[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Ad Lib Brainstorming "community/forum"
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 4
File: brainstorm.jpg (2 MB, 2874x2740) Image search: [Google]
brainstorm.jpg
2 MB, 2874x2740
I'm looking to brainstorm (with interested individuals) here on 4chan.

I have topics in mind (if nothing else comes up), but I'm willing/hoping to throw around ideas for anything someone's willing/wants to brainstorm about

I'm hoping this thread can be used to brainstorm people's ideas.

mainly I'm trying to come up with (or help other people create/develop) ideas for:
•stories
•characters
•settings (locations)
•items (props)
•series'
•episodes
•etc
>>
if anyone wants help coming up with a "series concept" or story concept, character concept, setting, episode idea... etc

...anything
>>
ideas I'm looking to develop right now are:
•sky castle (physical layout/construction of said castle, or the floating island it sits on; areas surrounding the castle; features, details; special areas)
•a "setting" (and possibly group of characters) that lends itself to "anything" (stories involving this or that; different time, past/future/present, magic/non-magic, monsters, etc
•a "jigsaw" rip-off: Puzzle Master ("dumbed down"/child-ified for a kid friendly saw-story "episode" or comic/show... example Puzzle Master forces "bad kid" to eat a mountain of candy because he eats too much sweets, if he fails the test he will "get him in trouble with his parents" (as opposed to killing, from "real" Saw)

*these are just my ideas, right now, I want to work on other peoples' ideas too (primarily)
>>
I want to help people come up with ideas for:
•shows
•comics
•characters
•settings
•special items
•bad guys
•stories (slash story hooks)
•dialogue

.../co/ related (creative) concept stuff
>>
>>80516557
this sounds interesting actually.
>>
>>80517411
YES!!!
I'm enthusiastic about this idea
do you want to make something?
are you making a comic? or a story or something?
I'd love to swap some ideas around
>>
>>80516793
>Sky Castle Layout
Being in the sky, it doesn't really need much in the way of a moat or drawbridge. Instead, it would need something to keep people from falling into oblivion. I'd imagine either a very intricate latticework of thin, reflective metals (Silver, Gold, polished brass, etc.), or perhaps wavy glass catchements that glow and change color as light strikes them from new angles. Something like the northern lights frozen and wrapped around the perimeter.

An open courtyard would be expected. Why build in the sky if not to have incredible views and be a part of the open air. Of course, with clouds likely to roll in, you'd want decorative beacons spaced periodically throughout the courtyard to guide the way when the evening mists envelop the castle.

Tall spires with open roofs and large windows along the sides would also be expected. Amazing views and a chance to really be a part of the upper atmosphere are imperative.

There would also need to be a powersource to keep the castle afloat. Whether using magic or technology, I'd suggest that the lower portion of the castle be dedicated to an "engine room". If magic, giant spires of foatstone/crystal that branch in erratic, natural fractals with an intricate network of balconies and walkways anchored around and boring through them. If tech powered, the interior should be a steamy, uncomfortable, and often claustrophobic mess of pipeworks, access tunnels, and boiler rooms. Giant gears and other mechanisms, perhaps partially powered by giant windmills on the exterior.

The interior of course needs living quarters, a main entryway, ballrooms, an observatory, a dining room, a kitchen, and a place for physical exercise. Depending on the altitude and the residents, a life support system may be necessary as well. After all, the air would be incredibly thin, and it would be rather frosty, especially at night.
>>
>>80517676
Considering the surroundings, there would need to be a dock, either on the main "island" or nearby with a ferry to shuttle residents to and fro. Food would also be a necessity. Something about a floating garden filled to the brim with strange and wonderful plants and animals would be great. Depending on how fantastic you want the world to be you could have "cloud ponds" with flying fish or other sea creatures transposed into aerial species to be harvested from the clouds. 1880's whaling and fishing meets airship fantasy sort of idea. Elsewise you could be more down to earth and have specially adapted plants and a massive terrarium/greenhouse filled with special crops well suited to high altitude.

