[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Zootopia >Star Wars >Avengers >Inside Out Has Disney
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
File: dd_2008_1a.jpg (78 KB, 350x137) Image search: [Google]
dd_2008_1a.jpg
78 KB, 350x137
>Zootopia
>Star Wars
>Avengers
>Inside Out

Has Disney ever been on a greater roll than they're on right now?
>>
To be fair, the competition isn't that great

or real.
>>
>>80471307
Avengers II was kinda bad and Star Wars VII felt a little boring and too much like a re-hash of A New Hope after they left Jakku, but yeah Disney is raking in the money right now.
>>
>>80471307
on another note this mickey design is really good, i hope its the new default
>>
The new Star Wars movie wasn't very good. It gives the impression that someone carefully crafted a good story about the protagonist searching for Luke, only to have a drooling maniac swoop in and attach an absurd Imperious Death Star Rex everywhere until until the story was lost.
>>
>>80471359
Star Wars made 2 billion
>>
Is there even competition?
>>
>>80471307
I don't consider this to be a good thing. A conglomerate as big and as financially bloated as Disney is not healthy for the industry. They're making more money than God, but their output doesn't demonstrate the quality deserving of such success. Force Awakens was simply a rehash of A New Hope. Avengers 1 and 2 were mediocre at best. It's pure laziness, but it's the result of bwing the big dog on top with zero competition.
>>
>>80471368
I felt like there was a fantastic story there if they had been willing to do away with the Jedi nonsense. Finn really should have been the main character. He has the character arc, the deep connection to the bad guys and the pertinent knowledge on the villains weapon to be such. Rey doesn't have anything to do with what's happening until the end when the Jedi stuff starts. But no, we gotta have the Jedi in there somewhere.
>>
>>80471417
Yeah I'm well aware of how popular it was, I was working that shit and I said they were raking in the money. I just said I don't think it was anything special and tried too hard to ride the coat tails of the originals.
>>
>>80471424
Universal. They had Minions, Furious 7, Jurassic World and Straight Outta Compton. Also they to have their own theme parks. But other than Universal and Disney, no there isn't really much competition for the top spot.
>>
File: Disney.jpg (92 KB, 600x448) Image search: [Google]
Disney.jpg
92 KB, 600x448
You tell me.

www.wired.com/2016/02/star-wars-gives-disney-its-best-quarter-in-company-history/
>>
>>80471446
I think Rey would have left a better impression, if she could have kept on the Luke quest, instead of being side tracked. Nobody should suddenly manifest telekinesis or mind trick powers without some level of rudimentary training.
>>
>>80471307
>mediocre output
>lots of money

How is this different to what Disney has been doing since the late 1920s?
>>
>>80471494
They make all that money, and yet they still pressure their employees to give up a portion of their paychecks to pay for their lobbyists working on extending copyright law.
>>
>>80471494
MAKIN' IT RAIN
>>
>>80471560
Don't hate the playa, hate the game.
>>
>>80471560
Without copyright law protecting their asses, they wouldn't win that money.
>>
>>80471537
hey... hey now fuck boy, emprahs new groove was NOT mediocre.
>>
>>80471307
Financially, no. They're rolling even with the pending downfall of espn. The theme parks are booming, the licensing agreements are through the roof, the film's are successful with diversity in cast and film type.

Quality wise, it's close but I'd have to say yes. I k ow everyone loves the Renaissance nut just remember that while gr eat animated films like Mulan wre being made, shit live action stuff like inspector gadget was being made too.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.