[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Would you have watched Supergirl if it was more closely linked
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 123
Thread images: 7
File: trinity.jpg (342 KB, 940x470) Image search: [Google]
trinity.jpg
342 KB, 940x470
Would you have watched Supergirl if it was more closely linked with Flash/Arrow (ie same universe)?

I checked out the pilot and Martian Manhunter interested me but aside from the Flash episode I doubt I'll be checking it out.
>>
>>80332801
>>>/tv/
>>
>>80332801
I may have watched it. But like you after the pilot I decided not to. Was interested in Martian Manhunter but still didn't pick it up. Just throwing characters I like without having a strong show with substance to back it up doesn't grab me easily unlike most of /co/ who decided that because it had a character they like it now.. Aside from the Flash episode I doubt I'll watch it.
>>
>>80332902
>I haven't watched it but I'm going to make a critical judgement about it anyway
>Unlike most of /co/

Unlike most of /co/, you're an idiot.
>>
>>80332925
But I did watch it? Are you an idiot? Can't you read?
>>
>>80332801
Maybe, but I thought the Pilot was really fucking bad
>>
Right now? no

Felicity will just out do what Supergirl can do. Cat Grant will praise her, she will be able to outhack Will, make better plans than Martian Manhunter and everyone in the DEO, outsmart Maxwell Lord and be a better photographer than Jimmy Olsen.

And also know better about law than Lucy.
>>
>>80333333

Hell yes. What bugs me about the Arrowverse is that all metas seem to be linked to the particle accelerator.
>>
>>80332867
>Supergirl, Flash, and Green Arrow aren't comic books

Marveldrones make me puke
>>
>>80333187
It'd be pretty funny if they convinced Jimmy I am sorry, JAMES that Felicity is Supergirl due to how actresses look a lot like each other.
>>
File: 1449106581989.gif (1 MB, 400x225) Image search: [Google]
1449106581989.gif
1 MB, 400x225
>>80332801
>Would you have watched Supergirl if it was more closely linked with Flash/Arrow (ie same universe)?
Being someone that actually watches Supergirl, fucking hell no.
Flash is fun and hype, and all that, but Arrow is like an infection that I'd rather not deal with, and the "independence" that Supergirl has, as a show is enjoyable.
>>
>>80332801
Would it still have Nigger Olsen and miscegenation? Then no.
>>
>>80332801
I like to watch it. And so does my father. We have fun. I am excited for the Flash episode too.
>>
Flash > Gotham > Supergirl > Constantine > LoT >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> ARROW
>>
>>80332801
Arrow and Flash have never really appealed to me, by contrast I watch Supergirl and think it's fine, not great but not a disaster and it's getting better by small increments.
This is probably the direct opposite experience to most people here.
>>
>>80333418
You're right, the live-action tv shows Supergirl, Flash and Arrow aren't comics or cartoons.

>company wars

Kill yourself.
>>
>>80332801
>would

I do watch Supergirl. I'm starting to like it more than The Flash even, because the relationship drama gets so fucking painfully Dawson's Creek at times that I expect Michigan J. Frog to pop up between commercials.
>>
>>80333540
I have not seen Gotham or Constantine or Arrow, but I can agree with the relative positions of Flash > Supergirl > Legends of Tomorrow.

How do you feel about the Marvel shows?
>>
>>80333615
The Flash is more 7th Heaven than Dawson's Creek.
>>
>>80333575
Take your own advise, sperg.
>>
>>80332954
I can understand not liking it. But basing an entire show on only the pilot is not really watching it or giving it a fair chance. I'm not one of those idiots who is going to be like "You have to watch the entire first season to really GET it" No one has time for that. But pilots are often either A. fucking terrible proof of concepts that only exist to set up the rest of the show or B.not indicative of the rest of the show.

I can think of tons of shows I'd never have watched to completion if I'd never watched past the pilot.
>>
>>80333675
>CW casual calling anyone else a sperg
precious
>>
>>80334583
:^^^)
>>
>>80334500
I'm much the same. I sometimes even skip pilots entirely and just start with the episode most people say is where a show gets 'good'.
>>
>>80332801
As a rule, I never write a show off based on one episode, I give every show about three hours worth of airtime to impress me (basically the length of a long movie or a football game)

~2-3 hour long episodes
~5-6 half hour episodes
~10-12 fifteen minute episodes

It's not a perfect system but it's never let me down.