Again, depending on the setting, you might also want a market. Resources would be quite scarce in the lower ionosphere, so the residents would need a way to get new clothes, tools, and other assorted necessities.

As I mentioned earlier, ferries of some sort would be necessary. Either technology based (flying busses, tugboats, taxies, etc.), or for a more fantastic standpoint, domesticated creatures (Pteradactyls/wyverns, mega insects, eagles, etc.)

Such traffic would likely necessitate lookout towers and light houses, especially when storms or particularly cloudy days set in. I imagine that glass, polished stones, and reflective precious metals would be very commonplace for all the buildings. Snow, ice, and frequent moisture would corrode iron, rot wood, and errode most stones very quickly. Crystals and buildings slightly sunk into the floating island would be common for anything that wasn't intentionally build to be grand and prominent.

I imagine bells and other audio staples would have trouble in high winds and thinner atmosphere. Chimes and pan flutes on a massive scale would be more prominent. With no woodland creatures, hustle and bustle of a large city, or bodies of water to generate background sounds, it would be very quiet, save for the wind.
>>
>>80517676
that's cool. good stuff... I imagined the island floating on it's own (part of a magical landscape)

I like the idea of tall spires (to peek through the clouds)

>>80518132
I love the idea of a "wonderful/fantastic" garden
>1880's whaling and fishing meets airship fantasy sort of idea (very cool!)
>>
>>80518132
The lack of consistent water would be an interesting problem. Capturing rainwater would be important. I suppose either a scattering of pots and architecture designed to catch dew and mist to funnel droplets into containers/reservoirs. Perhaps an intricate pipework system to retain water. The center of the islands might be a cobweb of floatstone/engines with pools of water and underground rivers/pipes. A dark and murky shadow to the well lit, open air of the surface.

I'm not sure I have anything else for the layout or construction of a sky castle and its surroundings at this time. If you could give me some ideas on what exactly you want to do with it, that might help jog my imagination.

I don't know that I can do much that'd help with something as broad as "a setting that lends itself to anything". That's... literally all possible ideas. I need more direction than that.

I'm afraid I'm not much for traps, though I suppose I'll think on it for a while if no one else has anything else in particular that they want some ideas for.
>>
>>80518581
>some ideas on what exactly you want to do with it
in-meta it's a general-purpose concept for my imagination; may end up in a comic. I was picturing a "noble-bright" setting, past/fantasy (tech-level) with magic. "skyland" in use by royal family

some features I came up with (with help) include:
>a courtyard (now with a fantastical garden)
>a hedge-maze with a wishing well, that only grants wishes to certain people (royal?/good-hearted?). you "follow your heart (if good)" to the center as there is no logical path through the maze
>a pond behind the castle with stepping stones through the middle and a tall waterfall that falls into the pond from cliffs above. a mermaid may live in the pond, and there's a secret cave entrance behind the waterfall... (what's in the cave?)

>"a setting that lends itself to anything". That's... literally all possible ideas. I need more direction than that.
I heard that Alex Hirsch made Gravity Falls with the intention of creating a setting where "anything's possible", a mix of fantasy/mystical and real. also other popular shows?/comic-universes?... ya know?

as far as the Saw-knockoff idea, I just think it's a funny gag to throw into an "episode" of said imaginary show (where "anything's possible")...
protag kids get wrapped up in schemes of Puzzle Master... areas that need ideas are things that play off of Saw cliches: eg "i want to play a game" (how to say that without copyright infringement, not that I'd ever get sued but just for good excercise), possible puzzles/traps, how could he "punish" kids without killing them in a (family friendly way)... etc
>>
instead of "I want to play a game", i thought it'd be funny if he said something like "lets partake in an activity"... but that doesn't really have a ring to it... idk still looking for funny ways to knock-off saw for my hypothetical episode of a show/comic that has yet to exist
>>
and instead of a doll on a tricycle... it could be... a ventriloquist dummy on a bicycle? (slash unicycle?)... instead of restraining adults in handcuffs or ornate mechanical torture devices... a kid age 8-12 would wake up in a high-chair or baby crib ("unable" to escape); family safe saw rip-off / parody (satire?)
>>
Puzzle Master:
"I want to partake in an activity. Johnny, you've spent your life eating sweets. Now the situation you find yourself in is... far from sweet. will you TAKE A BITE out of life... and face the truth? or will your bad habit CONSUME you?
before you, you find a mountain of delicious sweets. if you eat them all before the clock runs out, you'll be free to go, and have learned a valuable lesson in the process. If you fail... [undecided punishment x (examp: I'll tell your parents how you ate sugar-snacks from the kitchen while they were asleep)]"
>>
>>80519298
if you read this in the "saw voice" it's really funny

