[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Tell me about Gambit. Why does he wear the dumb head gear thing?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 5
Tell me about Gambit. Why does he wear the dumb head gear thing?
>>
I don't think the people who made Gambit could tell you that.
>>
He's working with explosives, he needs to protect his head, but his hair is so good he wants to show it off.
>>
He's always doing stuff that'll get him hit in the head.
>>
>>80364379
Its a wig holder, I mean look at that hair it cant be real
>>
>>80364465
His hair has so much gel in it that it already works as a helmet.
>>
Design element like Domino mask.
Looks a bit like a stylized headguard though
>>
File: baby-fuck.1381230411041.xmen.jpg (168 KB, 498x1120) Image search: [Google]
baby-fuck.1381230411041.xmen.jpg
168 KB, 498x1120
It's a onesie that retards the growth of body hair via friction.
>>
>>80364379
He thinks it looks cool. In character that is the answer for nearly everything about uniforms.

Spidermans web armpits? He thinks it's cool.

Batmans arm spikes? They're not catch blades, that's stupid. He just thinks they're cool.

The little wings on Caps helmet? The giant A on his forehead? He thinks they're cool.

Supermans undies over his pants? His mom thinks they're cool. She's the one who made his original uniform.

Aquamans baffling combination of orange and green clothes? He thinks it's a good color combination.

Robins pointy shoes and green speedo? Dick thought they were cool. The other Robins have been changing the uniform ever since.
>>
I think it's a 90s thing.
>>
>>80364586
>Colossus spends like 80% of his day shirtless
Why is he so lewd?
>>
What is reason for Gambit's lack of popularity these days? Writers hate him?
>>
>>80365430
Nah,Jack Kirby was using it way before then
>>
>>80365279
Jason kept the same uniform.
>>
>>80364586
Wow I didn't realize how long Bendis has been in comics
>>
>>80365466
Oh yeah, that's right.
>>
>>80364586
>dat Rogue
Oh baby
>>
>>80365460
>What was reason for Gambit's popularity? What made readers finally come to their senses?
fixed
>>
>>80365491
Jason was a slum kid, he was just happy that those hand me downs didn't smell of beer and piss.
>>
>>80365279
>Aquamans baffling combination of orange and green clothes? He thinks it's a good color combination.
To be fair, it probably looks better underwater.
>>
>>80364379
If I pull that head gear off, will him die?
>>
>>80365631
Eh, we both know that won't ever happen.
>>80365772
Orange and green is rare combo which is plus in my book.
>>
File: policecar.jpg (204 KB, 1074x800) Image search: [Google]
policecar.jpg
204 KB, 1074x800
I really like the series "Once A Thief / Tombstone Blues / King of Thieves". Recommended.

Gambit Vol. 1: Once a thief (Gambit Vol. 5 #1-7)
Gambit Vol. 2: Tombstone Blues (Gambit Vol. 5 #8-12)
Gambit, Vol. 3: King of Thieves (Gambit Vol. 5 #13-17)
>>
>>80365772
How many other atlanteans you ever seen using green and orange?

I submit that the same alteration that makes all male metas super fit and all female metas super hot also fucks up their fashion sense. It not only explains weird things like>>80365279, but it also explains why all the women dress in skimpy clothes and why characters that should know how to use tactical combat gear end up with mostly useless tacticool instead.
>>
>>80365971
Comics. One guy spent seventy years wearing underwear on the outside.
>>
File: precrisis_jay.jpg (44 KB, 480x340) Image search: [Google]
precrisis_jay.jpg
44 KB, 480x340
>>80365491
Not originally.
>>
>>80366096
holy shit...
>>
>>80364473
Is this from AvX? I skipped that one, but I've been seeing a lot of cool pages from it lately.
>>
>>80364423
You're a shithead
>>
Because no one cared who he was till he put it on.
>>
>>80366695
Yeah, one of those garbage VS issues.
>>
>>80364473

I might need to read this to see based Cap kicking Gambit's lily-white ass. Gambit sucks.
>>
>>80364379
For some reason, the "headsock" was a particularly popular superhero character design element in the late 1980s and most of the 1990s (artists have been using it since at least the 1940s, but it didn't really gain traction until much later).

As to why it became popular, I can't really say. Like real-world fashion, what comes into vogue in "comics fashion" often seems random, arbitrary, and not really dictated by functionality at all.
>>
>>80365460
It's weird, because lately Gambit had nothing but good stories. Carey's Legacy made him cool again, then there was >>80365902 Asmus' solo, and PAD's X-Factor was amazing. And yet his popularity isn't even close to what he had in mid-zeroes when he was a backstabbing cunt who put everybody at risk over some bullshit reasons.
>>
>>80367209
Lets see what happens.
>he's in future, Bishop thinks he's traitor
>cue Onslaught
>joins Storm's XSE
>only good costume of Storm, btw
>joins X-Men and has his own group of students
>cue Mystique starts to seduce him
>becomes Horseman
>Marauder again
>X-Man again
>steals Dracula
>In 2012, writer James Asmus had intended to re-imagine the character as bisexual, but "word came down we wouldn’t be redefining the character as such".
And we get page after page after page of Beast whining.
>>
>>80364379
It holds the rubber face on his robot head
>>
>>80367383
>James Asmus had intended to re-imagine the character as bisexual
Wow, didn't know about that. His run was pretty good anyway.
>>
>>80366695

Just read Muh Phoenix
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.