[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>This will never happen ;_;
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 6
File: liefield1[1].png (383 KB, 943x601) Image search: [Google]
liefield1[1].png
383 KB, 943x601
>This will never happen
;_;
>>
>world's tiniest violin.
>>
>>80338369
urban = black?

is this an american word substitution thing?
>>
>>80338657
Yes actually, If you're American go to a place that still has movies, look at what's in the urban section. It's usually black movies regardless of setting. Though to be fair this probably would actually involve Black men in an Urban environment.
>>
>there will never be a vaporwave superhero
What would he be like /co/?
>>
>>80338657
Often, yes.
>>
>>80338369
Well, I'm glad we dodged that bullet.
>>
>"now I know the urban market likes movies because they stole my tv"
>>
>>80338657
pretty much. it's like when they say "lack of diversity" they mean "needs more black guys, fuck latinos, asians and native americans"
>>
>>80339294
>dodged that bullet
>show about black people

hehehehehe...
>>
File: giphy.gif (970 KB, 800x501) Image search: [Google]
giphy.gif
970 KB, 800x501
>>80339136
His power would be the ability to speed or slow down time at will.

His design would be some mix of influences from 80s/early 90s fashion, Greco-Roman mythology and sculpture, and Japanese anime and manga.
>>
>>80339337
I only saw five minutes of the Oscars. Did they have any actual diversity or did they just drag out every black person they could find?
>>
>>80338657
Didn't you watch that Sealab 2021 episode?
>>
WE WUZ CAPTAIN AMERICA N SHIIET
>>
>>80339337
>"needs more black guys, fuck latinos, asians and native americans"
Who are you quoting?
I see this strawman a lot.
>>
>>80339684
If you look at the "diversity controversy" in at the oscars, it was pretty much about blacks.
>>
>blacks literally need white people to make their own culture such as movies, comic books, tv shows, and more
>expect to be treated equally
Apex kek
>>
>>80339795
>implying the vast majority of modern music wasn't invented and then stolen by white people
>>
>>80339730
It was black people complaining, and there's actual black people in the academy that were vocal, but that doesn't mean it was ALL about blacks. Most black actors/actresses didn't really give a fuck and saw it as just 'how it is'.
Jesus Christ, that goalpost moving is exactly the shit that creates SJWs.

>>80339795
Then there's people like this faggot.
>>
>>80339871
*invented by black people
>>
>>80339433
a mexican won best director
>>
>>80339433
Chris Rock started off with this joke

> The Oscars have always lacked diversity, it's just that Black people used to have real issues to protest
>>
>>80339871
thats like a white german dude claiming ownership of modern black music because it was done using musical instruments invented by whites
>>
>>80339921
Guy looks white as fuck though. I mean I get your point and you're right, but it just reminded me how this whole "racism" issue really applies to people who are very clearly non white. As in you don't have a doubt and you don't go "oh I didn't know" when they tell you where they're from.

Just by his face, Inarittu could pass as fully euro white.
>>
>>80339886
>but that doesn't mean it was ALL about blacks.

its was really about blacks being butthurt about that rap movie and that will smith movie being shunned
>>
File: Blood-Syndicate1-620x480[1].jpg (114 KB, 481x480) Image search: [Google]
Blood-Syndicate1-620x480[1].jpg
114 KB, 481x480
But it already has happened.
>>
>>80340001

Its Iñarritu, with Ñ you ficking racist
>>
>>80339871
ayo ayo whitey gibs me dem oscars or you is rayciss

black people finna be gettin dem directors credits senpai, we wuz kangs n shiiiiet
>>
>>80338369
>fell out of contact due to his illness

That's putting it lightly, didn't he die like a month after his AIDS diagnosis?
>>
>>80340074
WTF are you saying?
>>
>>80340017
It was about the media making it seem that blacks were butthurt. A handful of actors don't speak for the entirety of black people despite what you think.
>>
>>80340017
>its was really about blacks being butthurt about that rap movie
F Gary Gray didn't care [on the record].
Ice Cube didn't care [on the record].
Cast most certainly didn't care.
The [all?] white screen writing team got a nomination.

>that will smith movie being shunned
That's a pretty easy scapegoat since his wife started the 'movement'. It's probably true that it was all in self interest but it doesn't take away from a valid observation, by Smith who is a member of the Academy himself.
>>
>>80340316
>A handful of actors don't speak for the entirety of black people despite what you think.

then blame the media if my perception of the issue was formed by them
>>
>>80340338
Why are you apologizing on behalf of bunch of negros?
>>
File: image.jpg (230 KB, 630x886) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
230 KB, 630x886
>>
>>80339954
He ruined everything with the black lives matter stuff.
>>
>>80339921
It's his second time here, and the first time he was there because he "ironically" sucked hollywood's dick.
>>
>>80340356
Or don't be spoon fed opinions and learn how to form your own through life experience.
>>
>>80339684

As a Hispanic, he's right.

