[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Disney Has "No Plans" To Make R-Rated Marvel Movies
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 4
File: thors.jpg (143 KB, 1410x328) Image search: [Google]
thors.jpg
143 KB, 1410x328
http://www.comicbookresources.com/article/disney-has-no-plans-make-r-rated-marvel-movies
>>
Who the fuck cares
>>
Why on earth would they? They make kiddy/family movies for all ages that are lighthearted and fun first and formost.
>>
>>80424974
As they should. It allows us to get much more R-Rated content on their shows (Deadpool, Punisher, Jessica Jones)
>>
>>80425010
I would imagine the board thats about comics does, as do you since you replied. Just stick to your gravity falls or FOP thread or whatever shit you idiots love at the moment.
>>
What they're doing now is clearly working for them, there is zero incentive to change that
>>
>>80424974
In other news, water is wet.
>>
>>80425053
Comics aren't movies you dumbfuck. Take your shit to /tv/. We had enough movie threads for the day.
>>
>rated r
Gunn was right.
>>
So how will a PG-13 Blade movie work?
>>
>>80425102
Comic Adaptations belong on /co/ mate
>>
I'm not complaining. I never understand why some want comic adaptations to become rate-R.

Disney has always been family orienated and their movies does fairly well without a rated-R label.
>>
>>80425250

doens't Fox have blade
>>
>>80425255
Don't reply to it.
>>
>>80424974

But why not? Surely there's a market for R-Rated romantic comedies.
>>
>>80425272
>I'm not complaining. I never understand why some want comic adaptations to become rate-R.

someone said it in another thread and it really speaks about capes as a whole in a lot of ways.

People who grew up reading these books refused to let them go and instead insist on trying to force them "mature" in a vain attempt to shake the impression that it's all kids stuff, when really there's no harm in enjoying kids stuff and no harm in moving on either.
>>
>>80424974
I'm fine with that. They don't need to make a R-Rated movie if they don't want to, and having such a rating wouldn't automatically make it good or bad.
This isn't really a matter of keeping up with the Joneses.
>>
>>80425276
Marvel got back the rights to the Blade movie.
>>
>Rated R means it's better!
Do people really believe this?
>>
Literally nothing wrong with this.

Never said anything about stopping making TV-MA shows anyway
>>
>>80425250
>>80425276

Blade wouldn't be a movie. But more of tv show. If anything, Netflix and HBO is fitting.
Also, Blade movie/tv rights is in Marvel hand now.
>>
>>80425488
Isn't HBO, Warner?
>>
>>80425549
I think Showtime is
>>
>>80425357
but how will you shitpost about it with that kind of attitude anon
>>
>>80425586
nevermind Showtime is Viacom HBO is Warner
>>
Literally nobody but consolewars autist care about this shit.
>>
>>80424974
Just because Deadpool was a success doesn't mean R-rated capeshit is automatically better. The vast majority of cape comics aren't R rated either, so who the fuck gives a shit?
>>
>>80425339

There's plenty of Marvel material that needs to be R to work.

Obviously marvel suddenly making every release Deadpool wouldn't be any better than all of them being Buffy the Vampire Slayer but there's plenty of merit in the idea of a serious cape film.
>>
File: nextwaveteam.jpg (109 KB, 550x400) Image search: [Google]
nextwaveteam.jpg
109 KB, 550x400
>>80424974
This is what I get for dreaming.
>>
This shouldn't come as a surprise to anyone. What they have now generates more than enough money and there's no guarantee that diving onto R movies would get them any more .
>>
>>80427062
You can still get your Nextwave Netflix series
>>
>>80424974
Good on them for not chasing the gimmick
>>
>>80427062
Who do we replace Boom Boom with? OC?
>>
>>80425483
If the character is an R rated character (like Deadpool or John Constantine ) then yes
>>
>>80425339
>People who grew up reading these books refused to let them go and instead insist on trying to force them "mature"
Give it a rest already, comics have been edgy and "mature" for more than 30 years now. Unless you're older than 40, you grew up reading "mature" comic books. Disney-Marvel are the ones forcing a light kid-friendly family fun approach to the genre.
>>
>>80427466
>Anon seriously thinks this is a bad thing
>>
>>80427477
It kind of is when it leads to Quiptron saying dumb shit every 5 seconds he's on screen because they're not allowed to do anything actually funny or scary.
>>
>>80427477
There's nothing wrong with making movies with that tone, the problem is the hordes of idiots who believe that's an accurate representation of cape comics tone in general, and that every comic book adaptation should stick to the same formula.
>>
>>80427466
They're juvenile either way. Might as well stop pretending to be adult.
>>
>>80427323
Some random Inhuman named Bang Bang.
>>
>>80425170
You think you know me
>>
>>80425053
>>80425255
Wow so you're new to comics and 4chan, let me be the first to tell you it's very different from reddit
>>
>>80424974

>"R-Rated" all of a sudden synonymous with "Good movie"

It's like people forgot the 90's..
>>
>>80424974
The dont have the rights to the X men and the fantastic 4 get those back first
>>
>>80430705
Shitty bait
>>
>>80428420
I laughed.
>>
File: Midnight sons.jpg (72 KB, 442x413) Image search: [Google]
Midnight sons.jpg
72 KB, 442x413
>>80425250
>>80425488
This. Just make Blade a Netflix series, Daredevil and Jessica Jones proved they don't a shit about ratings there.
>>
>>80425012
>>80425089
This right here. If they tried to go R they'd probably fuck it up. They should continue playing to their strengths.
>>
>>80424974
They already said a long time ago that the MCU will always be light hearted comedy.
>>
>>80424974
I can't think of a single character that would be better served by an R rated movie than a Netflix series.
>>
>>80432628
Jessica Jones would have benefited a shitton if they had cut it down to just a movie. So much completely pointless padding could have been axed, and it's not like they had a plot that could fill the time.

Cut the subplots and the repetition of capturing Killgrave/him getting out and doing shit again and again, and you've got a tight runtime that actually fits perfect.
>>
>>80432628
Punisher?
>>
Aw man, I was hoping that Iron Man would buzzsaw a guy's head off while being cock deep in a girls ass and shouting "Fuck fags!"
>>
>>80424974
I am horrified that these children's comic book characters won't be in movies that exclude children from the audience.
>>
>>80432628
agreed, pretty much all of the marvel characters who would benefit from an R rating (and as a movie, not a show) are owned by fox

I mean, you could argue that Ghost Rider should be R, but I think that the best ghost rider stories are too long to be movies anyway
>>
This shouldn't surprise anyone. They've already got their Netflix shows for their less wholesome characters.
Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.