[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: Comics people like now that will one day be features in
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 5
File: eow.jpg (100 KB, 769x1182) Image search: [Google]
eow.jpg
100 KB, 769x1182
ITT: Comics people like now that will one day be features in a storytime of pain.
>>
>>80376421
Must you try to ruin everything good in this world?
>>
the ending would have to be pretty bad
>>
>>80376421
Why?
>>
east of west is great you retard
>>
What did he mean by this?

I was thinking about picking the first trade up
>>
>m-muh hackman
>>
File: East-of-West-Image2.jpg (654 KB, 1765x1094) Image search: [Google]
East-of-West-Image2.jpg
654 KB, 1765x1094
>>80376831
I mean the comic is literally all build up so if they botch the landing and break both there legs, it'll be a problem.
But its still too pretty for that.
>>
>>80376892
Shitposting in your own thread, eh? Pretty sad desu
>>
>>80376892
>Muh memes
>>
>>80376937
>>80376971
im not op though i like hickman comics
>>
>>80376888
He's just shitposting.
>>
>>80376936
This is the problem. If it ended tomorrow all that would be left is a complete clusterfuck of worthless nonsense.
And there's about a 50/50 chance Hickman has no idea where any of it is even going.
Mark my words, it'll end in tears.
>>
>>80377192
really? because EoW if you actually look it on a macro-sense is pretty calculated.
>>
>>80377192
I mean, that's par for the course with Hickman. FF aside, he never sticks the landing. Personally, that doesn't bother me because I always enjoy his build-up. I like all the moves within moves and putting pieces into place that his comics do.

Also he tends to do great character-work within all that build-up, something that people who have only read his Avengers (which had pretty much 0 character work) ignore/overlook.
>>
>>80377242
Yeah, I'd say East of West has the best chance of sticking it's landing. It's all OC, everything is on the two of them, Dragotta seems like an alright dude. It'll probably end in some bloodbath / the cycle continues kinda thing, but it'll be a fun ride.

Manhattan Projects is the one to worry about.
>>
>>80377294
yeah hickman's FF, Secret Warriors and East of West all have great characters

can I ask something? Why do so many people think a comic's value is predicated on its ending? It's as if to comic readers none of the other components matter.
>>
>>80377365
pretty sure TMP is on the backburner. According to some maybe true maybe false insider material, Pitarra no longer has a passion for it and only does it for the paycheck, and Hickman is so disillusioned with Pitarra and his other artists being late and delaying issues that he's given up
>>
>>80377242
Hickman always meticulously plans his comics. He writes his comics 60 issues at a time and spends more time making graphs and charts to keep the flow straight than he does actually writing his comics.

The issue is that most of his comics at Marvel had either editorial meddling (Hickvengers) or premature cancellation (Secret Warriors, SHIELD) get in the way of those plans. Like in Secret Warriors, he meticulously planned it for 60 issues, and then it ended at 28 so the ending is clearly rushed as fuck.

Presumably that won't happen with East of West since there's no editorial to deal with and the sales are high enough that he should be able to keep it going for the whole run.
>>
File: East-of-West-The-Accords.png (543 KB, 991x437) Image search: [Google]
East-of-West-The-Accords.png
543 KB, 991x437
>>80376421
Fuck it. I wanted to talk about east of west. I'll take this as a sign. With nation would you be in.
I'm black so I get the Soul/Blaxploitation paradise of The Kingdom
>>
>>80377429
shield's last two issues just need to be lettered at this point
but yeah secret warriors cancellation really affected it. does anybody even use those characters anymore other than daisy?
as far as the nobody using hickman's characters go, it makes sense weisman is writing starbrand and nightmask. he seems like he'd totally be a hickman fan
>>
>>80377740
Secret Warriors is the (loose) basis for Agents of SHIELD, so there's that at least.
>>
File: 33441.png (19 KB, 526x172) Image search: [Google]
33441.png
19 KB, 526x172
>>80377788
>tfw no sebastian druid self-betterment episode of AoS
>>
>>80377631
i wanna be in the First nation because shamanism, spirits, and magic. I'm black though, not native american, so maybe we will see some magic reason to be in The Kingdom like a voodoo shaman. I could fuck with that.
>>
>>80377840
He isn't talking about The Beauty?
>>
File: 12.jpg (726 KB, 1193x1834) Image search: [Google]
12.jpg
726 KB, 1193x1834
>>80377889
but the endless nation forsook magic and is now rule by ai basically
>>
>>80378004
Half of them are actually pretty good. They're doing that Django thing were the slighted groups of history get there due.
>>
>>80377379
It isn't all that matters in most comics, but it's all that matters with this one by Hickman's own design.
>>
>>80378708
but the concept of "end" takes on multiple meanings in this case
end of the world =/= end of the comic
end could also mean as you say grand design
>>
>>80377840
I could see them bringing in Sebastian Druid closer to Dr. Strange.
>>
>>80377379
It's because Hickman likes to build and build with mysteries, and drag things out and leave you wondering where it's all going. This means that there needs to be a corresponding level of THAT'S AWESOME/that totally works when you plop down some answers, otherwise it's anti-climax.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.