[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
why didn't you like it? I thought it was one of Pixar's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 7
File: inside out.jpg (22 KB, 214x317) Image search: [Google]
inside out.jpg
22 KB, 214x317
why didn't you like it? I thought it was one of Pixar's finest
>>
>>80530870
I liked it.
>>
>>80530870
Who was the target public of this movie again?
>>
>>80531121
everyone
>>
>>80531121
People with emotions.

Probably not you.
>>
>>80530870
I enjoyed it quite a bit. I'm not sure if I'd say "Pixar's finest", and I wish it hadn't won an Oscar, but it's a known fact the animation award is a joke because the judges don't really watch the contenders. Still, it's a nice movie, enjoyable, and the soundtrack is so relaxing.
>>
File: Disgust.png (607 KB, 866x644) Image search: [Google]
Disgust.png
607 KB, 866x644
>>80530870
Because I'm a contrarian.
More constructively because it felt like a by-the-books comedy-action movie that happened to have a weird setting instead of using the potential of its premise to inventive in terms of storytelling.
I thought it was very shallow for the potential it had, but maybe that was me expecting too much.

Besides I didn't think the designs or anything about the visuals (besides the deonstruction scene, which annoyingly had no stroy implication) was really impressive compared to a lot of past Pixar movies.

It didn't really reonate with me in terms of humor or in terms of feels either, although there were a couple of funny moments.

My favorite Pixar movies are Ratatouille and Toy Story 1, for context's sake.
>>
The only thing I liked about it was that the message of the movie was that it's ok and normal to be/feel sad, the rest was just meh. I movie didn't make me care about Riley or her representative emotions
>>
File: image.png (147 KB, 696x682) Image search: [Google]
image.png
147 KB, 696x682
>>80531297
Kek
>>
Characters are flat and boring, even the humans. Only Joy is bearable.
>>
Didn't like the characters. They were just really aggravating and I found them all (except Bingbong) to be just rather unlikable and hard to connect with.
>>
>>80530870
I liked it
>>
>>80530870
It was too Chessy for my taste and cringe in some parts. The Plot is kind of Boring in the Middle and the Imaginary friend was abnoxious( I cfried a little when he died tho) anyway for me it wasn't good or bad, just a MEH
>>
>>80535394
I cringed at the way you type.
>>
>>80530870
I enjoyed it, but I don't think it should have won the Oscar. Pixar is playing it safe now, they have a winning formula, and sure, it works, but I do wish they'd take more risks with their creations.
>>
>>80535826
Don't worry I hear Cars 4 is gonna rely heavily on nonlinear formatting and stream of consciousness dialogue, Larry the Cableguy was inspired after reading "As I Lay Frying: The Writings of Faulkner Adapted for Rednecks"
>>
>>80530870

I'm not contrarian, so I liked it.
>>
File: image.jpg (65 KB, 506x469) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
65 KB, 506x469
>>80532903
>that face
>>
>>80530870
I liked it, but I didn't really love it.

Maybe my expectations were too high, but it never really overly impressed me. A lot of the jokes were pretty cliche and predictabl compared to how much creativity they put into the overall setting. And I was a bit disappointed that it primarily focused on Joy and Sadness and their journey.

I dunno, it was an alright movie but I don't think it's one of Pixar's best.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (123 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
123 KB, 1920x1080
>>80530870
I liked it, it's also helped the Pediatric mental health field. The characters help children with communication development problems express emotions.

That said I loved the short before it.
>>
>>80536062
What?
>>
>>80530870
It was really safe and predictable
>>
>>80530870
I'm really homesick so I had to turn off the movie in the first 10 minutes. That ideal family life. It just made me upset I'm not a normie anymore and I'll never have kids of my own.

I also hate Amy Poler.
>>
>>80537017
>I was a bit disappointed that it primarily focused on Joy and Sadness and their journey.

Pixar literally can't make anything that's not about two people going on a wacky journey.
>>
>>80530870
Waifufags ruin everything.
>>
>>80530870
This should happen to Riley.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KqZB5LTbp_g
>>
>>80530870
I did liked it, but I liked it as much as I liked fucking Ice Age 3 or some shit like that. For me it was just a kinda boring overrated movie.
>>
>>80530870
The drama was kind of cheap sometimes.
>>
File: image.jpg (87 KB, 1400x1345) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
87 KB, 1400x1345
>Artist's internet is back up so he can do more of the comic
>>
>>80530870
It was another fucking road trip movie full of tropes we'd already seen in other Pixar movies. It also bothers me how the next two movies after this one were also road trip movies.
>>
Colored by a kind man
>>>/aco/426161
>>
>>80538599
Bug's Life
>>
The first time around I really liked it, but the second time I realised the dialogue was REALLY basic and kiddy.
>>
>>80530870
Zootopia is better
>>
>>80542933
Someone post that hexafusion with that THICK Joy Hopps
>>
What's your favorite scene /co/?

Mine was the scene with imaginationland
>>
>>80542476
Cute
>>
>>80542476
That's a cute Joy.
>>
>>80546030
Shading applied
>>>/aco/426483
>>
File: happyhoppygirlsfull.png (1 MB, 2190x2278) Image search: [Google]
happyhoppygirlsfull.png
1 MB, 2190x2278
>>80544002
>>
>>80548087
THICK
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.