[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So what does /co/ think of The Far Side?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 6
So what does /co/ think of The Far Side?
>>
>>80464579
Godly.
>>
File: CcTJNtdUAAIr3Bd.jpg (24 KB, 311x400) Image search: [Google]
CcTJNtdUAAIr3Bd.jpg
24 KB, 311x400
>>80464579

Myself, it's one of my favorite comic series. Read it all the time growing up.

It's weird, though, I never hear it discussed. Is it that good?
>>
>>80464579
Can't be quantified with earthen measurements.
>>
>>80464621

its up there with Calvin&Hobbes in the pantheon of inspiration and aspirations
>>
An eternal classic.
>>
>>80464579
Been there Ned, been there.
>>
File: Wendall Zurkowitz.jpg (128 KB, 736x928) Image search: [Google]
Wendall Zurkowitz.jpg
128 KB, 736x928
>>80464579

I like how modest Gary Larson's talents are. Even if he doesn't know how to draw something he draws it, anyway. Another observation is that his backgrounds go on forever, he seems them going on for miles. It's a surreal detail to see in his simple gag comics. His deadpan humor is great.
>>
File: far_side_mountain_goat.jpg (64 KB, 432x551) Image search: [Google]
far_side_mountain_goat.jpg
64 KB, 432x551
>>
File: uLmTa9r.jpg (159 KB, 780x1024) Image search: [Google]
uLmTa9r.jpg
159 KB, 780x1024
I love how surreal and dark these can get.
>>
>>80464621
>It's weird, though, I never hear it discussed. Is it that good?

He respectfully asked that his comics not be uploaded to the internet en-masse, so he could make money off the printed collections. He was a cool enough bro that the internet mostly listened.

Everyone likes it, but it intentionally avoids the sort of viral internet fame a webcomic or somesuch would have.
>>
>>80465002
I guess that makes discussion of it online hard.
>>
>>80464947
>Kafka's:Metamorphosis epilogue
>>
It's okay. I can recognize Larson's talents but I didn't most of the Far Side cartoons to be funny personally speaking.
>>
I've got some of the gallery books.

I kind of want to give them to my mom for her classroom, though, and just get the collection.

It somehow strikes me as exceedingly weird that kids today might not have heard of it.
>>
>>80464579
best comic of all time.
>>
>>80464579
And I remain on the far side of crazy
I remain the mortal enemy of man
No hundred dollar cure will save me
Can't stay a boy in no man's land
>>
>>80464947
>>80464947
>The Joke
>You
>>
Cow Tools
>>
I own few physical /co/ stuff, but I own two books of this. It's the funniest to just look at time to time.
I need to find that box of books to re-read some.
>>
>>80464621
My inner /k/ is triggered
>>
>>80464947
How Kafkaesque.
>>
>>80464579
Didn't Larson ban all web postings of FS episodes? I guess that's part of the reason you don't see any Net memes based on FS strips, even though the format is perfect for it.
>>
File: chicken boo.png (270 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
chicken boo.png
270 KB, 500x375
>>80464947
"He's a cockroach, I tell you! A giant cockroach!"
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.