i just want help with the punishment tagline
>>
File: ruby-jump.1316617778822.gif (106 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
ruby-jump.1316617778822.gif
106 KB, 320x240
>>80516793
How about there's one kid whose an obvious parody of Bear Grills who stays really upbeat, and no matter what the PuzMas throws at him, he stays super optimistic and pumped for the next challenge, which ends up pissing PuzMas off, and giving the other kids a chance to conspire some kind of daring escape involving wormholes.
>>
>>80516793
>Puzzle master character
First and foremost, a character needs a motivation. Do they despise the kids (Matilda villains)? Are they just eccentric (Willy Wonkas)? Are they trying to help the kids through tough love? I feel the latter to be more interesting and better suited to these types of tales. You can root for the Puzzle Master and make them the protagonist. It's easier to swallow kids being punished when they're brats and its ultimately for their own good, as opposed to a psychopath torturing young protagonists.

As such, I imagine something like a gym teacher/ coach. Someone who sets up challenges specifically for a given student to make them grow as a person/ break a bad habit. It also allows punishments to come in the form of intensive physical exercise or perhaps odd and disliked school chores.

I never really watched the Saw movies and I'm not much for designing intricate Rube Goldberg machines. The best I can do is provide a premise for the eventual laying of a trap and a potential consequence.

Set-up: Stinky kid is making life unbearable for those around them.
Punishment: If trap fails, stinky kid has to hand wash all the sporting equipment after a big game.

Set-up: Nose picker is leaving disgusting surprises under seats and desks everywhere.
Punishment: If trap failed, scrape every desk and table in the elementary school and the cafeteria clean with a putty knife.

Set-up: Gum chewer is a massive distraction in class and leaves gum on the sidewalk for others to step in
Punishment: Trap failure results in getting pelted with gum wads, getting their locker plastered in chewed gum, and painting the bottom of their shoes with discarded gum.

Set-up: Loud kid blares music everywhere, disrupting class, the library, and bothering students trying to study.
Punishment: trap failure means the student's music is replaced with KPOP, on loop, speakers gone, no way to shut it off.
>>
>>80519541
I LIKE THAT!

they end up actually enjoying the challenges... maybe drive Puzzle Master insane...

>>80519573
this is great! (in my "world" im imagining kids as the protags). I love the idea of a gym teacher becoming "overzealous/insane" with their desire to help kids improve their lives.

I also like the "safe" [punishment] idea of reversing an aspect of their bad habit as the punishment: eg loud music kid has to listen to "bad music, loudly", overeating-candy kid has to eat nothing but vegetable

great work guys
>>
>>80518581
>Capturing rainwater would be important.
No it wouldn't. They could cast nets around clouds and heat them with electricity or magic to condense them into water.
>>
>>80519701
this is anon not me (OP), all ideas/contradictions are welcome though (in my particular setting I pictured magic, so water comes from inside the island (magically), noble-bright, no tech required magical or otherwise)

on the other hand I like the idea of tapping clouds to extract water... good thinking dude
>>
>>80519679
Glad it worked out.

Anyone else have specific ideas they want to develop?

