[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can we have one Robin thread that for once isn't shitposting?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 104
Thread images: 8
File: image.jpg (102 KB, 600x383) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
102 KB, 600x383
Can we have one Robin thread that for once isn't shitposting? No one cares who you think is best, worst, boring, edgy, or anything else.
>>
>>80338779
They should never put more than two Robins together at the same time
>>
>>80338779
Go for it, OP.
>>
>>80338779
Robin isn't shit. Manure is actually useful in agricultural uses.
>>
So then what should we talk about?
>>
>>80338779
but then what is there to discuss?
>>
>>80338779
>No one cares who you think is best, worst, boring, edgy, or anything else.
well, just so you know, I do care about what others think about who is best, worst, boring, edgy, or anything else
>>
>>80338796
I do think that for action sequences there should be only 1-2 robins, but for other stuff there can be 1-4
>>
Rankings
1. Dick
2.Damian
3.Jason
4. Tim
>>
>>80338779
God Tier
>Dick Grayson
>Carrie Kelly

High Tier
>Tim Drake
>Damian Wayne

Low Tier
>Stephanie

Shit Tier
>Jason Todd
>>
>>80338915
No they suck when they all get together
>>
>>80338920
>>80338941
Lol
>>
>>80338941
Please you only have those in god tier because you fap to them.

And I don't blame you
>>
>>80338849
What do you guys expect post Rebirth?
>>
>>80338971
Nah, Dick is good. He's likable but he is kind of a Mary sue. Can't think of what flaws he should have. Maybe play up his confidence?
>>
>>80338971
>Implying

Dick and Carrie were the only Robins that mattered anyway. The only useful one
>>
>>80338943
prove your point, anon.
>>
>>80339020
Dick tends to run off and formulate secret plans and neglects to tell anyone else about them until phase six of said plan is blowing up in his face.
>>
Isn't 4 a bit overkill? Nightwing and Tim Drake are enough =/
>>
>>80339071
So, he tries to be like Batman and fails?
That's kind of cute, actually.
>>
>>80339020
They already do that sometimes.

>>80339041
Do you like them being reduced to one trait like Dick being happy and Tim being smart?
>>
>>80339126
>Dick being happy and Tim being smart?
I can accept Happy Dick, but Tim should have die years ago.
>>
Why is Tim so boring?
>>
Who would you guys cast for the DCEU versions?
>>
>>80339211
He was made to be as inoffensive as possible so fans would be okay with him existing, and then they made him Batman Jr and killed everything that made him more unique in the batfamily.
Then he was mostly left with the Robin name and nostalgia/characterfagging, and then he lost one of those when Damian came along and more people started liking him.
>>
File: 1452535831722.png (296 KB, 649x649) Image search: [Google]
1452535831722.png
296 KB, 649x649
>>80338941

>including Stephanie at all
>>
>>80339112
This. Jason is only good as Red Hood and I can't currently get past how much of a shitstain Damian is on everything he's in. Other Robins worked well enough in their own stories.
>>
>>80339278
>The Black Rapper meme
>Stephanie wasn't a Robin meme

Good memed, my friend :^)
>>
>>80339211
Tim was created to be the perfect Robin( to repair the failure that was Jason) and he was a good Robin for twenty years. Problem was that Morrison wanted a new Robin and DC higher ups wanted to give Tim a "promotion", so he wasn't Robin anymore and it became clear that the character was not that good outside of his original role
>>
>>80339384
>Problem was that Morrison wanted a new Robin and DC higher ups wanted to give Tim a "promotion", so he wasn't Robin anymore and it became clear that the character was not that good outside of his original role

Is that the reason Tim replaced Terry in Batman Beyond comics?
>>
>>80339384
I was just thinking about what happens when Damian gets the promotion who will he be? It could fix him.
>>
File: 1455038838089.jpg (180 KB, 945x945) Image search: [Google]
1455038838089.jpg
180 KB, 945x945
>>80338941
>Tim
>High Tier
End yourself my man
>>
>>80339542
Probably

They really tried diversifying the batbooks thanks to Doyle, but they probably couldn't think of much for Red Robin to do so they just stuck him in the future lol
>>
>>80339633
>Implying Tim wasn't High tier before he was screwed in favor of Damian

Pls anon
>>
>>80339384
I wouldn't even say that, really. He was only really a sidekick for the first five years or so of his existence. After that he was off doing solo adventures and no other Robin really ever had that. Even Dick immediately ran into a team book when he became Nightwing and it wasn't until years later that he had his own solo. Him and Bruce were more partners than Batman and sidekick. When he finally graduated from being a sidekick, though, he didn't evolve into his own role like he should have- even his name was a half measure. His initial Yost/To shit had an interesting concept. I would have loved to see a globe-trekking member of the Batfam that did his own shit, but Nicieza immediately brought him back to Gotham and made him Batman lite rather than his own thing. It was the exact same thing with Dick and Bludhaven. Dick could have been great but his solo adventures were just "Batman clone in a Gotham clone"
>>
>>80339327
I actually quite enjoy(ed) Son of Batman, it made me like Damian which I thought would never happen.