It's the reason everyone asks that James Bond be made black to reflect "modern-day England", when in reality, a middle-eastern or even Indian Bond would do that much better.
>>
>>80340473
he's quite overrated no racist tho

>>80340500
despite what black activist make you believe, there are places in the US where you don't see or interact with black people very often.
>>
>>80340376
I'm not apologizing for anyone, all the people that jumped on the dick of the #OscarsSoWhite movement (that probably never watched an Oscar's ceremony past the red carpet in their life) are sheeple-- these people make more money in one room than you will ever make in your lifetime and you're doing their bidding.
All the people projecting their oversensitivity at anything to do with race as some sort 'aw, the niggers are whining again' notch on a bedpost are just equally sheeple.

>>80340505
>It's the reason everyone asks that James Bond be made black to reflect "modern-day England"

I've never seen that as an argument, if it's true and not a strawman then it's retarded and you're right.
My understanding is it's just people obsessed with Idris Elba and looking for any excuse as to why he should play the role. They did the same thing for an Asian Iron Fist, and that made even less sense.
>>
>>80340033
I'm surprised a rival publisher didn't release Crips Incorporated.
>>
>>80340378
Love the excessive cross hatching, lack of feet, disproportionate and fucked up hands...spot on parody.
>>
>>80340598
True, but even if you've never met a black person, you've at least acknowledged the fact that not all white people have the same views and values. Why would you assume it would be different for blacks or any other non white group.
>>
File: monolith.jpg (76 KB, 670x502) Image search: [Google]
monolith.jpg
76 KB, 670x502
>>80340844
Blacks are a monolith, don't you know?
>>
HOL UP
>>
>>80339886
I saw something that shows blacks over the last 25-30 or so years have actually won a number of oscars that reflects their portion of the US population.

Now, asians, latinos, and others?

Not even close. Even combined the other ethnicities didn't even beat the black amount.

But who was complaining about too many white people? It wasn't the asians, it wasn't the latinos. It was blacks and self-hating whites, like always
>>
>>80341255
WE
>>
>>80340505
To be fair it's mostly Americans making statements like this because they assume the ethnic composition of big american cities represents the entire west, even though in majority of european countires there are more Sikhs, Pakistani, Turks or Vietnamese than black people, I think France is the sole exception, but I might be wrong. And it's completely different in eastern Europe where you have people like Tatars as the most common minority, that's very rarely acknowledged (maybe it's partially because the eastern minorities are often historically very assimilated though, and "large minority" in eastern countries is like 0.5-3%, not 5-15%).
>>
>>80342068
For a lot of americans anyone with non-white skin who's not Asian is black, and black equals African-American in this context, so a lot of these minorities probably count as such for them, especially Sikhs and Pakistani whom you've mentioned. It's stupid and simplifies a lot of historical problems (also how to, say, Irish, Armenians or Poles fit into this kind of discourse?), but it's an oddly prelevant thing for some reason.
>>
>>80340001
People can still be judged for their race and be white passing anon. What kind of guy would you picture if you saw the name Treyvon Gutierrez on a resume? How would you picture a person that has a spanish accent over the phone? there are lots of ways people put you in a race box, only like 70% of them have to do with facial features and skin.
>>
>>80342068
>maybe it's partially because the eastern minorities are often historically very assimilated though

assimilation is becoming a taboo in murrica tho

Minorities are supposed to have their own ghettos, customs and entertainment.
>>
>>80342337
Yep

Saying "America is a melting pot" is racist now

And Canada wants to remove the requirement for immigrants to learn english or french.

Because if you don't learn the language you can...still integrate...right?
>>
>>80342337
That's dumb, you can preserve your heritage and traditons and simultaneously assimilate, it happened with tens if not hundreds of cultures and not only in white countries. And ghettos of any sort, even self-imposed, never do much good, who the fuck tries to pass it as good idea? I can't fathom any sort of reasonable political ideology that'd support this on either side of the political spectrum, it just reeks of fanaticism. Something I'd expect to hear from a backwards facist from Russia or someone similar. If it wasn't true no country in the Balkans, central Europe or south Asia would exist now since their history largely resolved around being partially assimilated by their counquerors, and in such situations naturally maintaing your culture is harder than in a democratic modern country.
>>
File: 682new_storyimage1636614_full.jpg (54 KB, 550x696) Image search: [Google]
682new_storyimage1636614_full.jpg
54 KB, 550x696
>this will never happen
>>
>>80342535
Needs more electric powers.
>>
>>80342486
>who the fuck tries to pass it as good idea?

Im sure its something that big media and political parties profit from.

Like the oscars, which less and less people still give a fuck about; only gave something to talk about because of the "#oscarssowhite" stuff

Also I dont know if other big countries have tv and radio channels pandering specifically to certain minorities, put in the US we do.
>>
>>80341756
All those groups recognize themselves pretty jingoistically, within their own respective languages and nations.
I mean if you want to be perfectly honest the goal of Western blacks has always been to 'have it as good as the whites', they had their own race's culture beat out of them generations ago and a couple centuries later the Afrocentrism movement was snuffed out as soon as Western blacks realized that Africans don't consider them African any more than Americans\English considered them American\English.

So yeah, 6th and 7th generation American nigras are more uppity about their place in American culture than 2nd or 3rd generation American Asians and Hispanics. It seems disproportionate because how much they care is disproportionate.
Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.