I have some non-/co/ ideas I'd like input on, but I don't want to take up space if there's more relevant content to build up.
>>
>>80519815
well we can build your non-/co/ ideas in the mean time to keep the thread bumped, and to help you... if anything /co/ (slash creative related) comes along we can give it priority
>>
>>80519701
>>80519795
I imagine water collection being a major magical industry, but the kids ruin it all by introducing the idea of condensing clouds, and other basic junior highschool science concepts that rock their insular society to it's core, earning gradually earning them the favor of the Tyrant and their freedom from the sky gladiatorial games. This earns them the hatred of characters such as the grand vizier, the imperial mage, and the Puzzle Master who runs the games, who are all brothers with 2 left feet.
>>
oh PS: Puzzle Master concept and Sky Castle are unrelated (not same story)
>>
what are cool ideas for Giant Robots?
themes...
weapons/powers...
names...
appearence...

unrelatead to previous story concepts (in this thread)
>>
File: aerials.jpg (1 MB, 2000x1527) Image search: [Google]
aerials.jpg
1 MB, 2000x1527
>>80520174
I don't see why. Skyciety needs it's entertainment. Why not force barbarian children to compete in games of wits for the right to return to the world?
>>
File: 1455560332900.gif (12 KB, 167x172) Image search: [Google]
1455560332900.gif
12 KB, 167x172
>>80520232
>giant robots
A giant robot that's very protective of small children (it lets kids climb onto it, makes 'vroom-vroom' sounds for them) but has no idea how they work.
>I didn't know that humans can be quadruped and anthromorphic at the same time.
>Please do not softly hit that child on the upper skull area.
>>
>>80519866
Fair enough...

The idea is to build up a three part story following three different protagonists across three vaguely overlapping time periods as they all deal with the mechanizations of a singular antagonist.

The short and sweet of it is:
Protag 1 is tricked by Evil Sorcerer into freeing a demon from hell, and in doing so, gets trapped themselves. Protag 2 has to track down the Demon and deal with the chaos it causes. Protag 1 fights through hell, eventually finding a way to weaken the Demon. Protag 2 is tricked by evil sorcerer into unknowingly corrupting Protag 1, wiping their memory, turning them into a monsterized servant of the Evil Sorcerer, and freeing them from hell. This leads to the Demon's enslavement to the Evil Sorcerer. Protag 2 finds out about the deception, confronts Evil Sorcerer, gets beaten to a pulp and monsterized. With no one to oppose him, Evil Sorcerer executes ritual of eternal darkness and becomes much more evil, and much more powerful. Protag 3 pops up 200 years latter. Believes in peace, and has ideals completely counter to Protags 1 and 2. Gets killed, goes through hell, rises, continues to stand for mercy and absolution, defeats Evil Sorcerer. Protags 1 and 2 return to their old selves and the world is left to rebuild.

Need help coming up with wacky side characters to keep things from going grimdark/edge. Going for wacky, semi-self aware humor throughout.
>>
>>80520232
Themes:
Progression of technology as a general theme.
>Stone Golem powered as much by magic as technology. Just a mountain suddenly rising up out of nowhere literally using the terrain as a weapon. Disappearing into the earth and popping up at will.

>Bronze Age colossus with ancient greek aesthetics casting thunderbolts and spewing promethain flames. Equipped with a polished shield that forms a death ray when the light hits it just right.

>Iron Age is a huge clockwork knight in impossibly thick armor swinging massive medieval weaponry. When damaged, intricate latticeworks of gears and pulleys are put on display, along with the hundreds if not thousands of pilots necessarily for keeping the behemoth running.

>Industrial Age steam titan built with early locomotive aesthetics and a massive broiler in its chest. Plumes of steam and smoke roar out with every movement, forming a blackened shroud over its head.

>Wood and Brass age of Exploration mecha built for speed and long range capabilities with the aesthetic of classic wooden sailing vessles. Able to float through the skies and rain cannonballs the size of bull elephants uppon targets. A mad captain staninding at his helm either on the face or chest of the thing, shouting orders to his loyal crew.