As it so happens I didn't really care for Supergirl's pilot or the second episode, but I was impressed enough with the third episode to give the rest a try. Wasn't disappointed.
>>
>>80333467
Did he died?
>>
>>80334963
yes
>>
>>80334963
Everyone died
>>
>>80334500
>pilots are often either A. fucking terrible proof of concepts that only exist to set up the rest of the show or B.not indicative of the rest of the show.
So explain to me how the rest of Supergirl's show differs from the pilot. Is Jimmy still black? Is there still sexual tension between him and Kara? Are they still calling her "Kahrah"? Is Clark still only a brief presence in her life? Because those are all the reasons why I dropped the show after the pilot.

And before you reply, yes, I get that this is Supergirl's show. Superman can't be there all the time to solve her problems. But the simple solution would have been to wipe Superman from existence in the concept of the show. It's an alternate universe, they can do whatever they want with it. But they chose to fuck it up.
>>
>>80334963
He got better.
>>
>>80335141
Superman exists sort of in the background. They "talk" to each other and he offers advice and encouragement in a very Supes-fashion, but after an incident where he comes in and helps her fight someone, he keeps a distance and lets her stand on her own.
>>
But look at what you guys are missing out on!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rUk_0lWD39s

pahahahahaa fuuuck
>>
>>80335858

Like Man of Steel with more practical effects. The bad green screen kinda gives it a more dynamic feel.
>>
>>80332801
>Would you have watched Supergirl
but I do watch Supergirl
>>
>>80335858

besides the shitty heat vision bit, that's pretty good for tv famalan
>>
>>80335858
AMERICAN TOKUSATSU
>>
>>80335141
how does jimmy being black affect the show in any way? how does it being kahrah instead of car-uh affect the show?
>>
File: 184856884.png (152 KB, 299x286) Image search: [Google]
184856884.png
152 KB, 299x286
The digital comic based on the Supergirl show is actually really enjoyable and cute
>>
>>80336188
neither affect the show. they just trigger 4chan racists and autists
>>
>>80336139
What's a tv famalan?
>>
>>80332801

>Supergirl is set in a universe where Felicity does not exist

Why get rid off the biggest plus?
>>
Flash is the only show i watch. I tried Arrow back when it started but didn't like it.

Tried Supergirl, and was actually unable to finish because of how bad I felt.
>>
>>80332801
I watch Supergirl, the story this season is bad although it doesn't turn me off to the point I won't watch like Agents of Shield did. Supergirl would be better if linked to the CW shows because crossovers. If they did link the shows they shouldn't make everyone buddy/buddy like they do with Flash/Arrow teams. It would be like oh Supergirl shows up to help Flash or vice-versa once in awhile no biggie.

>I checked out the pilot and Martian Manhunter interested me but aside from the Flash episode I doubt I'll be checking it out.

That's how I feel about Arrow. I only watch the Arrow crossover episodes with Flash and just watched the Vixen episode just to see live-action Vixen. Arrow as a show never interested me for various reasons and even after watching the crossover episodes Arrow's show and cast is so strange.
>>
>>80336690
You should give Agents of Shield another chance. You could skip to the second half of season 2 where they really kickstart things with the Inhumans and the restructuring of Hydra. Season 3 so far has been much more internal in regards to the MCU.
>>
>>80336863
But they refuse to kill off ward, who is nothing more than an obnoxios manchild. He's literally written like some 14 year old's self insert villain from a fanfiction.net story. He's literally the embodiment of a "That Guy" character.
>>
>>80336863
Actually I dropped it earlier this year around when May's ex turned out to be an Inhuman beast guy. It was such an obvious twist I could not stand watching it anymore.
>>
>>80336863
The Inhumans storyline was just a bad X-Men ripoff. Stopped watching after season 2.
>>
>>80336932
I can see how you might not like a character like that, but I still do. He's that special brand of dickass that you want (or least I want to) see take as far as possible. I'm not rooting for him and I assume that he will ultimately fail, but he's a nice firestarter. If Shield was a different type of show, Ward would be the villain with overly elaborate plans to inconvenience people.
>>
RME

I will never understand how people can say to give Arrow a shot, "The first season gets better I promise!", but Supergirl gets "It's a shit show" despite other people saying that it does get better as the season goes on.
>>
>>80332867
It has tie-ins and Arrowverse has a connected animated series. It's /co/. Not to mention they're all based off comic properties.
>>
>>80333615
Really? All that Winn-Kara-Jimmy shit was way worse than anything I've seen on Flash so far. Was painful.
>>
>>80336932
Except they did kill Ward.
>>
>>80337436
All...five minutes of it?

