[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I wonder what would have happened if WB had Singer and Nolan
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 5
File: batmanvssuperman.jpg (107 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
batmanvssuperman.jpg
107 KB, 600x400
I wonder what would have happened if WB had Singer and Nolan do a versus/teamup movie after Returns and Begins.

WB could've started the comic book cinematic universe trend.
>>
>>80516582
Well Miller wanted NolanBats to be in his JL film but Nolan said no
>>
>>80516582
>Nolan Batman

I'm so glad this didn't happen.
>>
They tried.

Nolan didn't want his Batman associated with other superheroes as it'd compromise his version of the story, and Singer's Superman flopped with the public.
>>
>>80516621
>>80516628
Plus, the Nolanverse doesn't really feel like it'd fit in with a "comic universe".

Nolan had jerked himself dry with "MUH REALISM".

I couldn't image Supes or Flash or Lantern existing in that universe.
>>
>>80516702
>Singer's Superman flopped with the public.

So has Snyder's.

What if they dropped Nolan for being a prissy tart and let Singer do Batman too.
>>
>>80517059
No it didn't. Snyder's Superman did better with the public than Singer's.
>>
>>80517216
This

Returns may have sucked, heck MoS is probably better, but Returns Supes > MoS Supes any day.
>>
>>80517552
You either typed your post wrong, or read mine wrong, because no one believes Routh is better than Cavill.
>>
>>80516582

Go back even farther in time and they could've started it by the early 90s.
>>
>>80516827

The "capes dont fit in the Nolanverse" argument is dumb as fuck. Just because Gotham has a regular human in a bat costume, that somehow prevents the existence of aliens and superpowers?
>>
File: Batmofeel.jpg (66 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
Batmofeel.jpg
66 KB, 300x300
>>80517927
I would cum buckets to go back in time and have these two do the BVS movie...
>>
Returns was a snorefest that retread Superman 1 and the Nolan Batman was a joke after BB
>>
>>80516621
Nolan said he said no, but what he probably meant was at the meeting where he said that they already knew Superman Returns was a financial failure despite a stronger overall gross than Batman Begins, so he would have known he could say no.

Frankly, the gross of Batman Begins was so weak that if Superman Returns had had a normal-sized budget or made another $100m regardless of budget, they would have crossed over. If Nolan didn't like that, fine - he could have gone on to mediocrity and never made anything you actually remember him for, because nobody would have given him the money to make them.
>>
>>80517927
Kind of.

They didn't have the rights to Superman at that time, as they reverted to the Salkinds when Cannon Films (who had taken them on) went bankrupt. The Salkinds eventually sold the rights to Superman back to WB in the early 90s, who immediately made Lois & Clark; effectively a Salkind-produced Superboy show (the Superboy rights would take another decade to return to WB) through a litigation or the threat of litigation. This was also part of the reason the Salkinds never tried to exploit the Supergirl rights again.

In fact, WB didn't actually make a Superman movie themselves until 2006; they only distributed the earlier films. This was similar to Batman pre-Burton; the 60s show was made by another company and in fact by three production partners, whose various shares of the rights and complex right to exploit what they'd made or buy out the other parties wasn't properly resolved until a fan took it on himself to get a home video release - resulting in DVD/BluRay box set last year, the first home release the series ever had. The fact that it was in reruns for so long that literally everybody knew the show in 1989 despite never being released on VHS is a testament to the strength of the brand built up outside of WB's control, and part of the reason they decided to go in such a different direction with their first movie - they didn't want to be accused of just rehashing a more popular product.

The earliest Batman could have crossed over with Superman (assuming the Salkinds and Greenway Productions/FOX never got it together) was about 1994; for a release sometime in 1995/6. That would mean either Kilmer or Keaton, who might have stayed on for a crossover; but if Reeve were still injured in May 1995, it would have meant the end of the project there and then, because they wouldn't have dared recast if they'd already brought him back and shot footage.

Either way it would kill Lois & Clark, which was very profitable at the time.
>>
>>80518049
>>80517927
I'm gonna come clean; though I love Keaton as an actor I could never get behind his interpretation of Batman.

The entire Burton films, actually, felt like they were missing something essential to me.
>>
File: Dubs Man in The Dark Knight.gif (2 MB, 350x255) Image search: [Google]
Dubs Man in The Dark Knight.gif
2 MB, 350x255
Dubs Man v Man of Murder: Dawn of Film Franchise
>>
File: batcomparison.jpg (306 KB, 1024x800) Image search: [Google]
batcomparison.jpg
306 KB, 1024x800
>>80518923
Batmofeel poster. This sums up my thoughts on the matter.
>>
>>80517927
Reeve might have never gotten paralyzed. Jeez.
>>
>>80516827
OP said after Begins not after TDK. No Nolanverse yet, like how MOS on its own doesn't mean the DCEU exists.
>>
>>80516582
>the two absolute fucking worst cinematic iterations of these two characters
We dodged a fucking bullet.
>>
>>80522865
This was before throat cancer and memes took over, and he wasn't upstaged by his own villains. Batbale was at a pretty good place with Begins.
>>
>>80519011
Michael Keaton nailed it as that crazy sort of guy who would actually spend his free time in a secret cave. It isn't something ripped right out of a comic, but it fits the movie perfectly.
>>
>>80518303
What a world
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.