[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
HG/HYPERCRISIS GENERAL
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 7
File: BAT EPIC.png (489 KB, 1008x1836) Image search: [Google]
BAT EPIC.png
489 KB, 1008x1836
ispired by the darkseid thread, lets have a HYPERCRISIS thread
>>
File: hypercrisis the happened.png (378 KB, 800x1500) Image search: [Google]
hypercrisis the happened.png
378 KB, 800x1500
>>
File: hypercrisis the happening.png (400 KB, 800x1500) Image search: [Google]
hypercrisis the happening.png
400 KB, 800x1500
>>
Who takes a picture with a semi? hahaha
>>
What is Hypercrisis?
>>
>>80309180
who wants to field this one?
>>
>>80309180
It's Grant Morrison's elaborate metanarrative connecting basically everything in the DC universe
>>
File: hypercrisis reading.jpg (268 KB, 1284x986) Image search: [Google]
hypercrisis reading.jpg
268 KB, 1284x986
>>80309180
every story ever is connected includng all of ours. its life
>>
File: 1422442243160.png (2 MB, 1024x1412) Image search: [Google]
1422442243160.png
2 MB, 1024x1412
>>80309180
the answer to this question is kind of a "choose your own adventure" game
>>
also, reminder that the hypercrisis would not be real if not for /co/ perpetuating the idea into existence in the first place
>>
>>80309290
i like to think that its the first part of grants plan. or maybe an accident.
>>80309310
like this guy said its alive because of us, but was it ever supposed to come alive?
>>
id like to mash this thread and the darkseid one together
>>
this is a pretty cool playlist, all of the videos dont have to do with the crisis, but some do. all are cool. https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLWI_8y9Q-HO9DqQsnMWjDqVa9rcn-AdVr
>>
>>80309180
what isn't?
>>
in college i wrote a paper about the hypercrisis tying final crisis to oedipus.
>>
is the dc multiverse alive?
>>
>>80309725
I wrote about the speed force once but it was just one of those bullshit required freshman classes so it wasn't anything other than basically informative.
>>
I guess my question fits here: Does the anti-life equation make people aware of their existence as fictional characters whose fates are handled by hundreds of writers, and their lives read and judged by thousands of readers?

Any instance where the reader is involved or referenced?
>>
>>80309757
mine got real deep. my professor i knew was like a casual comic nerd, didnt like final crisis, so he mostly understood mine but he definitely thought it was weird. i cited that one essay someone wrote abut /co/ and the hypercrisis hahaha
>>
>>80309760
thats what i think happens. they sort of realize that life is futile because all it is is realizing youre dying. sometimes when i get super high it feels like im experiencing anti life which is freaky but cool. ive been trying to "activate" it for science.
>>
>>80309795
>i cited that one essay someone wrote abut /co/ and the hypercrisis hahaha

hypercrisis truly is a self perpetuating meme
>>
>>80309876
it really is. hell i cant even find the essay now thats a bit odd
>>
>>80309917
http://journal.transformativeworks.org/index.php/twc/article/view/442/397
>>
>>80309954
>>80309954
hahah i meant mine, but this is a good read so thank you. i did find a review i wrote for man of steel for my film class
>>
I'm still curious if the Speedforce indirectly gave birth to Ion.
>>
>>80311634
its the readers in the source i thought? we created the emotional entities with out investment and emotion about the stories and the characters?
>>
>>80311862
But wasn't Ion born when the first creature willed itself to move? And isn't the Speedforce that which gives the multiverse motion?
>>
>>80311909
well, yea. thats right. then is it the readers investment that fuels them? as i understood it thats what lights out was about right?
>>
>DC still hasn't produced a DC Multiverse Presents... monthly

Come on, it would be perfect for rebirth. A bunch of stories each set on their own separate Earth, ranging to the fun to the edgy.
>>
>>80312058
I was under the impression anthology books didn't sell. I assumed that was the reason we never got Wednesday Comics 2 even though that would be the perfect place to showcase new talents.
>>
>>80312058
>A bunch of stories each set on their own separate Earth, ranging to the fun to the edgy.

I'd love an Earth 2 book written like the golden age ones.
>>
>>80312764
With every sentence ending in either a "!" or a "?"?
>>
I remember there was a quote about how in Earth 0 Superman landed in a spaceship in Kansas but in Earth 33 he landed in a comic book. So I've been looking for times when Superman's actions have directly affected the real world
>In June 1946 Superman took on the the KKK in "The Clan of the Fiery Cross". Written by Stetson Kennedy who infiltrated the Klan, the show used actual Klan secrets as plot devices. These episodes were directly responsible for halting Klan expansion and even caused members to quit. One member is quoted as saying " How do you keep doing something once you realize your own kid thinks you’re a supervillain who needs to get punched out by the good guys?"
>In 2010 a family facing foreclosure found a copy of Action Comics #1 in the basement of their home. The comic was appraised at 5/10, worth $250000
>>
File: stop.png (88 KB, 293x282) Image search: [Google]
stop.png
88 KB, 293x282
>>80309147
>Hurr durr lets prop up this absurd fan theory with even more absurd fan theories to give the illusion that DC is totes epic storytelling and not just an incompetent storage shed for two American icons that will always get BTFO by Marvel

You are all delusional.
Please go outside.
>>
>>80312900

>One of the more famous wartime Superman stories actually appeared after the war ended thanks to the Department of Defense. "Battle of the Atoms" was originally going to appear in late 1944, but finally appeared in Superman #38 (January-February 1946) and featured a classic battle with Luthor save for the fact that Luthor's new weapon was an "Atomic Bomb". Since the Manhattan project, which gave rise to the first two American nuclear weapons, was in full swing in 1944, the Defense Department wanted nothing tipping off the Germans that America was even considering work on an atomic bomb, not even from a comic book. While the weapon used by Luthor looked nothing like the actual weapon, and was not anywhere near as destructive as the real bomb, government agents came to DC's offices and demanded that the story not be printed until official clearance was given, citing the need for a unified national defense. Obviously, the people at DC were confused, realizing that they must have come up with something more than their normal fantastic story.

>www.supermanhomepage.com/comics/comics.php?topic=articles/supes-war
>>
>>80309180

Technically speaking everything is.
>>
>>80313087

>Gentry, plz GTFO
>>
>>80313087
get outa here gentry
>>
>>
im going to do my best to storytime final crisis tonight, but i am droppng acid so i dont know how well itll go
>>
>>80317787
>not storytiming Crisis on Infinite Earths, Infinite Crisis, and Final Crisis back-to-back-to-back while dropping acid
You disgust me.
>>
>>80317829
i only have final crisis on my laptop otherwise i would. now im thinking about doing the whole bat- epic. i can do either boys club, Luthor, man of steel, bat-epic, vol 1 of nu52 action comics, or 1-6 and the annual of grayson. what wuld yo prefer
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.