[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Captain America Civil War Positive Test Screenings
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 71
Thread images: 8
>I've had the luck to speak to a couple of people who have seen recent screenings of Civil War and what they said about it has gotten me so excited for the film. I'm even more excited because these reactions are from different people but what they liked is very similar. When you're hearing early reports from screenings you have to take taste into account - I will never forget that a publicist told me that Zodiac was a stinker - but when you have multiple sources sharing the same opinion you can feel more secure in what they're saying.

>What are they saying? That the movie is fully a sequel to The Winter Soldier. I've been telling you this for a while, but now that the film is finished it seems to be confirmed - this isn't Avengers 2.5, but rather Captain America 3, and it truly focuses on Cap and Bucky. I have been told that Spider-Man is great, and that the film doesn't waste time on retelling his origin. We all get it, and the movie just moves along. I've been told that Black Panther is phenomenal, and that Chadwick Boseman is a major addition to the MCU. This movie picks up the pieces of Avengers: Age of Ultron in surprising and human ways and makes us feel the true cost of Sokovia. And I've been told that the last half hour of the film is brutal, both physically and emotionally. One person told me that the last act plays out as an emotional horror movie because the film gives both Tony and Steve solid reasoning, and because it truly makes you feel the depths of this schism.

>God, I hope this is all correct. I like that Marvel has been essentially laying low on Civil War lately, allowing Batman v Superman to do its business, but also that they're confident enough in the film to begin screening it. I expect we will see one last trailer for Civil War in the next week or so - is it too heavy to put in front of Zootopia? - and then the wait will be truly difficult.

http://birthmoviesdeath.com/2016/03/01/new-civil-war-photos-brings-us-behind-the-battle
>>
>>80369908
>this thread again

If you're going to shill, either shill comics/cartoons or fuck off to /tv/.
>>
>>80369989
>Stop shilling
>gets mad when anyone says the same on BVS
Shill
>>
>faraci
>>
>Faraci
>>
>faraci
>>
File: photo_6_200_200_81_s_c1.jpg (11 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
photo_6_200_200_81_s_c1.jpg
11 KB, 200x200
>>80369908
>>80370046
>>80370072
>>
>>80370072
>>80370046
But guys, I'd say he is the greatest critical mind of his time, and he humbly insists he is only the voice of a generation. When he's not mainlining anime, Devin has been writing about movies online since there was a 21st century.
>>
>>80370046
>>80370072
>>80370191
His opinions might be shit, but his scoops are legit.
>>
Remember kids. If you like Daredevil more than Jessica Jones, you're a mysoginist.
>>
>>80370322
Like the Daredevil one?

He's not *always wrong*, he just never knows what he talks about, so he has the hit ratio of a random agent.

>>80370371
I don't get why has no-one ever punched him. This kind of shit would get you stomped - by women even - where I'm from.
>>
Hope so, I like when things aren't shit.
>>
File: Daredevil Buzz.png (43 KB, 636x276) Image search: [Google]
Daredevil Buzz.png
43 KB, 636x276
>>80370322
Very legit.
>>
>>80370448
He hasn't been wrong about BvS's story so far.
>>
>>80370448
>I don't get why has no-one ever punched him.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bg9Ju8hVnvE
>>
>>80369908
NONBELIEVERS BTFO
>>
>>80370371
>MUH WOMEN

What is it with these people and putting pussy on a pedestal?
>>
>>80370371
>>80370503

I feel like this guy might just not be a fan of Daredevil.
>>
>>80370557
They hope it will get them laid.
>>
>>80370580
No, he's just a giant SJW.
>>
>>80369908
Wasn't all his articles on "Age of Ultron" filled with the same kind of hyperbole? It was suppposed to "change the face of comicbook movies" or somesuch nonsense.
>>
>>80370647
His source is probably the marketing department
>>
>>80370557

It's not even that, it's just this weird mentality of YOU JUST DON'T LIKE ONE BECAUSE THERE'S A GIRL! like they're the exact same story. There are totally plausible reasons to prefer the story of a blind ninja going around punching people over the story of a super-powered detective still haunted by memories of being mindraped by David Tennant but this guy sounds like a 13-year-old going "they r probably misogonist lol!"
>>
>>80370322
His scoops are the opposite of legit.
>>
>>80370588

Has that EVER worked for ANYONE?
>>
>>80369908
>makes us feel the true cost of Sokovia
Well, that would make for a change of pace.
>>
>>80370371
>>80370624

I hate people like this, very much.
Why hasn't he been on the wrong side of a tragic traffic accident yet?
>>
>>80370544

Guy needs to work out and get a better diet.
>>
>>80374109
He should start eating more and die of the 'beetus. It's faster that way.
>>
love Faraci, it's hilarious watching /co/ get all flustered his scoops are usually right
>>
>>80374552

Well, he IS american
>>
>>80374580(You)
>>80370322(You)
>>
>>80374580
No-one wants him to be wrong, I want Cap 3 to be fucking amazing and blow BvS outta the water, he's just a dick.
>>
File: joke.gif (688 KB, 360x194) Image search: [Google]
joke.gif
688 KB, 360x194
>>80369908
who fucking cares
>>
>>80370857
nope, because that's not why they do it. They do it because they're cucks. Not because they want to get laid. They're probably horrified of women.
>>
>>80370371
Yup, it wasn't the foot dragging, personality switching, mentioning of plot points and dropping, or repetitive dialogue that turned me off. It was da women.
>>
>>80370624
>White male privilege

Someone post a picture of this fucking faggot. I need to see the type of human who actually says this.
>>
>faraci
Hahahaha
>>
>>80374738
There's a video on this thread already. Lurk more.