>WWII era Big Bertha for a chest mech styled after early tanks. Something that has to dig in on all fours to handle the recoil from the main gun that serves as its torso. When the terrain gets rough, it just pulls in the limbs, puts out the treads, and screams hot lead while it charges forward.

>80's Computers are new, lets make a robot prototype. Clunky, garish, and just plain funky piece of junk with a big green retro monitor for a face. It isn't the robot you have to worry about, its the array of satellites its connected with that can rain death lasers from space it can call down. Well, that and the buggy AI controlling the whole shebang.

Any of those sound interesting?
>>
>>80520604
i didn't really picture the sky castle as the center of it's own society, or even as the corner stone of the world, just an *interesting* feature/location

>>80520674
cute

>>80520791
k I have lots of ideas. bearing in mind that you said you (only?) want help coming up with side characters, im going to breeze through some "pre" stuff first.
>Protag 1 is tricked by Evil Sorcerer into freeing a demon from hell, and in doing so, gets trapped themselves.
P1 might be journeying to defeat ES. maybe a "(demon-)"hunter", knight/paladin, fallen-royal figure... eg has some motivation to seek the destruction of ES, could be he's just a hero and understands the danger of ES (to the world).

the "trick" could be a simple misdirect, something like, as spell circle they come across that claims to trap ES, in reality unleashes demon and traps protag. OR he desccends closer to hell and finds "a prisoner" who asks to be freed and "help" defeat ES, when freed revealed to be demon, and could even lock P1 in the cage he was freed from.

>eventually finding a way to weaken the Demon
would be cool if it was simply a *power object* (examp: power crystal) which gives demon it's power PS: might be cool if P2 was a relative of P1 and motivation for defeating ES is either to avenge P1 or carry on their quest

>Protag 2 is tricked by evil sorcerer into unknowingly corrupting Protag 1, wiping their memory, turning them into a monsterized servant of the Evil Sorcerer, and freeing them from hell.
again, maybe in order to "gain access" to P2, ES disguises themself as a harmless person (old crone, etc)... maybe ES needs *a piece* of P1 to take control of them, and P2 provides in under false pretenses (example they carry "their fathers sword, or other family heirloom" and trade it to old crone in order to *further P2's goal* (old crone: "I'll help you find ES if you trade me *that item*... after trading old crone says "I said I'd help you find ES... I'm right here *changes* muahhahaha")
>>
>>80520791
continued

>Protag 2 finds out about the deception, confronts Evil Sorcerer, gets beaten to a pulp and monsterized.
maybe without the heirloom they traded, they cannot defend themselves against ES. so double messed up because it lead to the enslavement of the person they were trying to help, and made them defenseless.

>Protag 3
i take this to mean P3 is a pacifist? when confronted by ES they *turn the other cheek* and are killed? idk how they would make it through the trials of hell without *a warrior's spirit* or the help of P1/P2... maybe some other force can come to their aid, as a *reward* for being such a good person... idk how much of a moral lesson you're intending to inject this story with

>wacky side characters
this ties in with the *problem* i found with P3 getting through hell... a side character might be the *magical aid* that comes to help P3 through hell, despite P3's lack of willingness to participate in violence/mercilessness... eg: an angel? also do P1 and P2 need side characters? P2 could have a side character (wacky, humor etc) that ends up being ES in disguise
>>
>>80521524
"dude... YOU. ARE. THE BEST!!!
how can I work with you more? all of these ideas are amazing!"
-OP
>>
>>80521524
amazing... i dont even know where to start
these are all worthy of their own series
>>
>>80521702
Thanks for the input. Like I said, that was the short and sweet version. I'm too lazy to post it all on pastebin, but there's about 10 pages of that particular story already done. Again, I really do appreciate the input, and I think I'll change a few things around, particularly concerning the Evil Sorcerer's identity reveal to P2. I had originally penned it such that P2 never realized he'd been tricked, but it would fit way better thematically if he knew and just couldn't do anything about it.