Goliath makes Damian fun.
>>
>>80339384
>to repair the failure that was Jason
He wasn't a failure.

I really want to blame dc for what's happening to Tim, but his time was run out a long time ago and there's nothing can be done about him. Being Robin for so long is pretty much what doomed him.
>>
>>80338779
>No one cares who you think is best, worst, boring, edgy

Ok. Who is the hottest?
>>
>>80339849
They all look exactly the same
>>
File: 47272040_p3.jpg (90 KB, 513x959) Image search: [Google]
47272040_p3.jpg
90 KB, 513x959
The only way to have a peaceful Robin thread is to have a lewd Robin thread.
>>
>>80339363

>irony: the post
>>
>>80339849
That's hard question. They all look the same after all.
>>
>>80339849
It's subjective. Each of them look pretty similar, so it comes down to attitude.
>>
OK, say something nice about the Robins. What do you like best about each one of them.
>>
>>80338985
Damian in Super Sons with Jon Kent, hopefully still being written and drawn by Gleason.
Tim to be in Teen Titans with a clearer backstory after B&R:E and a not shit costume
Jason to get a new group of Outlaws now that Roy is back on the Titans and I assume Starfire will be back at Titans/Teen Titans as well. Any ideas for new Outlaws? Although I expect it to be Lobdell writing still
Dick to be great in Titans but shit in Nightwing
>>
>>80340023
>Dick to be great in Titans but shit in Nightwing
False, he'll be shit in both.
>>
>>80339384
Morrison didn't intend for Damian to stick around. He was meant to be a little asshole who everyone hated then die, but along the way Morrison started to like him.
>>
>>80340016
>Dick
He has the best ongoing right now.

>Jason
He has the potential to be great.

>Tim
God-tier trap.

>Damian
Best character development.
>>
>>80340059
>god tier trap
I fucking hate you faggots.
>>
>>80339565
Damian inherently can't grow up because he would age Batman.
>>
>>80340055
I just wish he stayed dead longer. The fact that he came back so quickly just completely removes any sort of meaning and gravitas the incident had.
>>
>>80340096
Why would that be a bad thing?

Dick is already an adult, which means Bruce is already in his late 40s/early 50s. Damian and Bruce visibly aging seems reasonable.
>>
>>80340842
>DC's most popular character
>aging

This is why Marvel doesn't really want Peter as anything more than a manchild for too long
>>
>>80340842
Bruce is at best 32 in the New 52. Dick didn't become Robin until he was 16.
>>
>>80338779
I think we can all agree that Jason is the worst. Or at the very least, agree that he should've stayed a villain.
>>
>>80340933
This. I liked the idea of a former batfam member becoming a mobster to regulate crime.
>>
>>80340842
Bruce is always in his mid 30s no matter what, even if this wasn't technically possible in the pre-Flashpoint timeline and its rather awkward in the new 52
>>
>>80340842
>Bruce
>being older than 35 ever

lol
>>
>>80338779
I hope there's some future oneshot or mini or whateve and its Damian Bats and his Robin is Terry
>>
>>80340191
Damien's death was completely cheap and unnecessary. Not to mention that it's hardly has any lasting impact. Not the same way with Jason.

It's shame what Morrison did to him because I liked Damien, but now I can't stand him.
>>
>>80341017
Well blame Tomasi and the fans because Morrison always had plans to kill him
>>
>>80341017
You can't even spell his name correctly, any opinion you have is invalid.
>>
>>80340933
I don't.

Jason is actually my favorite.
>>
>>80338941
>anyone liking Carrie ever
this has to be bait
>>
>>80340842
Bruce's adopted children simply become retroactively closer to him in age.