Fat, WHITE, neckbearded idiot who talks down to everyone. All this not considering he probably got the cushy job over several black men and/or women. But in his case, it's talent and much deserved recognition.

See also: Moviebob, aka Faraci's #1 Fan.
>>
>>80370371
It's funny that /co/ is getting mad about this when I'm pretty sure him reading a Jessica Jones thread on this board alone would probably reaffirm his retarded opinion.
>>
>>80369908

So if Faraci likes it that means it's bad right?
>>
Here's my question again: how does Marvel manage to avoid negative leaks?

Avengers: Age of Ultron had a lot of problems in test screenings but there were no negative leaks about it; we had to see it to find out it had problems.

Even Ant-Man mostly kept such a tight rein on leaks that Edgar Wright's departure came as a shock.

Does Marvel just have employees who are terrified to talk to the press?
>>
File: 1.jpg (57 KB, 1280x768) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
57 KB, 1280x768
>Believing Devin farcry
>Ever
>>
>>80376093
>Avengers: Age of Ultron had a lot of problems in test screenings

No, it didn't.
>>
>>80369908
Have any of these test screening threads ever been full of shit reviews?

I think the only one that can close was Fantastic which was mostly done by leaks.
>>
>>80370044
The difference is that people are actually excited for BvS. Only shills and tumblrites give a fuck about the MemeCU.
>>
>>80376312
The Thor subplot (which the director didn't want in the first place) was cut down to almost nothing because the test audiences reacted negatively. If it were another studio we'd have gotten some leaks about that.
>>
Is this the final nail on marvels coffin?
>>
>>80376326
Fuck off with this console war tier faggotry.
>>
>>80369908
The fact that this is from Faracci doesn't fill me with confidence.
>>
>>80376397
No, we wouldn't. That's not how test-screenings work. At most we get "this is testing positively", "this had mixed results", "this is downright awful".

And, judging by /co/'s reaction, anything less than "this is the greatest movie ever" will be dismissed as some sort of elaborate conspiracy about that movie whose characters you like.
>>
People are invested in the story by this point. It would take something truly heinous to get a negative audience response.
>>
I hope this movie AND BvS are both great. Yay, great movies for everyone!
>>
>>80376720
I'm sorry but people who like things I don't like can't be allowed to be happy.
>>
>>80376397
Not just that

Loki's scene was cut because audiences thought he was the one who created Ultron.
>>
>>80376720
MODS!!!!
>>
How did this end up being the least anticipated movie this year?
>>
>>80376954
I know people are anticipating it but I think it looks boring. The trailer just looked liked a bunch of people standing there.
>>
>>80376848

>/co/
>>
All I really care about any more is Wanda getting out alive.

I feel like the Marvel Merchandising Snipers have a pinpoint target on her because of the shared rights with Fox.
>>
>>80376954
speak for yourself
>>
>>80377074
Sorry but that's /v/'s thing. /co/ needs to find its own defining trait.
>>
>>80377135

>Implying this is not how the entirety of 4Chan works

Don't such a fucking newfag
>>
>>80377110
She's a woman though so they can't kill her. And she's also the only semi interesting woman in the MCU and she's my waifu so the BETTER not kill her
>>
>>80370580
http://birthmoviesdeath.com/2015/04/15/daredevil-review-marvels-first-netflix-show-is-overlong-pretty-okay

what do you think
>>
>>80376954
yeah right
http://variety.com/2016/film/news/captain-american-civil-war-trailer-super-bowl-1201701342/
>>
>>80377166
Yeah but it's /v/'s thing moreso than the others. You wouldn't accuse /v/ of being the tumblr board would you? I'm surebthe humber of tumblr crossposters on /v/ is greater than zero but that's still /co/'s thing. Baneposting is on every board too but it's still clearly a /tv/ thing. Bitching about spoonfeeding is /a/ even though most boards do it to some degree.

>actually using the term newfag

Kek
>>
File: 1.jpg (173 KB, 1418x1583) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
173 KB, 1418x1583
>>80377314
Haha no.
>>
>>80377403
You do know Marvel posted that hours later right?

They posted the trailer on twitter video
>>
>>80377491
Don't bother. Trailer views and advanced ticket analysis discussions have become as big a shitposting platform as box office and RT score analysis discussion. Best leave it alone.
>>
>>80377110
This. I just want her to get through alive. DESU its killed alot of the hype for me. The fact that to meet Dr Strange will probably involve her being true to her name and wandering into the unknown in some way hopefully is what Civil War leads to.

Her not being in Infinity War would be the stupidest thing, most enormous waste ever.
Thread replies: 71
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.