[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>well made canadian cartoon that was smartly written >canceled
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 9
File: 250px-Fred_title.jpg (29 KB, 250x186) Image search: [Google]
250px-Fred_title.jpg
29 KB, 250x186
>well made canadian cartoon that was smartly written
>canceled after 1 season
>shitty cartoon with shit writing shit jokes and shit animations
>get's an infinite amount of episodes

why ?
>>
>>80488003

the shitty cartoon i am referring too is the schlock canada's brought out recently
>>
>>80488003
Quality doesn't sell
>>
Blame Canada.
>>
File: 1308440147905.jpg (217 KB, 500x690) Image search: [Google]
1308440147905.jpg
217 KB, 500x690
>>80488003
>>80488025

>"why are canadian cartoons all shit and the good ones die early"
>the schlock canada's brought out recently

Because there's cash incentive to produce any cartoon possible for entertainment, by way of getting funding thrown at you by the Canadian government. The governance feared that Canada wasn't putting out enough entertainment to stay relevant, came up with a funding incentive for anyone who can churn out a cartoon, and it all went downhill from there.

As a result of such low requirements for getting the funding (if cartoon, receive free money) and zero quality assurance, the cheapest and shittiest schlock possible gets churned out so most of the cash can be pocketed by the fuckers scamming this shitty system. Kind of like Uwe Boll making awful, cheap movies just so he can make insane amounts of money from a tax loophole, except there's entire teams of him and the profit-expenses ratio is even higher in favor of making shitloads of money.

Good job Canada, your modern animation is certainly relevant now.
>>
>canadian culture
>>
>>80488332

it's got to be more than that

i mean fred's head was funded by the canadian government and teletoon killed it after 1 season
>>
>>80488003

>that episode where fred get's drunk

that show was the tits
>>
Why is everything Canada shits out lately fucking flash animation?
Even when Disney had a Canadian studio do a thing for Gravity falls, they sent back fucking Flash trash
>>
File: 1440064293367.png (137 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
1440064293367.png
137 KB, 250x250
Fred's Head was great with the exception of that fat, ginger fuck who ruined every scene he was ever in.

What possessed them to throw in such a bizarre character in an otherwise very well written show?

The Red haired dyke girl should have been Fred's only best friend
>>
>>80488332
But shouldn't there be some gems in the midst of all the shit?

I mean, bad as Uwe Boll movies are, he still made Postal.
>>
>>80488003
So the reason why Canada produces so many cartoons is because the receive money from the government correct? Does the government also enforce some kind of guidelines for what the cartoon contains? Canadian cartoons seem so universally terrible that I assume someone higher up must be making demands on the creators. I can't imagine an entire country could be so creatively bankrupt otherwise.
>>
i wish the guy who wrote the show would make a webcomic or something

though he's kinda busy trying to make quebec superheros a thing
>>
>>80489035
Canadians are afraid people will forget that they aren't Americans if they don't produce enough Canadian media.

My guess is that their ultimate goal was to create some kind of Canadian Hollywood that would stop all domestic talent from migrating to the States, but failed to realize that paying just anyone to make media would lead to the worst product possible.

Canada is not a well run country, and it would be much more evident if they're strategy of, "Look at how much worse America is" didn't resonate so well with its retarded residents.
>>
>>80489296

there's some people in our country with really good ideas but most of the good stuff never airs see fred's head and todd and the book of pure evil but is completely ok with shipping cheap easy shit like johnny test, degrassi, most of teletoon's programming and nickleback
>>
>>80489296
The Canadian government is SUPER up it's own ass about Canada having an identity separate from the USA, but the general Canadian public really doesn't give a shit.

If I were an animator, or even just a writer, I'd take my ideas to American production companies. I don't even know why anyone would bother with Canada's shitty production companies.
>>
>>80489496
God fucking dammit, Todd and the Book of pure evil being cancelled still pisses me off to this day.
Great shows like that get a fucking 1 season run, while shows like Corner Gas get infinite reruns 7 years after the fucking show came to an end
>>
I don't know anon, I just don't know.

Pic related deserved another season at least.
>>
File: 1447092728987.jpg (41 KB, 399x375) Image search: [Google]
1447092728987.jpg
41 KB, 399x375
>>80489296
That they're should be their, obviously.

That was Canada's fault
>>
File: Dr.dimensionpants.jpg (34 KB, 500x250) Image search: [Google]
Dr.dimensionpants.jpg
34 KB, 500x250
how does canada allow this?
>>
>>80490050

we canadians thrive on mediocrity

just look at our politicians and our music
>>
>>80490708
its ok to make shits canada, but what makes me mad its to put that shit on international TV.
>>
It's baffling why anybody would be GG's friend.
>>
>>80490708
Canadians: All the Smugness of Britain and none of the Culture to back it up
>>
fuckin teletoon man
>>
redheaded girl reminds me of the peppermint patty girl on the other canadian show with music
>>
>>80492749

which one ?
>>
File: 1423366366601.jpg (143 KB, 479x800) Image search: [Google]
1423366366601.jpg
143 KB, 479x800
>>80492901
Grojband
>>
>>80489862
>deserved another season
>this shit
>>80488003
>Fred's head
>GOOD
sometimes being a canadian means I have to deal with american shit taste.
>>
>>80488003
the show was actually not that bad, but still felt like a... Canadian cartoon...
the fat friend ruined any episode he's in
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.