Bruce can't get old because eventually he couldn't be Batman, and then he would die. And people still want to read about him being Batman.
>>
File: red_hood_by_denism79-d9ter5u.jpg (198 KB, 1167x1651) Image search: [Google]
red_hood_by_denism79-d9ter5u.jpg
198 KB, 1167x1651
Favorite design
>>
>>80341064
It's not? I used to write his name with ia, but someone said it was wrong.
>>
>>80341181
Really? I liked his AK design the best, but this one was meh.
>>
>>80340895
>>80340988
It's a weird concept when you think about it.

I mean, some time ago I read part of the Superior Spiderman/whatever came after that storyline, and it was neat how Peter was actually doing something with his life beyond being a High school student and/or photographer for decades.

Bruce not aging past is early/mid 30s even when the passage of time implies he should just seems strange to me.
>>
>>80341181
>Hood over that kind of helmet
Its shit
>>
>>80341216
A simple Google search could correct you.
>>
File: Red_Hood-Arkhamverse.jpg (534 KB, 1280x1765) Image search: [Google]
Red_Hood-Arkhamverse.jpg
534 KB, 1280x1765
>>80341181
I like the AK design
>>
>>80341077
I got into DC after watching UTRH, then hearing the New 52 was coming out a couple of months later with Jason as lead in a book,
>little did I know I was in for 3 years of uninteresting hell before I finally gave up
>>
>>80341169
I also wonder what people like about her?

>>80341421
I couldn't care less about him nowadays so why I would bother to google his name?
>>
>>80341687
RHATO was painful, but I still have hope for him.

He is a good character with the potential to be great if DC get him a good creative team.
>>
File: 1438806947142 - Copy.jpg (437 KB, 1534x1569) Image search: [Google]
1438806947142 - Copy.jpg
437 KB, 1534x1569
>>80340016
Dick is my absolute favorite character in DC. We've literally watched him grow from a twelve year old boy wonder into his own man. And while Nightwing was kinda cool in practice he was just budget Daredevil. I'm so happy to have someone like King who realizes the potential of this character to be something more.

Jason is like Gwen Stacy: a good symbol and story element, as a dead person. He never should have come back and become the poster child for edgy teens. Everything about him since he's come back has been garbage except Morrison's use of him as a real villain. I could stomach him as a character if they didn't pussy out, he should be a VILLAIN, Batman should refuse to work with him or acknowledge him as a former Robin because he uses guns and kills, breaking Batman's two rules.

Tim I have a soft spot for because he's MUH ROBIN from my childhood, like Dick he has massive potential for development beyond Robin but nobody has come close to delivering on that.

Damian is a great character, I love how he started as an insufferable little shit and evolved into a much more likable, albeit still stuck up character. Also has lots of potential that's beginning to be explored with the current Robin ongoing.

I will never accept Steph as a "real" Robin, she COULD have been but they didn't even try to do anything with that and now it's retconned.

>>80340055
That's not really true, Morrison only intended to kill him off to "put him back in the toy box", which is why he left it open for others to use.
>>
Tim just needs a new direction and costume. Maybe Rebirth can give him that.
>>
>>80342444
No, idiot, he initially wanted to kill him off in Batman and Son.
>>
>>80339384

The problem with Tim wasn't the "promotion" it was wiping out what made him an enjoyable character: his supporting cast and the fact he wasn't like Bruce, Dick, and Jason with "MY PARENTS ARE DEAD!!!!!" Killing both his parents, wiping out his supporting cast, and then killing his best friends in Bart and Kon. Literally killed him.

Now with this new origin DC is basically skull-fucking the character to death.
>>
>>80344305
Why won't they just let him die? Or retire. Wasn't it a major part of his character at one point that he didn't want to do this forever? Let him go away to college, forever.
>>
>>80344267
Source?
>>
>>80342444
>And while Nightwing was kinda cool in practice he was just budget Daredevil. I'm so happy to have someone like King who realizes the potential of this character to be something more.
You make it sound as if Dick won't become Nightwing again. Dick will always be tied to the batfamily. A secret agent spy gimmick won't change that.
>>
>>80344757
Yeah but then Dixon wrote him in as being trained to take over as Batman. Tim agreed to it and that was the status quo until Morrisonbats.