Hair trigger there, anon. Might wanna get some help.
>>
>>80337457
And immediately brought him back as hydra's god.
>>
>>80337478
Nah, like at least 10 episodes of that shit. I have no idea why some folks downplay it. It's there a lot and it's bad. Kara fawning over Jimmy's dick and Winn acting like a little cuck baby all the time is fucking horrible.

Won't even get into the constant girls rule and boys drool mantra that permeates the show. Thank god for J'onn or else I wouldn't have stuck it out.
>>
>>80337555
They're not downplaying it, you're blowing something out of proportion that barely happens in Supergirl...

...but happens all the time on Arrow.
>>
>>80337555
>Won't even get into the constant girls rule and boys drool mantra that permeates the show.
what the fuck are you evening talking about?

i think you're just uncomfortable with a female-led show.
>>
>>80336115
>>80336139
Hahaha are you really implying this isn't garbage? If you can't do the CGI in a non-laughable way, just don't fucking do it or try to hide it somehow. This is just blatantly embarrassing.
>>
>>80332801
I watch, rather I power through it. Hard not to cringe at the fx, fight choreography, dialogue, but I pretty much just watch for J'onn. Not sure if it being connected would change it much. It has a batch of problems it needs looking at. But I'll probably stick with it and hope it improves.
>>
>>80337608
You're absolutely downplaying it. Shit is blatant and more forced than anything seen on Flash, that's for sure.
>>
>>80337436
You can't sit here and tell me anything Supergirl has done comes even close to the Allen Family Matters show, guest starring Barry "oh yeah, he's the Flash" Allen.
>>
>>80337825
>West Family

forgive me. drunk on cough syrup.
>>
>>80337825
Yes. I can. And I doubt I'm the only one here that was turned off by SuperSNLSkitGirl.
>>
File: dddud.webm (3 MB, 700x394) Image search: [Google]
dddud.webm
3 MB, 700x394
>Supergirl fags will defend this
>>
>>80337895
Don't get me wrong, Supergirl isn't perfect either with the sometimes painfully on the nose current event commentary, but I've never felt that the mandatory drama B plot on that show fully engulfed whole episodes like on The Flash.
I like both shows well enough. I'm pissed at Flash because I want it to be better. It should be better. It's like that kid you know has potential to really go places, but he keeps scribbling butts on his exam to stick it to the man. You're better than this, Flash.
>>
>>80332801
I just wish they wrote Max Lord better.

he just comes off as a cut-rate Lex Luthor
>>
>>80338950
Well Supergirl in this show is a cut-rate Superman so-
>>
>>80338986
zing
>>
Yes. I've watched the first 2 episodes because of the crossover.

While it's more watchable than I thought it would be, I can't help but think I'm about to embark on a difficult journey.
>>
>>80339197
It becomes worthwhile after, yes AFTER, Red Tornado, while before that it's was only barely watchable if you're desperate for something other than Arrow.
I'd never suggest just skipping, though.
>>
Flash/Arrow/Legends of Tomorrow all already exist in a single universe.

Through the Multiverse, Flash will crossover with Supergirl.
Constantine had a pseudo-crossover with Arrow; it's not confirmed if it's the same Constantine as the Constantine TV show or an incredible simulation, but unless otherwise stated we can assume them to be one and the same.

I recall hearing rumors that Legends of Tomorrow may also crossover with Gotham and Constantine, though until something actually happens it remains a rumor.
>>
>>80339275
>crossover with Constantine
i thought that was cancelled
>>
The Flash > iZombie > Agents of SHIELD > Constantine > Agent Carter > Gotham > Arrow = Legends of Tomorrow > Supergirl = The Walking Dead

Yes I watch all of them.
>>
>>80335858
Pretty cool really. I mean the green screen was bad but overall on a tv budget in the middle of the day it looked pretty good.
>>
>>80332801
No because then the whole emerging heroes thing Flash and Arrow and emerging meta population would be wasted knowing that Superman is out there and has been out there.