BTW, the setting is heavily inspired by retro horror movies. Monsterized individuals are turned into 50's versions of Vampires, Mummies, Frankenstein's Monsters, Creatures from the Black Lagoon, Wolfmen, etc.

I'm trying to develop wacky characters to help keep things from going total edge.

So far the best I've got is a ditzy ghost girl who's following around Protag #3 (A priest). She makes puns ("Does that mean I'm your '-Ghoul- friend'?), references no one else gets (She does the thriller dance and sings a few lines when zombies start to surround the group in a graveyard), and makes macabre jokes ("Wow, Cupid's getting violent" upon seeing a skeleton with an arrow sticking out from the ribcage).

I want more wacky personalities/quirks to keep things humorous and give the relatively straight edge protagonists someone to play off of.
>>
>>80522315
ghost-girl could be *related* in some way (not necessarily genetically) to either P1, P2 or both.

also, it could be that where there's a graveyard on the church's property, and that's where P3 meets her
>>
>>80522315
I'd like to read more / provide input if you want to post it somewhere to read...
>>
>>80521890
>>80521890
I guess I should clarify that the reason this wasn't really /co/ material is because I'm trying to work out the basis for an RPG vidya.

Protag 1 is a hunter hired by the Church. The Church keeps an eye on the gates to hell, and makes sure none of the residents leak out. Evil Sorcerer sets up a bunch of cults, and spreads rumors that a Demon has escaped. The Hunter finds a cultist that claims to be possesed, and that if they die, the Demon will rise from their corpse. The hunter captures the guy and brings him to The Church. They provide some escorts and help the Hunter bring the cultist to hell, and investigate how the demon escaped. They pass through with special keys, go investigating, and find the demon right where he should be. Demon beats them to a pulp, steals their keys, and gets free. Hunter tries to find an escape route with the help of the Evil Sorcerer (whom Hunter has not met, and kind of has to trust). Journey through hell relies on wacky church provided partners and a cultist trying to redeem themselves for fooling everyone, as well as some goofy residents of hell to keep things fun and light. Eventually they escape by letting the Evil Sorcerer alter their souls and summon them out of hell (with Protag 2, the Pladin playing a key role in the ceremony).

I need some zanniness in hell to help make the Hunter look a bit like an over aggressive ass. The mistakes the Hunter makes in hell will be corrected by the Priest (Protag 3) when they travel through on his own redemption.

Protag 2, the Paladin, is going to be a super gung-ho "JUSTICE!" type. They need a Robin to their Batman, and a few good-hearted delinquents for the Paladin to scold. They could also use a streetwise, slightly jaded counterpart to point out the naivete and blindness of the big boyscoutt.

Priest is a pacifist, highly introspective, and filled with self doubt. They need party members to lighten the mood and provide encouragement.
>>
>>80522752
Here's what I've got for the Priest:

Being a devout member of the faith and serving as a Priest, Levi is allied with the church and the good people of Stellen. A natural concern for all peoples suffering in the endless night and orders from the church to save as many souls as possible drives him forward. His main objective is to break the curse plaguing the people of Stellen, and bring back the light. After seeing Val corrupted by dark magic, but still able to walk on holy ground, he begins to delve deeper into the origins and purposes driving the curse. He pushes through trials and tribulations to prove the righteousness of his cause, and do what he believes is right. Levi is unaware of who or what is responsible for the monsters and dark plague shadowing Stellen, but is resolved to set things right.
If he absolves foes and recruits allies, Levi finds his faith rewarded and grows more confident in his actions. Saving lives and restoring a sense of normalcy in a world short on hope keeps his spirits high. If foes are slain and allies turned away, Levi loses faith in himself and his actions, eventually opening up to possible corruption. Being responsible for pain and suffering, either through direct action or his own inaction, will crush Levi’s resolve and turn him from the light. Levi is quick to act when the possibly to lend aid arises, even to the point of falling for obvious traps. The priest also shows an occasional lapse in judgment, leading his teammates to question his decisions.
After hearing the plight of his team members, Levi is ecstatic over the chance to ease their burdens. His morale improves every time he can help teammates overcome their personal plights, and is willing to sacrifice everything for their sake. Failing to aid allies, particularly if it causes a fall to corruption breaks Levi’s spirits, leaving him vulnerable as well.