Honestly I think Dick took the best case scenario for Tim when Dickbats was still a thing. I would have loved to see him take over one of the big secret agencies like Checkmate or SHADE.
>>
>>80344868
I know that, but I think King won't just make him back into budget Daredevil or Batman 2 again. The fact that Grayson even happened is evidence that he wants to take the character in new directions, which can still be done with the Nightwing identity.
>>
>>80344847
I found this by googling
http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/03/19/grant-morrison-on-why-damian-wayne-had-to-die

>IGN Comics: Was it always part of your larger plan on Batman to wind down your run with the death of Damian?
> Grant Morrison: Yeah, always. I actually have my series pitch from April 13, 2011 and the death of Damian is right there. So even two years ago I was telling everyone this stuff was going to happen. It’s amazing that no one leaked the news until a couple of weeks ago! But yeah, it was always going to happen; it was part of his destiny and the character arc he was put through. Initially I was going to do it in the first four issues, but I’m glad we didn’t because we got to build him up to be a much bigger and stronger character.
>>
>>80338941

>Carrie in god tier
>Damian not in god tier
>Tim in high tier

LOL
O
L
>>
>>80340096

>Implying timey-wimey-wibbly-wobbly shit can't and won't happen
>>
>>80345023
He's probably going to make Nightwing global
>>
>>80344757
I don't think that they should kill off any Robins in the foreseeable future, they already took this to ridiculous lengths recently when both Damian and Dick died and came back in quick succession, next to Jason, who already died and came back too. Nobody's taking that seriously anymore, and if Tim is the one Robin who dies and DOESN'T come back, it's just as silly.

College student Tim would be a nice direction, though I think there are still fans who would be extremely mad/sad if got sent out to pasture. Maybe have him work as a civilian detective or something, using his acquired skills in some way.
>>
What's your favorite Robin moment /co/ ?
>>
>>80344877
Dixon was writing Tim to be the new Blue Beetle.
>>
>>80345023
This all depends on whether King will have a say in what happens with Dick or no. It seems likely and it would be nice, but I don't think he'll write, and we don't know who else is might be writing.

If NW comes back and it's still SeeKing, that would be cool as shit, but I'm not sure.
>>
>>80345271
Except that got denied several times, so he went with Batman instead. Started the whole arc in No Man's Land.

>>80345262
>Dick
I honestly can't say because I was never really interested in him until Grayson.
>Jason
Going after 2Face but deciding his death wasn't worth the burden of his conscience as a Robin. Or it went something like this at least. He almost killed 2Face, decided not to, and Bruce freaked out about it.
>Tim
Two moments:
1) During the first Robin mini, Lady Shiva mentors him for a little bit. They come into a huge disagreement about whether or not killing is ever necessary and whether Tim should switch from a staff to something more lethal. During a spar, Tim manages to show her up by hollowing out his bo staff and using the resultant whistle as a distraction. He didn't win but it was an interesting character moment showing how there can be another way.
2) Bruce starts training Tim to be Batman. During this training phase he plants the idea in Tim's head that one or more of his allies are villains but he has no clue which one. After an increasing amount of paranoia and detective work, he finds out Bruce set up the whole thing. The two's relationship was pretty damaged after that as Tim tried to relearn how to trust people again.
>Damian
His death. Not because he died, but the circumstances around it. It was really the only way the Batman and Robin saga could end. Even if he failed against the Heretic, it was the final piece, the one thing that truly showed that Damian was done with the League of Assassins. He saw the horrors of his grandfather, his mother, and Leviathan. He finally discarded legacy and the wishes of his forebears to pick his own path.
>>
>>80339071
As someone who's read every Dick Grayson appearance since the mid 70's, I call bullshit on this post.
>>
>>80346840
Good for you.
>>
>>80338779

dick > jason > tim > damian
>>
The only good thing about Robin War was how much Damian shit all over the We Are Robins.
>>
>>80341329
Not him but i like having both.
>>
Tim is worst boy
>>
File: Action Comics 845 19.jpg (634 KB, 1024x1575) Image search: [Google]
Action Comics 845 19.jpg
634 KB, 1024x1575
>>80340023
>Jon Kent

>shitty Jurgens book nonsense because Johns is too big of a bitch to argue for his son of pre-Flashpoint Superman being the real one

Why is this the world we live in?
>>
>>80348477
>Jon Kent
>New 52 Superboy is Kon-El
>A clone of Jon Lane-Kent
>Jurgens is peretuating Lobdell stories
>>
>>80348557
I assume that part is unintentional and people just naturally hypercrisis that Superman would name his kid after his dad
>>
>>80338779
>best
Dick

>worst
Jason

>boring
Tim

>edgy
Damian
>>
>>80338779
How long has Damian's costume been fucked up like that? Why would you mess with perfection?
Thread replies: 104
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.