543139
You got your obligatory CalArts posts

/thread.
>>
File: 001.jpg (202 KB, 680x592) Image search: [Google]
001.jpg
202 KB, 680x592
>>80543511
>Not liking the different styles of gumball
>accusing me of shit taste
>>
>>80543139
>Does anyone have advice for someone wanting to break into the animation industry?
Yeah: don't
>>
>>80543405
>yelling: the comedy
>good
>>
>>80543585
Out of Jimmy's Head used "different styles" simultaneously too. Doesn't make it automatically good kiddo.
>>
>>80543598
>Implying spongebob isn't like that either
>>
>>80543625
>kiddo
Are you a meme?
>>
>>80543683
How sad it must be when your mind automatically goes to memes because of random words.
>>
Work hard, start small, and go to school. No, it does not have to be Cal Arts. You're not gonna be a show runner right out the gate, you have to take smaller jobs and impress people.

Most of /co/ isn't interested in working hard though. They just like to complain about everyone else and show no ambition of their own.
>>
File: meme.gif (7 KB, 118x151) Image search: [Google]
meme.gif
7 KB, 118x151
>>80543752
I'm just saying it because of pic related.
>>
>>80543810
You're just shit taste central, huh.
>>
>>80543888
When did I said I like memetale?
I'm just showing a example.
>>
>>80543598
>implying that isn't TTG.
>>
>>80543139
>Does anyone have advice for someone wanting to break into the animation industry?
Create your own comic series (or something else you're willing to do), become rich from it, create your own animated series independently, then upload it to YouTube on a paid channel.
>>
>>80543358
Its Calarts that expensive??? My Cousin studies there and he went to a lame College
>>
File: mfw.jpg (57 KB, 1024x959) Image search: [Google]
mfw.jpg
57 KB, 1024x959
>>80543139
>while fan creators are creating content that is as good as or better than the source material.
>>
>>80543801
>You're not gonna be a show runner right out the gate
Unless you went to CalArts
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.