I watched the pilot and really didn't think it was that bad, nothing was wrong that they couldn't improve on once the show started. Once it did the first few episodes were really awful. And I stopped watching it was /co/ saying that it's gotten better recently they made me start watching again.
>>
I know I sound like an autist but the only reason I dont watch it becuase her hair is to dark and it completely turns me off of her being supergirl.
>>
>>80339448
>I sound like an autist
yes, yes you do.
>>
>>80337492
But he's no longer Ward. It's literally just his body, so your critique about his personality no longer applies.
>>
>>80339379
Also if I didn't care about canon, I'd probably not watch any of it except The Flash because it's great and The Walking Dead because I've watched this fucking far.

Also, DC's TV universe only beats Marvel's 2 shows because of The Flash. Otherwise, I would say that Marvel (past the first half of season 1 of AoS) has put out great quality TV that enriches the MCU while standing on its own and I'm honestly more excited for it than Arrowverse stuff. Even though I still love Arrowverse.
>>
>>80337608
>...but happens all the time on Arrow
And people fucking hate it on Arrow as well.

It's bad on both shows, but it came kinda late in Arrow, so it's built up a fanbase that stuck around. Supergirl was plagued with it hard from episode fucking one.
>>
>>80336115
>Like Man of Steel
You can't honestly think that.

>The bad green screen kinda gives it a more dynamic feel
YOU CAN'T HONESTLY THINK THAT

What the fuck is wrong with you people?
Do you actually need to be fucking deluded on the most basic level to enjoy Supergirl?
>>
>>80339561
I guarantee you that he'll end up having ward's memories influence him and will just end up being an annoying manchild but with alien superpowers now.
>>
>>80339448
just adjust your contrast.
>>
>>80339656
I dunno. We're on ABC here and we all remember what happened to John Locke.
>>
>>80339656
Fair enough, I can actually see it happening too. That'd be enough for me to drop the show, then. His arc was done. His downfall took far too long as it is.

Not even Bennet will be enough to keep me watching.
>>
>>80339680
Pretty much the exact same thing? He was still a very angry old man who used locke's shit reasoning to gain a following.
>>
File: 1394102802454.jpg (337 KB, 592x850) Image search: [Google]
1394102802454.jpg
337 KB, 592x850
>>80339657
No amount of contrast can make her look like this which is how i think iconically she should look. Its not that hard for them to meet that small standard of lightening her hair to look like the iconic look for her is.
>>
>>80339749
He wasn't Locke at all. How many times am I going to have to tell somebody to go back and rewatch Lost. It's not that difficult of a show.
>>
>>80339784
To be honest I hated the show. It was like 80% flashback, 20% island per episode during the first few seasons, then when they ran out of forced backstory to make us like or sympathize with characters for who they were, not who they are, they tried to introduce some scifi shit that went nowhere special, introduced a group of people who ended up being weakass villains since we were supposed to feel bad for them in the end, and jumpcut to wanting to get back to the island so everything inbetween could be another series of tragic flashbacks forcing us to like/sympathize with characters for things in their past, not their present.

Sawyer, Jin, Charlie and Hurley were like the only enjoyable characters out of the main cast.
>>
>>80339975
Yeah if you didn't like the flashbacks, I can see not liking the show. Weird though. That was one of the most important things about the show I thought.
>>
>>80340032
Was, being the important thing, there.
>>
>>80339773
>No amount of contrast can make her look like this which is how i think iconically she should look
Thong tanline included?
>>
>>80340032
My point is, they relied too much on them too early on.

We never had a chance to discover who the characters were in the present. We never got a chance to develop feelings for them for who they are, and instead were instantly forced to have feelings towards them based off of who they were before the island.

