[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I feel bad for the little boys who are going to be fans of this
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 6
File: powerpuff-girls-2016-art-images.jpg (235 KB, 1200x600) Image search: [Google]
powerpuff-girls-2016-art-images.jpg
235 KB, 1200x600
I feel bad for the little boys who are going to be fans of this who, on top of already being bullied for it, will grow up to learn the producers and writers despised them.
>>
>>80539556
How ironic it is that Steven Universe of all things has become the last bastion of masculinity in currently airing children's cartoons.
>>
File: mojo.jpg (73 KB, 632x480) Image search: [Google]
mojo.jpg
73 KB, 632x480
>>80539556

Does anyone have any quotes or sources for the stuff that the producers and writers and creators of the reboot have been saying? It'd be great to have some concrete stuff for the naysayers who keep saying they're not just making this new show to sell toys to little girls.
>>
There's nothing to worry about, nobody's going to be a fan of this.
>>
>>80539631
mmm how? we got tawog, WOY, star vs ... holy shit!
>>
>>80539826
Star's voice actress boasted in an interview about how superior Star was for not being a tomboy.
>>
>>80539900
Sauce?
>>
>>80540021
https://www.yahoo.com/tv/eden-sher-star-vs-the-forces-of-evil-114711911660.html

>there’s this whole “if you’re gonna be boys” club or whatever, it’s kind of like, “No no no no no, I’m gonna make my own club, because I’m gonna be totally, totally unapologetic for everything I do, but I’m also gonna be supergirly.” She’s not a tomboy, she’s not one of the boys, she’s a girl-ass girl.
>>
>>80540021
https://www.yahoo.com/tv/eden-sher-star-vs-the-forces-of-evil-114711911660.html
>>
>>80539826
>we got tawog
Where the main boy gets shit on regularly along with his dumbass dad and his effeminate step brother. Thankfully his domineering mother and intelligent sister are there.

>WOY
>currently airing

>Star Vs
Sure I guess Marco's dad exists.
>>
File: UxzvZ_1350803214.jpg (193 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
UxzvZ_1350803214.jpg
193 KB, 640x480
And... the worst part is... they won't be cute anymore!
>>
>>80540076
That's quite offensive to boys and tomboys alike. Just because you like a certain lifestyle doesn't mean you get to shit on people who don't follow it.
>>
One time when I was in highschool, me and my crush went and saw a movie then he stayed over my house for the night. We woke up the next morning and he put on Powerpuff Girls because for some reason it was on On-Demand, we cuddled and watched an episode or two. But he says he is straight and has a girlfriend and I am stuck with just the memories, wondering around trying to better myself hoping that one day he will be back and we can cuddle and watch Powerpuff Girls. One day maybe, one day.
>>
>>80539791
^^^
>>
>>80540533
Meh, tomboys are cast out of girl cliques as often as not. It's a scummy thing to say, but at this point the sentiment's so common, and her comment is so "girls doin' it for themselves", that she probably won't even think twice about it.
>>
File: 1455127019506.gif (982 KB, 320x287) Image search: [Google]
1455127019506.gif
982 KB, 320x287
>>80540451
Can you stop reposting this shit to every thread that even mentions PPG like seriously this is triggering me so much I had to go to the emergency room to get diagnosed of PTSD
>>
>>80542663
And... the worst part is... they won't be cute anymore!
>>
http://www.toonzone.net/forums/threads/powerpuff-girls-2016-series-news-discussion-thread-spoilers.5395811/page-32

"Between the intro, the art style and everything else. This looks like something CN put some time into making good. I mean this was two years in the making. Unlike TTG, I can tell they watched the original series and knew how it worked. The action scenes shown in the promos look really cool. So far the voices are the only thing I can't wrap my mind around. Otherwise, I hope this can actually be as good as it looks."

My god, the CN employees are all over the place.
>>
>>80540451
I love how this triggers someone every time and it's not even bad compared to some of the regular shitposts on almost every other board
>>
>>80543615
Not employees, cheap shills.
>>
>>80543615
TTG's problem is not being the old show and using the old VAs

PPG's problem is being a lackluster but otherwise closer imitation of the old show with new VAs

Either way you can't win with reboots unless if you do exceedingly better than the original the second time around.
>>
>>80544052
>closer imitation of the old show
>>
This is making me angry.
>>
>>80539703
seconding this.
>>
>>80539556
>the producers and writers despised them.
Can I get some citation for this?
I want to believe it, but I haven't actually seen an interview about it.
>>
>>80544052

Teen Titans Go at least I can see it as a Spinoff Show. No point getting worked up about that show seeing as it really is trying to do its own thing. Something that the PPG reboot isn't doing.
>>
File: 1457245943204.jpg (34 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1457245943204.jpg
34 KB, 640x480
>>80543615
>Unlike TTG, I can tell they watched the original series and knew how it worked.

Niggas some of the WRITTERS of TTG are from the old cartoon.

Who the fuck is this person that has no idea what he is talking about?
>>
>>80548531
I think he was referring to the interview the beginning the series when someone asked about their thoughts on the show. They answered with "I never watched the original series" "I watched 1 or 2 episodes."
If I remember correctly, they were the lead writers or something.
>>
File: gpower.png (1 MB, 500x1903) Image search: [Google]
gpower.png
1 MB, 500x1903
>>80543615
>Unlike TTG, I can tell they watched the original series and knew how it worked.
There are false fans who think that "Girl Power" was a common catchphrase of the original. The old writers seem to disagree.
>>
>>80544052

TTG isn't trying do the same thing as the original.
>>
>>80548646

I mean I love that whole exchange and all with professors smug face because he exposed her as a fraud and all but why do people always post this picture in every thread?
>>
>>80544052
Personally, I find one of if not the main problems with TTG as a spinoff is that it's so different from the original and yet tries to shoehorn in references and take that's at the original that just hinder the show's quality when it's already not a good show.

PPG, on the other hand has the opposite problem of trying to be like the original yet not having the same tone, writing quality, animation quality or all of the voice actors as the original had.
>>
>>80542663
>>80543786
Wait, am did I miss some meme? Where did that line come from, and why is it triggering?
>>
>>80549752
True, TTG knows of the original show and riffs on it (some might even say too hard for some tastes) but it definitely isn't trying to be anything like it.

>>80548646
There are so many callbacks and references to the original series (and to the DC universe as a whole) I find it hard to believe that the TTG writers have never seen the original series.
>>
>>80539631
Are you TRYING to make me sad?
>>
>>80551977

It's a line from one of the episodes and the same image and quote keep getting posted to every PPG thread. And some people just can't handle the fact that some idiot keeps posting it.
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.