Idea is to have branched story routes.
>>
>>80522977
is the story's theology Christian-esque or straight Christian (pre-slash-proto Christian)?

does the Church "own" the gates to hell? and do they provide the special keys?

what is the physical composition of "the gates"? is it a door-way with doors? is it a fence-gate? a trapdoor?

how does ES present himself, in hell? how does ES provide help? does he join the party?

so they fail to find anyway to escape and decide their only chance of escape is to let ES altar their souls (PS I like the tie-in with P2 involved in the summoning)
>>
>>80523332
Val, being a vampire, and Protag 1, the Hunter after being summoned out of hell.

Basically, with wiped memories, she incidentally helps the Evil Sorcerer cast a curse of endless night. Due to the unique circumstances surrounding her monsterization, she can't be absolved like other Vampires, but she also isn't vulnerable to Holy objects and can tread upon Holy ground. Levi (the Priest) convinces her to seek out her lost memories before she falls further under the Sorcerer's control. her sidequest involves visiting places important to her and jogging her memory, eventually culminating in her regaining all her memories, destroying a corrupted alter that creates powerful enemies, and helping her regain some of her old skills and equipment.

Personality wise, she's initially closed off and wary of the Priest and his allies. As she warms up to him, she realizes he really is looking out for her best interests, and starts to hate the Sorcerer and becomes more aggressive against all enemies. This leads to a bit of infighting between her and the pacifist priest, adding a layer of tension as the two debate their ideologies. If a peaceful route is followed, Levi eventually convinces her that his way might work better than her more violent approach to this problem.

She definitely needs more depth. It's hard to give an amnesiac strong personality traits, especially when she regains her old memories and personality (which was fairly flat to begin with, as she was a player avatar). I need some ideas for little quirks that make her feel more interesting and well rounded. Bonus if they make for an overall more fun and light hearted setting.

Only thing I've got so far is that she doesn't really like blood and has to try and cover it up when she drinks it. So she pours it in wine or soup first.

>>80521925
>>80521990
Glad you liked the ideas.
>>
>>80523530
Loosely takes ideas from Christianity. Crosses, Bishops, a Pope, holy water, but no outright quoting of scripture.

The Church built a temple above the portal to hell, and sealed it with special keys that are necessary to pass through the portal. It looks like a big slab of stone that they just walk right through. The portal looks basically the same on the hell side, though its all scratched up from demons trying to claw out.

ES acts as a voice from above in hell. He provides suggestions and guidance to help the team get through hell. He tells them about the various sources of the Demon's power and how to deactivate them. He also gives them a head's-up on potential threats and legitimately helps them out (their successes help his long-term plan).

Once the Demon is weakened, ES offers him sanctuary in exchange for a small dose of power. In the meantime, ES lures the Paladin (P2) into the lair and helps him slay the now much weakened demon. Demons can't be permanently killed, but in such a weakened state, it could be sent to hell, with a little help. Que the Paladin wielding a cursed sword (provided by the ES), and sacrificing a portion of his soul (unwittingly) to help the ES summon the Demon to hell and free his newly monsterized minons (P1 and their party).

With the help of the demon's now completely enslaved powers and his new cronies, ES captures a member of the Paladin's party and ghost-ifes her to power a ritual to cast eternal night and grow his monster army.

This leads to the eventual start for Levi, the Priest.
>>
alright, I'm reading through what you've posted... may take a while to mull it over, but I'll post what I come up with soon... I understand you're mostly looking to lighten up the setting with side characters
>>
>>80524253
Don't stay up too late thinking on it. I'll turn in for the night and try to come up with /co/ related content, as well as some more ideas for >>80520232
tomorrow.
>>
are you going to make the game? what are you using to make it?
>>
>>80524448
alright
Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.