I think the only time they did flashbacks well was with Charlie.
>>
>>80340178
it's pretty telling that that pic is the one he chose for an "iconic" look.
>>
>>80335700
This made me laugh
>>
>>80339379
Your ranking is probably the worst I've seen on this site.
>>
>>80337937
>Expecting more from a television budget
Its about what I expected.
>>
File: 1394110587497.jpg (732 KB, 887x1222) Image search: [Google]
1394110587497.jpg
732 KB, 887x1222
>>80340332
Sorry I cant masturbate to dirty blondes, has to be golden or platinum or gtfo.
>>
>>80339605
They went the inverse, killed it off and now it's just a group of friends.
>>
>>80340520
i want to make fun of you, but i feel too sorry for you to do it.
>>
>>80333187
>>80333458
>yfw one of the episodes would have supergirl awol while a villain is threatening the city
>felicity has to dress up as supergirl to confront the villain
>she nearly succeeds in warding him off before kara comes back for the final blow
>at the end everyone tells felicity how strong she is and how, while she may not have her powers, she has shown herself to be the true supergirl
>>
Supergirl is actually pretty enjoyable past the pilot. It has some proper dud episodes though but hey, even the Flash has had that. Arrow is, without a doubt, an awful show nowadays.

Martian Manhunter is cool. Her sister is hot. Maxwell Lord is basically Lex.

The show does have some annoying bits. Cat Grant can be grating. Black Jimmy. Friend zone stuff. The side cast can be frustrating. But I see a show still trying to find its footing.
>>
>>80340929
I kinda like black Jimmy, but thats mostly because I feel having regular Jimmy...well, be honest, would anyone on /co/ really be happy with regular Jimmy?
UNLESS he's turning into a giant lizard monster or marrying a gorilla.
Or getting his heart torn to bits by Super dick.
>>
>>80341019
He actually grows on you as it goes on. Camp ginger Jimmy would probably not have been the best choice for the role.
>>
>>80332801

>Would you have watched Supergirl if it was more closely linked with Flash/Arrow (ie same universe)?

But I'm watching Supergirl anyway.
>>
>>80341019
If you switched Jimmy and Winns character traits and romantic story lines I would enjoy it more.

Jimmy a skilled but easily intimidated photographer that Grant poached from the Daily Planet and Winn a confident and intelligent systems engineer slumming it at CATCO because of his fathers past. But Kara has a huge crush on Winn and Jimmy has a huge crush on Kara. The same overall dynamic Just switching some traits of the two characters.
>>
>>80341057
Ginger Jimmy works well for the fairly confident and well-adjusted Clark Kent. Not so much for Kara, who basically is Jimmy. I like James. Not because he's black, but because he's very Clark without powers.
>>
No because i don't like women as the lead/protagonists in a story
>>
>>80332801
I would but it doesn't so I won't. MIGHT check out Flash's episode on Supergirl.
>>
>>80332867
>is litterally about a comic-book hero
>>
>>80341711
Just ignore and hide or report him.
>>
>>80340492
Why? Because you like Supergirl?
>>
>>80340821
You forgot about the part where Cat puts Felicity in charge of the company even though Felicity is only a glorified I.T. person
>>
>>80333390

The Particle Accelerator accident is just what activated their metagenes, feasibly we could get a meta who gets superpowers activated through other means.
>>
>>80333555
Just needs to get rid of Jimmy and Lucy, and get a better costume department, the villains of the week always look like shit.
>>
>>80333467
Wait, what episode was this. Did arrow kill its main character at some point?
>>
>>80332801

I would have liked to see it connected to the other shows if they made it to where Kara actually did arrive before Kal, Black Jimmy Olsen was a different character, and they toned down the "anything you can do, I can do better" shit.
>>
>>80342327
>they toned down the "anything you can do, I can do better" shit.
what are you talking about?
>>
>>80342079
Yeah then Barry went back in time to erase it.
>>
>>80343098
>Barry went back in time to erase it.
when will he ever learn
>>
File: The Truth.jpg (39 KB, 412x480) Image search: [Google]
The Truth.jpg
39 KB, 412x480
>All these shitty ratings
GOD-tier
Arrow ( yeah still my favorite show so fuck off)
Flash
Daredevil
Gotham
GOOD-tier
Legends of Tomorrow
Constantine
>>
>>80340513
You expected genuine awkwardness and bad effects and poor overall choreography. I guess it is easy to please you guys. They don't even have to try.
>>
Watch Barry mention Felicity in the crossover and Kara wants to meet her more than Oliver
Thread replies: 123
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.