[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey guys can you recommend me some interesting comics? What
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4
File: Invincible_Mark_Grayson_001.jpg (129 KB, 1000x758) Image search: [Google]
Invincible_Mark_Grayson_001.jpg
129 KB, 1000x758
Hey guys can you recommend me some interesting comics?

What I'm looking for is a story about someone still figuring his powers out or a team that's just starting. I enjoy character driven stories where we deal with problems with the characters day to day life instead of just fighting crime.

In that regard I really like Invincible and the first chapters of The Ultimate some pretty great.
>>
>>80474622
Kamala Ms Marvel.
>>
>>80474622
>Can you recommemd me some interesting comics?

Sure! Usagi Yojimbo, Hellboy, Lucifer, Bone...

>powers
>fighting crime

Fuck you and your cape centric world.
>>
>>80474622
New x-men/academy X

a bunch of x-kids learn about their powers and use them for good while trying to have a normal live, is a 40+ issue comic
>>
>>80474695
It doesn't have to be capeshit. Just something that deals topics I mentioned. Love Hellboy by the way. One of my favorite series
>>
>>80474622
The Xaime parts of Love & Rockets deal with the character's personal issues and day to day problems. It's not cape but there are some hints of sci-fi. Beto's parts are good too but they're more about magical realism.
>>
Have you read the Vertigo trinity yet?

Hellblazer Lucifer and Swampman

Also more cape oriented you should read Warren Ellis' Wildstorm titles, The Authority and Planetary
>>
Empowered
>>
File: 1456637327958.jpg (1 MB, 1988x3056) Image search: [Google]
1456637327958.jpg
1 MB, 1988x3056
>>80474622
>I really like Invincible
good taste
>>
File: 1445807934239.jpg (160 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
1445807934239.jpg
160 KB, 600x600
>>80474622
Blue Beetle
>>
>>80474622
Freak Squeele fits the bill perfectly.

And since I'm a nice fellow :
http://mangafox.me/manga/freaks_squeele/v01/c001/
>>
>>80474695
>instead of just fighting crim
>>
Waid's Wally run
>>
>>80474695
>Not liking all kind of comics.

Is this leddit?
>>
>>80474622
Read silver age spiderman, is literally the first teenage superhero, the world hate him including himself.
>>
File: Dynamo5_cover_500w.jpg (132 KB, 500x770) Image search: [Google]
Dynamo5_cover_500w.jpg
132 KB, 500x770
I recommend DYNAMO 5 by Jay Faerber (Copperhead) and Mahmud Asrar (Supergirl, All New X-Men, Avengers).

The premise is that a Superman-esque character gets murdered. His widow, a former journalist and secret agent, finds out that he cheated her with dozens of women around the country, and some of them had his offsprings, who at the present are teenagers or adults. The wife puts five of them on the same room and exposes them with the same radiation that his biological father was exposed in order to get his set powers, and now each of them has only one of his powers, and are forced to protect his father's city whenever they want it or not.

Good ensemble with solid storytelling and twists. It's divided on six trades and it features appearances by other Image based characters like Invincible or Savage Dragon.

This fits your criteria, OP.
>>
>>80475431
this
silver age spidey is GOAT
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.