[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Lantern thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3
File: 960.jpg (88 KB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
960.jpg
88 KB, 960x540
Favorite story?

Favorite ring/corps?

Who's You're favorite character?

What would be the first you'd do if you had a lantern ring?

How effay would you dress if you got your ring?

Also was there ever a green lantern that found/got a ring even though he was very lazy or not really willing to do anything?
>>
>>80486129
>How effay would you dress if you got your ring?

I'm a big fan of Alan Scott's principle of "I'll wear a costume so ridiculous that everyone will remember it and not what I actually look like with a domino mask on."

I'm just a big fan of Alan Scott in general. I like how Abnett's gotten his New 52 character back down with the "CEO trying to manage the weight of the world" that Robinson set up originally, but god damn I miss old fart Alan too.
>>
>>80486129
Also what finger would wear your ring on?
>>
>>80486129
Hey /co/, tell me. You hated GL the movie but why?
>>
>>80486296
It was nonsense but not the good kind
>>
>>80486296

>Galaxy-spanning police force
>15 minutes on Oa, 2 hours on earth
>>
>>80486129
>Favorite story?
Green Lantern: Emerald Dawn
Green Lantern Emerald Dawn II
Green Lantern: Emerald Twilight
Blackest Night
Sinestro Corps
>Favorite ring/corps?
Green/Blue
Yellow
>Who's You're favorite character?
Hal
Kyle
Allan
>What would be the first you'd do if you had a lantern ring?
I will make sure that I can be Invisible and Undetected first before I do some small time heroic work like killing drug lords and crime lords
Depends on the climate
>Also was there ever a green lantern that found/got a ring even though he was very lazy or not really willing to do anything?
Arisia?
The Retconed gay one is kind of a disaster
>>
>>80486296
suit was ugly, could have gone for any of the suits in the source material but didn't
too much focus on the civilian side for a cosmic tier hero
inconsistent characterization, weak narrative
complete lack of good qualities to counteract the bad
>>
File: kyle raynor.jpg (71 KB, 498x495) Image search: [Google]
kyle raynor.jpg
71 KB, 498x495
>>80486129
>Favorite Story
Anything with Kyle Raynor, he was awesome

>Favorite Ring/Corps
Green and Yellow are the coolest. Red and Larfleeze are all right. The rest are kinda dumb. If I had to choose, I'd want a Green one.

>Favorite character
Kyle Raynor

>How would you dress
Space cop with a mask, a lot like pic related
>>
>>80486129
>Also was there ever a green lantern that found/got a ring even though he was very lazy or not really willing to do anything
There was a dude named Perdoo who was pretty lazy iirc
>>
>>80487275
I should add, first thing I would do with a ring is check out the sector, especially my own solar system to get a good feel for the area I'm protecting, and then visit Oa if it's still there. Not sure if Oa's in our universe, it's possible but only, like a 1 in a bazillion chance. Be nice to everyone since I'm the new guy and try to start my own Justice League.
>>
>>80486129
>Favorite story?
Wolfman's run, New Frontier, Johns run, silver age GL is delightful

>Favorite ring/corps?
Sinestro Corps best Corps

Hal is my favorite, I like Alan and Sinestro too
>>
>Favorite Story?
Sadly haven't read much...
1.) Darkseid War - Green Lantern (altho his final reasoning for not taking the god power didn't really make sense to me)
2.) Green Lantern Corps - Resort Charge
>Favorite Corps?
1.) Sinestro (for the cool monster designs)
2.) Star Shappires pre new 52 (for the cheesecake)
>Favorite Character?
1.) Natu
2.) Sinestro
3.) Fatality

Of the Human Lanterns John Stewart is my fav.
>>
>>80488719
> Green Lantern Corps - Resort Charge
RECHARGE I meant.
>>
>>80486129
If i got a ring I would prob go around destroying drug cartels and taking all their dirty money.

Then take out places like north korea, rename to it to green korea where I'm their new leader set it up so the next 50 years green korea put thru reverse propaganda.

i would prob dress sit in a gree giant robot. Would feel safer if my barrier was thicker than a slight green glow on my skin. If I wanted to get even safer.
>>
>>80492825
I would prob create tons on dummy constructs shaped like my robot to do patrol
>>
>>80486129
The Green one is supposed to be only limited to the users imagination right?.

I will be a hired assassin to target criminals I will use the rings powers to grant me
Undetectable Invisibility
Absolute Phasing
Teleportation
Warp portal creation
Flight
Face alteration
>>
>>80486175
Was Alan Scott being gay handled well in the new 52
>>
>>80493947
You'd have to define 'well' for me to fully answer that, but I think so- in that you could have easily replaced his fiance with a fiancee without changing his backstory/storyline too much (or really at all); though he is from one of the parallel Earths and therefore doesn't interact with the GL corps or other stuff like that.
>>
>>80486129
Favorite story?
Green Lantern: Emerald Twilight

I will say The New Guardians book was my favorite series, it had a strong concept, amazing cast, even some great villains. The storytelling could have been a lot better at times though.

>Favorite ring/corps?
White

Kyle Rayner

Master it. After that, explore local star system and Earth's oceans. After that move on to rest of the cosmos.

Like the GL from JL3000
>>
>>80486129
The ring would be pretty shitty and finding people who are worthy for it to pick someone lazy like that
>>
>>80486129
How far can a ring projected bullet travel? Can any construct move as fast as bullets? Why doesn't Hal form a fist that can punch as hard as a giant-fist-shaped bullet?
>>
>>80492825
i like this guy
>>
File: kwmmva.jpg (38 KB, 409x516) Image search: [Google]
kwmmva.jpg
38 KB, 409x516
>>80486129
>Favorite story?
I really just love Geoff Johns' run as a whole

>Favorite ring/corps?
Green

Salaak and pre-Nu52 Sodam Yat

Wouldn't I be obliged to go to Oa immediately?
I'm pretty boring, to be honest, so I'd quit my job, make up some believable lie for me family and friends as to why I'm disappearing for who knows how long and then go into Lantern training and serve in the sector I get assigned to, whether it's Earth or not. I would like to travel the Universe in my down time though.

kek, I'd probably change my costume everyday. But I do like suits, so I'll probably wear something like pic related at some point.
>>
>>80486178
>not wearing it on your dick
>>
>>80487275
Raynor?
>>
>>80499010
>How far can a ring projected bullet travel?
not sure
>Can any construct move as fast as bullets?
they can probably move at the speed of light, considering, you know... light.
>Why doesn't Hal form a fist that can punch as hard as a giant-fist-shaped bullet?
bullet's aren't about force, they're about penetration son

also GL rings usually can't administer lethal force
>>
>tfw GL will never pierce the heavens
>>
>>80499010
>>How far can a ring projected bullet travel?
Probably depends on the ring-bearer's will power, like everything else when it comes to constructs.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.