[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Waterbending - plantbending, bloodbending. >Earthbending
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 4
File: giphy.gif (990 KB, 500x315) Image search: [Google]
giphy.gif
990 KB, 500x315
>Waterbending - plantbending, bloodbending.

>Earthbending - sandbending, metalbending, lavabending

>Firebending - blue fire, lightningbending, combustion

>Airbending - ...

Why didn't airbending ever get a subform?
>>
flight
>>
GASBENDING
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (92 KB, 1440x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
92 KB, 1440x1080
>>80483490
>>80483490
>>80483490
>Why didn't airbending ever get a subform?
They didn't need one.
>>
>Majority of these bending masteries are never recorded and instead passed on person to person.
>Wonder why no one can teach aang some obscure art of air bending when everyone is fucking dead

I mean even in LoK all you got was a bunch of idiots and one guy who knew everything inside and out about airbending and even then, all he could do is just levitate after everything hes learned.
>>
Because airbenders are pure.
>>
Because Airbending essentially lets you do a shit load of extra things on its own. Like flying or scootering or potentially being able to rip the air out of someone's body
>>
>>80483490
Because airbending was practiced by conservative monks who didn't like messing with tradition and inventing new techniques.
>>
>>80483490
They probably did before they all fucking died.
>>
File: Earth-Queen.jpg (45 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
Earth-Queen.jpg
45 KB, 1024x576
>>80483652
>potentially being able to rip the air out of someone's body
>potentially
>>
>>80483643
>>Wonder why no one can teach aang some obscure art of air bending when everyone is fucking dead
They could have had him come across scrolls or wall carvings in one of the temples.
>>
>>80483652
This, it's already so versatile.
>>
Airbending is arguably the strongest bending on the planet. That would explain why the airbenders had to be monks.
>>
>>80483490
flying
fartbending
>>
>>80483677
That was such fanservice. For years people here and on other Avatar discussion forums always sperged about HURR WHY DON'T AIRBENDERS JUST SUFFOCATE PEOPLE? And Bryke finally gave it to them to beat off to.
>>
>>80483490
Jinora's spirit projection was described as an airbending technique.
Don't ask me how because I don't understand but that's what the show said.
>>
>>80483723
>fartbending
Meelo as pissed me off. I remember listening to a DVD commentary for one of the ATLA episodes and they were talking about how they actively tried to avoid fart jokes when making the first series. And then Meelo happens.
>>
>>80483788
>Korra
>Canon
>>
>>80483490
Because they Korra learned genderbending instead

That series destroyed this franchise more than that Mknight shamalan movie
>>
>>80483872
I regret finishing that show so god damn much. Should have dropped it after the shitfest that was s2
>>
>>80483849
OP already included Lavabending, so yes, this thread is operating under LoK canon
>>
>>80483872
That's true. The movie had no bearing on the shows universe, but Korra actively fucked up some stuff from the first series. Why did it even go online exclusive if it wasn't making money?
>>
>>80484008
Lava bending appeared in the original. Kyoshi and Roku both do it.
>>
>>80483687
Refer to
>Majority of these bending masteries are never recorded and instead passed on person to person.
>>
which is best element?

which element suits you best?
how would you use it?
>>
>>80483490
That's easy, remember Cloudbending?
>>
>>80484108
>earth
>earth
>Minecraft irl
>>
>>80484092
Not the case. Bloodbending and metalbending were literally invented by a single person. In fact, I think Toph should have been the only person who could metalbend because blindness.
>>
Majoriry of the Earth is air
>>
>>80483490
The subforms are mostly just logical extensions of that element. Air doesn't come in many forms.
>>
>>80483490
Plantbending, bloodbending, sandbending, metalbending, and lavabending aren't really subforms. They're still just moving the element around.

