[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Could Frank Castle wield Mjolnir? What of his other counterparts?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 3
File: latest.jpg (169 KB, 803x1198) Image search: [Google]
latest.jpg
169 KB, 803x1198
Could Frank Castle wield Mjolnir?
What of his other counterparts?
>>
No, because he lacks the compassion, but he's still probably going to Valhalla.
>>
>>80508139
I thought Frank was incredibly compassionate.
Case in point: Circle of Blood series.
He doesn't kill the kid who was going to kill him for revenge. He is always wary about innocents and protects them.
>>
He is for sure going to Valhalla and maybe move Mjolnir if lucky.
If he was a woman he could for sure.
Maybe Cole could do it.
>>
>>80508215
You can't be compassionate AND be a spree killer. Those kids just weren't his targets.
>>
>>80508482
You can actually. The people he kills deserve it and he is extremely active in avoiding hurting anyone else to the point of letting people get away that he knows will kill again so you could say his compassion is his one weakness. That being said he doesn't seem to let it bother him if they do die
>>
>>80508355
What does being a woman factor into being worthy?

I mean, sure, Black Widow lifted it in Age of Ultron (and that's where the movies are probably going to head).

>>80508482
Usually the most compassionate are driven to kill. The whole idea of vengeance is the larges form of sympathy and empathy one can give to another
>>
>>80508584
>Black Widow lifted it in Age of Ultron
I thought she was the only one who didn't even try to lift it.
>>
>>80508550
>That being said he doesn't seem to let it bother him if they do die
Yeah, see, that ain't compassion. Compassion requires sympathy and Frank barely gives a shit about other people. Choosing to kill people be the bucket full even if they "deserve" it takes a distinct lack of compassion.

>>80508584
>Usually the most compassionate are driven to kill
Nigga take a fuckin psych class.
>>
File: The Poor Children.png (1 MB, 944x805) Image search: [Google]
The Poor Children.png
1 MB, 944x805
>>80508646
In the comics.

>>80508482
>>80508550
Case in point.
>>
>>80508482
>"You can't be compassionate AND be a spree killer"
Of course you are, have you ever heard of the Índigo tribe/lantern coros, these fuckers think that kill you is the most compasive act they can do for you, as they are ending with your misery/pain
>>
>>80508355
>If he was a woman he could for sure
what does having a dick or a cunt have anything to do with anything?
>>
>>80508584
You mean that one issue of the Age of Ultron What If... series?
>>
>>80508735
What is "crime of passion"?
>>
>>80508771
Yeah. So really didn't lift it, but in a way, she did.
>>
>>80508783
"Passion" is not the same as "compassion" dumbass
>>
>>80508737
That's retarded. These are the same comics that think willpower is an emotion.
>>
>>80508824
com·pas·sion
kəmˈpaSHən/
noun
noun: compassion; plural noun: compassions

sympathetic pity and concern for the sufferings or misfortunes of others.

Examples:
A daughter killing an 'abusive' father for her siblings.
A soldier killing to protect those harmed.
>>
The requirements for worthiness are arbitrary and decided are Odin's whim. There's no reason he wouldn't approve of Frank's glorious war against crime.
>>
>>80508942
>A daughter killing an 'abusive' father for her siblings.
Would be a reaction triggered by anger that would override the empathy most people have that stops us from murdering eachother. Ergo crime of passion.
>A soldier killing to protect those harmed.
And yet soldiers who become cops are less likely to fire their weapons on duty.
>>
>>80509322
Explain the Unabomber's reasonings then.
He was what he viewed as compassionate. It was for what he thought was the greater good.
>>
>>80509407
>He was what he viewed as compassionate
by fucking who?
>>
>>80509498
Himself. Perhaps before you should debate you should learn how to read.
>>
File: frank that shoots franks.jpg (583 KB, 664x1001) Image search: [Google]
frank that shoots franks.jpg
583 KB, 664x1001
Just imagine how many Franks he could Frank with a Frank Hammer.
>>
>>80509559
That's not what you wrote besides who gives a shit about what he thinks about himself? Are you retarded?
In any case actions are a better measure of a person than thoughts. If a guy thinks all day about how he wants to not be an asshole and is still be a dick to people than he's an asshole. Murdering a bunch of people is fundamentally not an act of compassion.
>>
>>80508736
Where's this from?
>>
>>80508215

Yeah, but that was Frank from back when he was slightly less than 99% hardass, still kind of believing that he could make the world a better place by killing scum.
>>
>>80510790

The Punisher: Circle of Blood
>>
>>80508736
Was Black Widow less of an amoral psychopath in the comics?

That's the only way I could see it.
>>
Well, I'm a little late, to this, but I'll stick my oar in anyway. I think Frank couldn't do it, but it's not from a lack of compassion for the innocent. He hates criminals, but it's not all personal hatred, he does try to help those hurt by the criminals he murders, in what small ways he can, before going on to the next raid.

No, I think Frank can't lift it, because Frank is too far from honor. He snipes from a distance, he lies and deceives his enemies, he plants bombs to lure them into traps. He believes in Justice for crimes, but has little compunctions on how he conducts himself to achieve that as long as innocents aren't hurt. To be worthy of Thor's hammer, I believe you have to be braver. Even brasher. The Epithet Thor is given is "mighty", and most other "Thors" fit that description, Particularly Beta Ray Bill. You have to challenge your enemy, trust in your might, and defend the innocent to whatever means you can, even if that means killing someone who deserves it. Frank's got the last part down, but not the first bit.
>>
>>80510111
>Murdering a bunch of people is fundamentally not an act of compassion.
of course it is. you are making the world a better place. you are creating a world without suffering. that's considered a pretty great thing.

it's just that other people don't happen to agree that the guy's actions were the right way to go about doing things but that doesn't make him any less compassionate.
>>
>>80513220
>Honor
His goal is bigger than any single kill.
If he challenged each of them to a duel as a normal man, he'd be dead long long ago.
Doing the most good is the most honorable thing.
Therefore he has to use the best tactics he can manage so that he can accomplish the most good / serve the most righteous justice.
Those you've marked as evil deserve no breaks, no compassion, no mercy, prior warning or anything amounting to 'fair play'.
It's not an honorable contest of champions or a sporting event. It's serving death to the wicked.

And if you've followed any significant number of heroes (and we'll use the term loosely), you'll see that almost all of them will use tricks, traps, deception and take their enemies from a distance.
Even Superman, Batman and the Green Lanterns and god knows they're all a bunch of lame ass boy scouts.
>>
>>80513220
Precisely this. Whoever bears the hammer is the Mighty Thor. Frank is strong, but not mighty. Mjolnir is a honorable weapon, and Frank wages his war through less than honorable means.
>>
>>80516227
Your definition of honor isn't necessarily the same as the one embedded in the enchantment on Mjolnir, though.

Also
>batman
>honorable
>pick one and only one
>>
>>80508737
No, they're sociopaths that have compassion FORCED on them.
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.