The only true subforms are lightning, combustion, healing, flight, and seismic sense.
>>
>>80484013
because once they put it online it was making a lot of money. it would shoot up to number one on amazon and itunes each week and stay in the top ten for a couple of days.

on the very slim chance we ever get a new avatar series with an actual good budget i bet it'll all be online.
>>
What about energy bending ?
>>
>>80484427
that's the fifth element only avatars can bend
>>
>>80484191
What the fuck do you mean not the case you retard? The person who invents the art passes it unto someone else and teaches them to do it.

That is literally what I just said, and what the fuck does being blind have to do with bending metal? Are you stupid?
>>
>>80484380
I'm pretty sure Bryke are done with Avatar forever now. They're both working on new fantasy properties.
>>
>>80483849
How much more ass devestated can someone be?
>>
>>80484570
i think they've both said that one day they would like to come back but i don't think it'll happen for a few years, maybe not even until the 20s.
>>
>>80483725
And? It was a cool as fuck moment that cemented just how far Zahir was willing to go to see his goals realized.
>>
>>80484191
any earthbender can see using earthbending, she teaches aang to do it and I'd assume it's part of what makes Bumi so strong
>>
>>80484623
>tfw nick spoiled it by posting a fucking gif of it on their website
>>
>>80484460
Was't Amon an energy bender? I dropped Kora after introduced Mako and Bolin.
>>
I understand why airbenders were a pacifist monk civilization, because if they weren't pacifists, then they'd be unstoppable mass-murderers.

To perform advanced sub-forms of the other bending elements, you need intensive specialized training. Bloodbending requires extreme power or a full moon. Sandbending requires high skill or a lifetime of living in the desert. Metalbending was impossible for a long time. Lavabending requires LAVA (good luck finding that in 90% of the world). Blue fire requires hyperskill and lightening bending can literally kill you if you don't do it correctly.

With airbending, all you need are the basics and you can kill the person by sucking oxygen out of their lungs. You also have incredible mobility. You require zero substance to bend because air is everywhere. You cannot be silenced like a waterbender in the desert or an earthbender in that metal prison from the first Avatar series. Airbenders would escape that prison instantly by jumping over the walls, no need to kill anyone even.

The reason why the Fire Nation attacked the Air Nomads first in full force was because of their pure destructive potential. Remember the air master skeleton with mass-bodies of fire nation troops surrounding him? I give you Example A.
>>
>>80484658
he was using bloodbending to seal people's chi points. think of what ty lee did only permanent.
>>
>>80484658
Nah, Amon was [spoilers]just a blood bender who could seal your bending[/spoilers]
>>
>>80484675
they attacked the air nomads because they were looking for aang.
>>
>>80483615
>airbending is the religon of peace
I still love the implications that Gyatso fought for his life using lethal force.
>>
>>80484108

Earth.

Easily the most versatile, considering non-combat related uses too like shelter, farming and mining. Imagine the industrial uses metal bending would have.

I would probably specialize in sand bending, and actually breaking rocks into sand to create traps n'shit. Throw pebbles fast enough for instant bullets.

>>80484675

Pretty sure in Kora lava bending doesn't need lava. They just heat the rock somehow.

DESU I think it's pretty stupid to give earth benders that ability, it covers a massive section of fire binding while being even more lethal.

Would've preferred if only the Avatar could do it as a combination of the two schools.
>>
File: Avatar(s) State.webm (2 MB, 1280x534) Image search: [Google]
2 MB, 1280x534
>>80485066
>Would've preferred if only the Avatar could do it as a combination of the two schools.
Personally I think that's even stupider.

Lava isn't fire+earth. It's just the liquid state of earth.

Waterbenders can control ice. Firebenders can control steam. Why can't earthbenders control lava?
>>
>>80485066
>Would've preferred if only the Avatar could do it as a combination of the two schools.
Illusion of separation as described in AtLA would more than likely allow that regardless of schools.
>>
>>80485066
It feels like something that earth and fire benders can do. Like how water and earth benders can control mud. Though earth benders somehow heating the rocks up is stupid.
Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.